The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 113 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#92970 - 10/24/06 03:14 AM Coaches
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi Ladies,

There are so many things that I want to do, but I don't have any clear picture of getting things together. It is said that if you do what you love, the rest will follow. Figure out what you wanted as a child. Pay attention what section you always feel drawn to when you are in a store.

I just see conflicting things when I do this. What I would love to do has alot to do with traveling. When I was a little girl in Rhodes, I would see the tourists and I said that I wanted to be a tourist when I grew up. I love travel and the excitement of exploring. I even get excited if it's a one day trip. I just can't think of anything to do about it as far as going that direction without going broke. I have been interested in the travel industries but do not know what to do.

My question would be. Would it benefit me to go to a coach? If so, any recommendations? I know we have several here at BWS.

Anyway, I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for N. VA. My dad has another round of chemotherapy on Wednesday. I am going to bring my laptop and hopefully I can be on the internet more often. If I am not going to be able access the net with my laptop, I will use my dad's computer, at least every other day.

I am looking forward to hearing yor answers.

I just started reading, "Defying Gravity" by Prill Broyle, and am enjoying it very much. I suppose that is what motivated me to ask all this.

I love you all alot!

Cheers and Hugs,
Cathi

#92971 - 10/24/06 08:26 AM Re: Coaches [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wishing your dad the very best and a fast and complete recovery....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92972 - 10/24/06 11:39 AM Re: Coaches [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, you are such a dedicated daughter. Enjoy your time with your parents. I'm praying your dad is soon in remission.

I think working with a coach is a great idea. I know there are several who are members of the NABBW. I would be very careful while choosing one. Most seem to offer a free introduction which allows you to decide whether you click with the coach. I think it's simmilar to working with a therapist or doctor. You must have faith in them and their abilities to help you pinpoint your passion.

#92973 - 10/24/06 02:04 PM Re: Coaches
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Hi Cathi

Dotsie is right - do some research, think about what areas you want coaching in, find a coach you feel you can click with.

You might be interested in this article on choosing a coach:

http://hffo.cuna.org/14953/article/733/html

Hope your dad is feeling better much soon.

~Eveline
My Blog: www.ebenezerscribe.blogspot.com

#92974 - 10/25/06 07:16 PM Re: Coaches [Re: Evie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hi Cathi

Coaching is a wonderful experience and I have personally grown so much through working with my own coaches. I highly recommend the process.

I suggest contacting a few coaches and talking with them about how they work and ask for a mini-coaching session around a small, yet hot topic for you. This way you get a sense of if the two of you are a good fit. The coach will be able to tell if you are a client that is a good fit also.

Good luck with your dad.

Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#92975 - 10/27/06 08:41 PM Re: Coaches [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cathi,

I have had great experiences working with coaches as well and enjoy the process so much that I became one!

Definitely have some free introductory sessions to see how you work with the person before you make a final decision. Good coaches will guide you in discovering your own answers rather than pushing you in their 'direction'.

Good luck. I know you'll find a great one!

#92976 - 10/28/06 12:32 PM Re: Coaches [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Quote:

Cathi,

Good coaches will guide you in discovering your own answers rather than pushing you in their 'direction'.

Excellent observation. I've thoght about wishy-washy people who end up doing what their coaches want them to do.

Good luck. I know you'll find a great one!

#92977 - 10/28/06 02:07 PM Re: Coaches
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Good coaches will guide you

Absolutely. Watch for a coach that has an agenda for you. Always look for a coach that encourages you to find the answer that is already inside. A good coach should only facilitate your thinking, organize your thoughts and allow you to think deeper and come up with those hidden answers.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#92978 - 11/11/06 08:43 AM Re: Coaches [Re: Anno]
positiveliving Offline

Loc: Wiltshire, UK
Why not try self coaching?

My book 'Let Your Spirit Into Your Life' is a self coaching book from a Spiritual perspective. It shows you how to be your own coach because you are the one with all the answers.

Just a thought!

Feel free to get in touch if you want any help!

'because life is not about the challenge' ?
www.positivelivingprogramme.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved