The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#91857 - 10/15/06 02:58 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Anno: You might want to find out more from Crosstitch as I think she posted something on Strivectin. I cannot backtrack to refresh on the post as I'll lose this post.

#91858 - 10/15/06 03:01 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Yep, Anno. I've just double checked. It was the post before Browser's.

#91859 - 10/15/06 06:49 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Lola]
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Very interesting how we are all using relatively inexpensive and obscure products, no one has mentioned the big expensive brands like Estée Lauder, Elizabeth Arden etc

#91861 - 10/15/06 11:07 PM Re: skin care? [Re: ]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Yes it was me that posted about Strivectin and yes it's expensive (about $135 I think) but the tube is HUGE and it lasts a long long time.....you only use a small dab at a time. One tube lasts me almost a year. One of the places that sells it is Ulta, and if you have one near you and sign up with them you can get coupons that you can use on anything in the store. including Strivectin. Or they sell it in some of the department stores like Belk's, maybe at Macy's, Dillards, places like that. I think it's worth the money, because it works for me. I tried it at a friend's recommendation and was very pleased with the results. I've been using it for a couple of years now.
As for the other expensive brands......I used to use something from the Estee Lauder line, can't remember the exact name.......something like Daytime Refresher. It cost almost as much as Strivectin and came in a much smaller bottle (that was before Strivectin came out). It was a lot like the Olay Rejuvinating serum.......really left your skin feeling smooth, a great base before putting on make-up (which is why I like using the Olay Rejuvinating serum in the daytime, and the Strivectin at night. Both work well and this system seems to work great for me).
BTW Strivectin has added some products to their line.....a hand cream, a product for under-eye circles, and an eye cream. The only other product I tried was the eye cream. It was also expensive, and I didn't think the results were that great......less expensive eye creams (the Loreal retinol eye cream I mentioned above for instance, or the Olay Rejuvinating eye serum) seemed to have better results for less money in my case. But as far as Strivectin......I love it and plan on continuing to use it! My opinion is that it's worth the cost.

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (10/15/06 11:08 PM)

#91862 - 10/16/06 09:39 PM Re: skin care? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
This is a great thread. There are so many products out there with so many promises and who knows what is the truth.

Thanks, crosstitch, Next time I am at Ulta, I will make the purchase.

Question - anyone out there with dry, cracked feet? What do you use?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#91863 - 10/16/06 09:45 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've been using coconut oil and shea butter. I cover my feet with socks afterward so I don't slide out of bed. It's helping.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#91864 - 10/16/06 11:24 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Dianne]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Here's what the Indian women where I come from swear by. And it's cheap.

They go to the dollar store and buy a bottle of baby lotion, a small bottle of olive oil, and a bottle of vitamin E oil. They go to the baby department at Walmart and buy a tube of vitamin A&D ointment. They put it all together in a bowl and mix it up with a mixer and they put it into pretty pink jars and give a jar to all the women in the family.

My Mom who has great skin has used nothing but Elizabeth Arden my whole life, but recently they stopped making her favorite product so my aunt gave her some of the homemade stuff and she loves it.

I tried it and it's better than some of the very expensive creams I've tried. A little greasy when you first put it on, but it feels good and the next morning, your skin is so soft and looks great.

smile

#91865 - 10/16/06 11:32 PM Re: skin care? [Re: smilinize]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I recently went to a podiatrist for the first time for a problem with a toe. He told me to buy some stuff called Aquaphor ointment (it looks a lot like vaseline and is made by same company that makes Eucerin skin lotions) and put in between my two toes where the problem was every night. I've been putting it all over my feet when I go to bed and then putting on socks and sleeping with the socks on. It is really helping my feet feel soft and smooth. It's available at any drugstore and I also found it at K-Mart.

Edited by CrosstitchQueen (10/16/06 11:33 PM)

#91866 - 10/17/06 02:21 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Neutrogena facial cleaning products and toner are great for my oily skin, yet can't use heavy creams. After much testing, I discovered Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum, and although expensive, it works best for my skin at night (also use during the day in winter when air is dry).

I need something expensive for my neck, any recommendations?

#91867 - 10/17/06 02:45 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Eagle Heart]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Glad you found something that works, Eagle. But as far as the best price, have you tried eBay? I've gotten tons of Avon stuff there for half the price - NEW items sold by Avon ladies! Perhaps you can get better prices for your needs too.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved