The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#94623 - 11/09/06 03:10 PM Cleavage after 50
von62653 Offline
stranger

Loc: South Florida
Hi Ladies,

I'm inviting you to my blog at boomerbabe1953@blogspot.com to read my latest post. I'd love your opinions about women after 50 showing their cleavage.

Thanks!

#94624 - 11/09/06 03:12 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: von62653]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Vonnie, this takes me to your email addy.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94625 - 11/09/06 03:21 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
How much cleavage are you talking about? A descreet peek or a deep plunge? And, there's a difference between daytime cleavage and nighttime cleavage. Nighttime is more acceptable. Daytime is just scary if it's a deep plunge. And, the older a woman gets the deeper the plunge, right? Those puppies aren't sitting perky anymore; they're sagging and no one wants to see that. Just my opinion. :-)
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#94626 - 11/09/06 03:32 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
hmmm, the mystery of the missing boob blog.

Edited by Hannelore (11/09/06 03:34 PM)

#94627 - 11/09/06 06:04 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Edelweiss]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Some of us would have cleavage (or not) all the way down to our belly buttons. Not a pretty sight.

The mystery of the missing boob blog - there's got be some fun for us in there somewhere...I say we bring Chips and dip while we contemplate where to go with this from here...

(Maya Angelou)

#94628 - 11/09/06 06:42 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: von62653]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Hmmm...cleavage after 50? I'm no fan of the turtleneck, but I'm no Wonder Bra, push-up, push-in, push-out, fan either. (Think crepe-y breast skin, squeezed up, in, and out, and visible? Not a pretty sight!)Give me some support, that doesn't make me look rather ridiculous, and doesn't block my view of my feet! Let's face it, 50 years of gravity takes a toll on a body!

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#94629 - 11/09/06 06:55 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Jeannine]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Jeannine, I have ALWAYS been able to see my toes. Not enough here to block the view!! (Cleavage, what's cleavage?)

But your description is perfect - that crepe paper look from all the summer tanning we did as teens, huh?

#94630 - 11/09/06 07:15 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Too funny, Hannelore!!!

Are we talking here about the "drop a coin in it'll rust variety"? Don't have one of those. I have a cleavage on the chin though. That count? Cleft!!! Silly me.

#94631 - 11/09/06 08:45 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Lola]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Crepe paper skin! That is too funny and so true! LOL! Jeannine, I agree with Rick & June, that is the perfect description!

#94632 - 11/09/06 09:18 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Cookie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I use to have some great daytime cleavage but the nightime cleavage was to die for, opened so many doors for me, so to speak.....Now, cleavage, WHAT CLEAVAGE??? There is a flat highway now where there use to be clevage. And I have instead some strange puffy things, one under each arm, well nearly under....What was they question again????

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94633 - 11/09/06 11:25 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I try to avoid my cleavage but it's everywhere. It's even places it's not supposed to be and not in a good way.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#94634 - 11/10/06 02:52 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Saundra]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I love my cleavage after 50. When I was 48 I had breast cancer, and had to have bilateral mastectomies. I had reconstruction surgery. It took 5 surgeries to cut the cancer and rebuild the anatomy. Of course, I'm not real (saline implants) but I have cleavage like I had at 15. It's funny. I hated my breasts when I was 13, 14, 15 because I was a 34 D, and Twiggy was the "it" girl. I always had to wear a bra, could not run for my life lest the breasts fly up and hit me in the chin, and got more stares and whistles than I ever ever wanted. Then, when I was facing mastectomy, I grieved before -hand the loss of the breasts. You see, the bigger they are, the harder they fall, and mine fell to my knees. My plastic surgeon could not wait to get her hands on my old breasts and give me new ones. I said I did not want to be bigger or smaller than before; I just wanted to be in the right place. For the first time in my life I can go without a bra. So, I'm happy now that I have cleavage in all the right places. Except now I need to get my butt back to its proper position, and my NECK is beginning to scare me with its creepiness!

#94635 - 11/10/06 11:38 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
You look so petite, Lynnie. Hard to imagine you with a size D. Now you don't need a bra? Well that's every women's dream.
As a young woman, I was pretty flat chested. Now I'm twice as big. Has something run a muck here?
I could never understand any woman wanting to enlarge their breasts. I loved having "less". It's more comfortable, and I think the sleek look is classier.
Sigh, those were the days my friends .

#94636 - 11/11/06 02:12 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Edelweiss]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I am small boned and about 5 feet 4 inches. My large chest was quite obvious. I don't think one look is "classier" than another. We have to embrace our bodies. I was taught that lesson in a big way while going through cancer. My mother is 5 feet tall. She was a 34 DD. By the time I was 13, I was borrowing her bras because I was too self-conscious to buy my own, and too embarrassed for her to go shopping with me (a teen thing.) She lost a breast to cancer, as did my grandmother, and neither chose reconstruction. I remember when I was in my early 20s and some guy in the office said to me "When you got it, flaunt it." I was so embarrassed. Today, his comment would be considered sexual harassment. Those days, I would have preferred a figure like Peggy Lipton, or Farah Fawcett, or Jackie Kennedy, Olivia Newton-John. Oh how I envied their figures. Oh, another thing: Ds were hard to come by. I would go to Pennys in the 70s and they would sell up to 34 C. Nowadays, it's easier to get bras in D cups because there is so much enhancement. One recent year, 41 of the 51 Miss America contestants had had implants. Anyway, cleavage or not, I think we should do what is most comfortable and authentic for us, no matter our breast size!

#94637 - 11/12/06 12:48 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I agree with Lynnie. Do what is comfortable and what makes you feel great. I am small breasted, but have that wrinkly cleavage thing going on. So what? If I want to wear a low cut blouse or dress, and someone sees a few wrinkles, I don't mind. And then, somedays, I like to wear a turtleneck.

I am going to be proud of what my body looks like, no matter the wrinkles or the dimples. I do try to take care of my looks, but won't let wrinkels dictate what I hide and what I show. At least, I am not ready yet.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#94638 - 11/12/06 03:13 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I don't have the "wrinkles" unless I shove my breast together, toward the middle. David always tells me when I'm wearing something a little low cut to be aware that men stare and how I always get upset when they do so I'm basically setting myself up if I do wear it. I don't have many low cut tops. It's too cold here anyway! Frozen boobs.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94639 - 11/12/06 09:23 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I agree with doing what makes you feel good.

Did any of you nurse? I have friends who complained that they lost their boobs when they finished nursing. Funny thing. I didn't. Mine got bigger. That, and the twenty pounds I've gained through the years has added to my chest. What fun.

#94640 - 11/12/06 09:26 PM Re: Cleavage after 50
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Don't know about that Dots, but Jane's a nurse, we could ask her. What? What did I miss?

#94641 - 11/14/06 02:53 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Joan Rivers says she has to hem her nipples every morning so she doesn't trip on them.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94642 - 11/14/06 03:36 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Dotsie, I nursed both my kids and it didn't affect my boob-style at all. I've never been the perky, uplifted type anyway - my best friend has those and didn't nurse because she didn't want to lose that. I felt nursing was more important that what my boobs looked like in 20 years.

#94643 - 11/14/06 07:51 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kathy, I totally agree with you. That wasn't even a consideration for me.

#94644 - 11/15/06 12:15 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: chatty lady]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Like my good friend Kathy, I surely wish I had some cleavage to show!! I read somewhere where your breasts get larger as you age so my question is, how OLD do I have to get before I see some results????? By then they will probably be drooping down to my knees!

Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
http://www.talk2bev.com

#94646 - 11/16/06 03:21 AM Re: Cleavage after 50
von62653 Offline
stranger

Gee Guys - sorry I brought it up.

#94647 - 11/16/06 03:54 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: von62653]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

I think it made for some interesting conversation. But I'm beginning to worry about how much you guys know about me..... You know about my boobs, you know about my winter coat, oh my, what's next??

Kathy

#94648 - 11/16/06 11:03 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Tell me about your shoes. That's my only interest!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94649 - 11/17/06 01:47 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

My shoes? You mean the 25 or so pair in my closet that never seem to be the right ones on any particular day?

I'm not a shoe freak, but I do seem to accumulate them. I wish I had the nerve to wear some of the brightly colored ones that I see in the stores.

Tell us about yours Dianne... I suspect you are a shoe maven!

Kathy

#94650 - 11/17/06 01:51 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

They don't call me Ms. Cleaver for nothing...no wait, that's Ms. Cleavage....teehee...and yes, they get bigger, (like I needed that?) and yes, they sag, drag, and bag...and yes, when men flirt with me now, it appears they have a knee fetish because that is where the bad boys hang to.

What?

#94651 - 11/18/06 10:17 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
von62653 Offline
stranger

You guys are too funny!! I haven't checked this thread in a couple of days so I was surprised at all the great posts.

My answer is closest to Diane's. They don't wrinkle unless I push them together to create cleavage so I try not to do that. If I'm wearing V-neck sweater and I cross my arms in front of me the yucky wrinkles show up. But, I have a hard time remembering not to cross my arms!!

Since I've gotten older, I'm not so touchy about guys looking at my boobs. In fact, with all the young chicks around I wanna yell out - hey I'm still perky!! Kinda.

#94652 - 11/18/06 10:26 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Princess Lenora]
von62653 Offline
stranger

Lynnie - that's the best breast cancer survivor story I've ever heard - you go girl!!

#94653 - 04/16/07 05:44 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: von62653]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
I just read through this and wondered if anyone has had a boob job or know anyone that has. Mine have always been small but are droopy after breast feeding three children to over a year in age.
I have toyed with the idea of having plastic surgery but there are so many mixed messages out there. Hundreds of thousands of women have this surgery but then you hear the stories about how they make some women sick, you have to keep replacing them over the years etc.
I would love to hear from women who have personal knowledge thanks.

Kate

#94655 - 04/17/07 02:59 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: katebcca]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Like someone else said last year (jeez, old topics dug up like gold..), what cleavage...I've always been able to see my feet.

I actually never quite understood why women would want to tan their chest area much at all since the skin there is more fragile.

There is something to be said for gals, who are a bit more conservative and don't show any/much cleavage....abit of modesty helps in....chest skin preservation. I'm one of them, even in my fittest years (not this year) I never wore strappy tank tops, crop tops, athletic bra-like tank tops.

Ladies, remember when you get old and need care...just remember your bra size,ok? My partner's mom (92) forgot hers....she told her son... the wrong bra size..I think she got mixed up with his chest size!!!!! I kept ranting abit how wrong she must be, while we were in the lingerie store dept. helping him choose a bra that she needed.

Way too big on a little woman of 5'2" in height. Oh well, he figures she needs a good laugh. He is more than willing to exchange it for right size after he confronts her with reality of remembering the wrong info.

#94656 - 04/17/07 03:45 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: katebcca]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Might as well put my two....er...cents worth in.. Lets just put it this way, I'm a bit shy, or at least appear to be that way, but mine are the ripe melons, strawberry tipped, perky puppy type written of in cheezey romance novels.

Playboy Bunnys move over and cover themselves in shame when I walk into the room. I can't see my toes unless I hold my feet out and my husband has a nude photo of me chest up as background on his cell phone wearing a black leather jacket a v shaped sterling silver necklace that dips just right between and a grin.

No bags, sags, wrinkles, loops, droops, or tripping hazards. Yep, I'm blessed that way, and I did breast feed my girls. Just good genes, I guess.

#94657 - 04/17/07 01:41 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: NewLeaf]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I just read that sleeping on your side at night can also cause the lines between your boobs.

My sister had a breast lift but not a boob job. They (press) tried to blame the implants on a lot of sickness but found out none of it was true. Other than that, I don't know much about it.

If I wasn't such a chicken about pain, I'd have a reduction. Not that I'm that big (36 C) but I'd like to wear some of these little tops and can't. All of my blouses gap unless I get a larger size and then, they don't fit elsewhere.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94658 - 04/17/07 01:56 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Let's see, I sleep on my stomach, so maybe that is why my boobs now live somewhere in my arm pits. But what I can't understand, is how these two boobs, the size of china tea cups, can sag so much.

#94659 - 04/17/07 05:28 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Interesting question...have a friend that has "fixed" her breasts..she is 60 this year...what do you think of that??? Anyone??? She looks fine to me, I might add.. Natural cleavage gets wrinkly sort of..the lower down you go..but a hint doesn´t matter..does it??? whatever makes you feel good??? AND do we have to HIDE ourselves because we are getting old and wrinkly??? Just wondering.. isn´t life too short???? lots of love!!!! (also hitting 60 this year)

#94660 - 04/17/07 09:15 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: humlan]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Anno...too funny!!!

I don't care about showing my cleavage anymore. It's just not important to me to have men staring at my chest and they will, regardless of your age. I want to be acknowledged for my spiritual aspect and the woman I've become. Boobs get you nowhere unless you thrive on that kind of attention...wrinkles or not.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94661 - 04/17/07 09:30 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'd be happy to be able to hold them up enough to show the cleavage. It's been a while.

#94662 - 04/17/07 09:47 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Louisa]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Kate...

From a medical standpoint I believe that augmentation is a safe procedure now. I have had nurse friends who have had the procedure done in the last few years and have been pleased with the results. One thing to consider is that you may need a 'lift' as well as implants to have the breasts actually in the correct location after the surgery. They tighten the muscles supporting the breasts. I think this makes the recovery a bit more painful but gives a much nicer result. Be sure and ask about that.

I don't know anything about the procedure in Canada, but in the states, I would seek out a very reputable plastic surgeon and talk with women who have used him. You may be able to check out his 'track record' with your local medical board.

Any surgical procedure carries real risk, from anesthesia to infection to just didn't turn out the way you wanted it to to faulty implants. You are the only one who can weigh the risks and the benefits and make that decision.

Good luck!

#94663 - 04/17/07 10:07 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Jane_Carroll]
katebcca Offline

Thanks Jane, that's the info I was looking for. I have done alot of research on the Internet, looked at before and after photos etc. I understand about the risks and have taken that into consideration. Also, that they may not look the way you want them to and then it's too late. I have seen some bad jobs out there in photos.
It's something I've been thinking about but not to the point of actually going for a consultation. Not a decision to be taken lightly.
Kate

#94664 - 04/18/07 01:56 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: katebcca]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
People never seem to talk much about this or even consider it, but I've heard that the surgery decreases nipple sensation. Pleasure for the onlooker, but not for the possessor. Not worth it, in my opinion.

#94665 - 04/18/07 04:42 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: DJ]
katebcca Offline

I heard that about the sensation part too. Part of me thinks this is all so silly. I could send the money I'd spend to Africa or to a charity where I live. It is all so superficial. But then.....
I think I'm starting to think about the surgery because my boyfriend likes large breasts, or at least I think he does.
He commented a while back on my friends boobs and said what happened to her she sure has grown in that department. We all hadn't seen each other since high school and she was really skinny back then and had no boobs. His comments then upset me and made me feel less in that department. When we dated in high school I had less than I do now and he didn't seem to mind then. We have recently (two years ago) reconnected. Funnily enough after I posted this yesterday he called. I was talking about someone we both know and she just had botox. Then we started talking about other types of surgery that people have. He said maybe we should get you some plastic bags to make your boobs bigger. I just said hmmmm and then he said " Can you imagine how they would feel, that seems so gross" I don't know whether he really meant that because I didn't say anything, or if he really does think they are gross.
Kate

#94666 - 04/18/07 05:07 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: katebcca]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

My sister lost sensation after her lift so it's true.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94667 - 04/18/07 06:46 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Dianne]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
katebcca -- I get angry when I hear that guys talk like this to their women. He wouldn't like it if you compared his penis with those of other men. And maybe he 's feeling insecurie in that department? I'd dump a man who talked to me that way because it's so disrepectful and indicates someone very immature who doesn't know the first thing about how to relate to a woman as a human being.

#94668 - 04/18/07 07:16 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: DJ]
katebcca Offline

I understand your point of view. He is a kidder and I have some insecurities around my size. I'd feel the same way as you if I read what I wrote. In the two years that we have been together there have only been maybe three comments, the first one about my friend which I posted about. He was commenting on how big she was as she was so skinny in high school. He is kind of a jock and a gym rat. He talks about shape and sizes a fair bit as he trains people. He knew I didn't like that comment though and never brought it up again. I tend to bring the subject up due to my insecurities. If he talked about it all the time or stared at other womens bodies or talked about them I would dump him, but he doesn't.
We've been on this plastic surgery discussion a few times now because some of my friends are having things done and I bring it up in conversation.
When I posted before the advice was, he loves you, if he wanted to be with a larger chested women he would not be dating you. I think sometimes he just says things without thinking. Not trying to make excuses for him.
In other areas he is kind, considerate, giving, generous and is there for me in so many ways so I don't want to dump him.
Because of my insecurties I take things the wrong way sometimes, or too seriously so I was wondering if he was serious about breast implants being gross or just trying to find out what I thought about them.
I read an article in Oprah where she interviewed men on the subject and most of them said they didn't like them and preferred the real thing.
Kate

#94669 - 04/19/07 02:22 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: katebcca]
NewLeaf Offline

I guess my question is, why does it seem that people think in extremes? Why can't a woman be a tomboy/siren, a vamp one day with makeup and jewelry and cleavage and high heels and flirting away the next? Why can't we get down and dirty and talk like a drunk sailor and be drunk like a sailor if we want to? Why can't we mud wrestle and roller blade and then wear a formal to a Mardi Gras ball?

We don't have to be divided into two camps, the "au natuarale's" and the "Marilyn Monroe's". We can all dredge up men who prefer our particular tastes to someone elses...after all most men are goober heads anyway.

I certainly have my own preferences where men are concerned..I couldn't be with a man with a small penis. Just couldn't, I don't care how smart and sophisticated he is or how much in touch he is with his feminine side or whatever. Its not impossible to find a great man with a great penis and a pocket full of money.

#94670 - 04/19/07 03:35 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: NewLeaf]
katebcca Offline

Women can be whatever they want, that's the great thing about being a woman. We can dress in so many ways depending on the occasion.

So your saying you can't be with a man with a small penis? That's your personal choice. I guess some guys can't be with women with small breasts either unless they get plastic surgery. That's kind of my point. I think my boyfriend adores me, he acts that way at least. Because he has made a few teasing comments about my breast size, I detect that he would prefer I had larger breasts but he is over looking that. He's never come right out and said anything, just teases. I can't figure it out, or decide whether I'm over reacting about it. On one hand it may be just teasing as he knows I can't really do anything about it (other than surgery) It's weird though as I'm over weight and he is very supportive around that. He keeps saying your fine, just keep exercising and eating right, it's not the size that counts, you just want to be healthy. I'm confused and am starting to question myself so.....
I will get to the point where I will come right out and ask him as it's starting to bug me.
Kate
(I think I've gone off the topic "cleavage" so may post in another area)

#94671 - 04/19/07 03:43 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: katebcca]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Kate,

I think talking with him directly is absolutely the best thing to do...he sounds like he really cares about you...and I bet he'll be supportive of your insecurities as well...good luck...

#94672 - 04/19/07 04:04 AM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: Jane_Carroll]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Well, kate lost in abit in all this, is remembering what your partner finds still sexy about you now..

Instead of focusing small boobs (me), I just prefer to work at still being able to see my feet over my stomache. Figure it's a better focus on my health instead.

#94673 - 04/19/07 12:13 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

Sounds like he loves you, Kate. Maybe HE is the one who is insecure. I've hung out at the gym a lot myself and come to the conclusion, myself included, that most of the people who are "gym rats" as someone else put it, are basically insecure people.

They are never satisfied with their bodies and feel the need to improve and are very critical of other people's bodies. They need the adrenaline rush or the seretonin rush they get from the workout and if they don't get to work out, they are cranky all day and feel like they've missed an integral part of their day.

Where I would be careful and keep my antenna's up is if he starts to put you down to make himself feel better or starts to compare you to other women.

Sounds like you're just right. I wouldn't feel anything but good about myself and just watch his feet. His lips are moving but what are his feet doing? Does he continue to be supportive and loving and caring? I wouldn't worry too much about it. Whatever happens, happens.

#94674 - 04/19/07 04:36 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: NewLeaf]
katebcca Offline

Thanks, I think I've high-jacked this post from showing off cleavage (which I don't have) to small boobs :-)
He does not put me down ever, and does not compare me to other women. He's very supportive in my getting fit for health purposes. But, he is a guy and a jock at that and knows every muscle name, bone etc. He's a former professional football player and has been working out since he was a teenager. I'm not sure if the insecurity is mine or his. I think my antenna goes up when he mentions my chest.

He buys me lingerie and at Christmas bought me a size to big in that area. He teased me and said, oh, your only a 'B' I thought you were a 'C', he knows my size. (the top just said large, no cup size) I have heard women complain that their significant others buy them lingerie to small (maybe wishful thinking) so I guess it may be the same thing. As I said, he has made mention of my size in a teasing way a few times in the two years that we have been going out. I think it's me that makes a big deal of it. I wish he would not say anything though. Maybe I send off signals to him that I'm insecure about it, who knows.

You are right about the insecurity in gym rats. He is a perfectionist, his muscle tone is slipping (he's 49) and he is used to being buff.(muscular) He has gained some weight as well and is not happy about that. Although he works out, he also eats out alot and likes rich food. I tease him about that so maybe he's just giving it back.

Communication is the key to any good relationship and we both know that. So, if it continues to bug me or comes up again I will talk to him about it.

Now, back to showing off cleavage, if you've got it flaunt it :-)
Kate

#94675 - 04/20/07 05:55 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: katebcca]
WhatStopsYou Offline
stranger

After the 4th kid, my boobs looked like tubes. Got them fixed and have loved it ever since. I even nursed my 5th child with not problems. That was 18 years ago and all is well. Get a great doc and get at least three bids...let us know!!!

Cheers,
Darlene
Best Selling Author Darlene Braden; My gift to you: 365 Weght Loss, Daily Email Tips for success, http://www.whatstopsyou.com/365tips.html and Body Assessment e-Book http://www.whatstopsyou.com/balanced-body.html

#94676 - 04/20/07 09:38 PM Re: Cleavage after 50 [Re: WhatStopsYou]
katebcca Offline

My biggest worry is that I will die on the operating table leaving my kids orphans for my vanity. Is that dumb, I'm not sure, but I would hate for that to happen.
Wow, 18 years ago. Things have really changed since then.
If you go on the Internet there are many doctors and choices, before and after shots etc. but there are also loads of pages scaring you into not doing it.
I know of a great surgeon in my town. He worked on my hand when I had third degree burns from an accident. I'm tempted to go see him but am also holding myself back for a few reasons. Fear and cost is a big one as well.
Kate

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved