The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#91869 - 10/17/06 09:30 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
DH's Olde Fashioned pine tar soap! it's the BEST soap...i use it after i use all my girly-girl soap, of course. you are Spic 'n Span after his pine tar soap!!! Squeaky clean!

Note: Pine tar is a natural antiseptic...great for all kinds of skin including those who have psoriasis, eczema, dandruff and other skin irritations.

#91870 - 10/18/06 12:29 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Di]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Mustang wrote "I need something expensive for my neck, any recommendations?" Well, I would have a neck lift before a face lift. My neck is a wreck. Unfortunately, there is nothing INexpensive for the neck. I used to use a thick cream from Avon, but it did nothing for creases, wrinkles, and sagging.

#91871 - 10/18/06 02:02 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I have been wondering about a neck lift too. I see so many women on tv with tight faces, and really wrinkly faces. I thought maybe neck lifts were not possible. Like to know more.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#91872 - 10/18/06 06:12 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Lynnie and Anno: Now that's precisely the reason I had asked earlier if anyone is familiar with Derma Wand. Check out the link.

www.dermawand.com

#91873 - 10/18/06 05:49 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How about turtlenecks? That might be a cheaper way to go!

I just read I Fell Bad About My Neck, by Nora Ephron. I was attracted to it because it sounded like a boomer book. Nora is the gal who brought us When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail. Anyway, her photo on the back cover shows her with a black turtleneck, pulling the neck up to her nose. It's priceless!

#91874 - 10/18/06 07:13 PM Re: skin care?
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I just saw her on a talk show discussing her book. It's on my next Amazon booklist shopping spree. She cracks me up and can't wait to hear her take on aging.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#91875 - 10/19/06 12:40 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I use Avon product and Oatmeal body lotion on my neck and my neck looks real smooth to me . My long swan neck Oh, to have and Audrey Hepburn neck . Figure also . I loved her

#91876 - 10/19/06 01:11 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Sadie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ooops, sorry, I meant to say inexpensive. Avon did make a Vitamin E cream, which has since been discontinued.

#91877 - 10/19/06 01:21 PM Re: skin care? [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
It's amazing to see that almost all of us use different products. The olive oil was one of the only things mentioned more than once and I've never used it. I've used olive oil soap once because it was recommended in these forums. What do you do with the olive oil? Do you use it full strength?

I use Arbonne and absolutely love it. I buy it from Danita. I guess I should begin using it on my neck too.

Oh, and tanning was mentioned a couple times. I know women who tan and their faces always look so healthy. I'm jsut worried about the premature wrinkling that goea with it...and skin cancer. Those of you who tan, do you worry about that? I would definitely tan a little in the off-season if I wasn't afraid of those two things.

#91878 - 10/19/06 07:32 PM Re: skin care?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Wow, how did I miss this subject? Mustang, about the vitamin E creme. I just buy some vitamin E capsules. I take whatever creme I am using and pour the Vitamin E capsules in the creme, about 5 of them. Then I mix it together. It really works.

I use to be one of those dreaded cosmetics sales people, LOL. I worked for various brands, Color Me Beautiful, Lancome, and the longest was with Estee Lauder. I tried my hand at Mary Kay and it wasn't for me. The career opportunity, not the products, they are wonderful. Anyway, when I first sold cosmetics, one of the things I was taught about the neck was, it gets treated just as harsh and with the same neglect as the feet.

For the feet, I put Extra Emolient Night Creme from Mary Kay when my feet are still a bit damp. Then I put on a pair of socks. I have a fungus problem (yuck) and when it flares up, I will use vicks vapor rub. It actually feels good.

I am still looking for something for the jaws. They are a bit droopy. I am afraid the only thing that will help is plastic surgery. I am not willing to go that far, LOL.

Cheers,
Cathi

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved