The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#91890 - 10/22/06 11:31 PM Re: skin care? [Re: flossie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Flossie, I'm so grateful that you take the time and care to use 'good quality products' to keep your 'skin well moisturized.' I live in the Southeast and many women don't take the good care (and common sense) that you do so carefully. I know of a woman who 'bakes' herself! Literally, tans to the point that she looks like burnt toast and her face is sunken and all facial lines are very noticeable. I liken her skin to a 10-year old Fossil purse! She also cleans constantly, thus she may have some type of phobia. Funny tho as she wears leopard print sun dresses and heals to attend to her yard work!

#91891 - 10/23/06 01:06 AM Re: skin care? [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Flossie it sounds like maybe the sun has baked her brain a little to long, LOL

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#91893 - 10/23/06 08:05 PM Re: skin care? [Re: ]
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
It's only a 10 minute session too. I do it every week after yoga and it's like 10 minutes of relaxation.

#91894 - 10/24/06 12:38 PM Re: skin care? [Re: flossie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
von, email me and I'll get you all set up. dots@boomerwomenspeak.com

flossie, it sounds good to me.

mustang, your baked friend sounds like a real character. I can't imagine gardening in heals and a dress. Does she bend over?

#91895 - 11/01/06 10:50 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I saw a tip on a TV show and tried it. Disolve an aspirin in a tiny bit of water to make a paste and put it on the bad spots. I tried it and it works. Aspirin has the same medicine in it those expensive medications have. Very cool!
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#91896 - 11/02/06 12:04 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Saundra]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Saindra, by 'bad' spot do you mean age spot, acne spot or wrinkled spot?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#91897 - 11/02/06 12:10 AM Re: skin care? [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Good question. They're all bad spots. Any kind of eruption or irritation (red,white, black). If it helps something else, let me know.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#91898 - 11/02/06 07:54 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Saundra]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Saundra you have probably been to a dermatologist, right? Sounds to me like you may have an alergy. I've broken out from the most expensive skin creams. I found the home natural remedies to be the best.
The last month I've been waking up looking like I'm 10 years older. My eyes are all puffy and deep wrinkles are around them. It takes about an hour and then they get normal again. Yikes! I've been trying to avoid mirrors, but does anyone have any better idea?

#91899 - 11/02/06 12:02 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Didn't boonierose say cucumbers work for the eyes?

Hannelore, I know what you're talking about. I haven't been sleeping well because of the pain in my knee. I've noticed my right eyelid is droopy when I first awaken. Ew. But I don't have time to put cucumbers on my eyes so I live with it. Just another part of the lovely aging process. I figure it could be worse.

Your eyes are beautiful. I"m sure the big brown eyes still look great! You're probably used to perfection!

#91900 - 11/02/06 01:49 PM Re: skin care?
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dotsie, that's awful that you still have pain. How is the physical therapy coming along? Maybe the more you're able to move your knee the less pain you will have. Could be that the joint is just stiff. Gee, I have no idea what I'm talking about, but oddly enough my instincts, as far as medical problems go, have usually been correct. At least that's what my Mom says.
Thank you for your sweet compliment. but believe me, I've had that droopy eye look too. Why does that look so cute on dogs and so bad on humans?... woof?

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved