The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#95189 - 11/14/06 11:02 PM 2007 calendar
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I begin my search for a new calendar before Thanksgiving because it takes so long to find one I like. I found one yesterday at Books-A-Million. It's The Reading Woman, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Beautiful, peaceful pictures of women READING! Can you imagine? Thought you might want to check it out.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#95190 - 11/15/06 12:30 PM Re: 2007 calendar [Re: Saundra]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I Love the yearly calendar hunt, too. We bought a Boze radio several years ago. Last year, they sent a free calendar. It was beautiful - Each month - a different musical instrument (amazing photography) with fun facts imbedded like Mozarts birthday, etc.

I can't wait to toss the darn thing. The paper is so shiny that it defies ink of any kind. What a disappointment. I'm sooo ready to move on..... Don't know why I didn't toss it around January '06 - the tightwad in me perhaps.

#95191 - 11/15/06 04:03 PM Re: 2007 calendar [Re: browser57]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My brother and I always try to outdo each other in finding the perfect calendar for each other. He's amazing. One year he found a sexy fireman's calendar (my husband's a fireman) and pasted my husband's face overtop every face in the calendar. It was hilarious. Another year he did the same thing, but it was full of bikini-clad babes and he pasted MY face (my red, blotchy face) over all the faces. That one was too funny and made us laugh all year long.

Last year he bought an outhouse calendar for our newly renovated bathroom. I was reluctant to hang it up there, but it ended up being a rather nice calendar, and had a thoughtful quote on each page.

He's too sick this year to go on his annual calendar hunt, so I don't know what we'll do. I'll still get him one, but will probably just use one of the many (beautiful) free ones that come to our door. We get some spectacular ones, so there's really no need to go out and buy one.

I'm going to miss my "brother's choice" though. (Those are the agonizing little things about his cancer that take my breath away.)

Edited by Eagle Heart (11/15/06 04:05 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#95192 - 11/15/06 06:22 PM Re: 2007 calendar [Re: Eagle Heart]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Every year my husband creates a calendar for his Reef Tank forum. http://www.thereeftank.com He accepts pictures all year as entries and then chooses the best ones for the calendar. Some of these pictures are awesome of the fish, coral, and such in people's saltwater reef tanks. He usually puts four pictures on a month. It turns out beautiful.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#95193 - 11/15/06 07:37 PM Re: 2007 calendar [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I had Anne Geddes last year and will probably have another one for 2007 although there are so many beautiful ones out for next year. The charity calendars are quite good as well.

#95194 - 11/15/06 09:32 PM Re: 2007 calendar [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I know you all aren't gonna believe this....but I usually have an Elvis calendar. Along with that I normally have a calendar of BOXERS, in honor of Trixie, and sometimes, I venture out and have one of either "old cards" or "Norman Rockwell."

#95195 - 11/15/06 09:46 PM Re: 2007 calendar [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm a the Far Side kind of girl...I've seen them all but I still laugh...need a laugh every day!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved