The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#91847 - 10/14/06 07:56 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I use New Zealand made natural products called Trilogy. And a wonderful oil at night (also NZ made, by Living Nature) called Rose and Herb Radiance Oil. It's little bit expensive but lasts for ages.

http://www.trilogyproducts.com/main.asp

https://www.livingnature.com/

#91848 - 10/14/06 08:20 PM Re: skin care? [Re: flossie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Don't laugh too hard, Dianne. That causes wrinkles, too!

I knew a woman that never smiled because she didn't want laugh lines or eye brow creases. I did not hang around with her, too much. Sooooo boring.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#91849 - 10/14/06 08:45 PM Re: skin care? [Re: ]
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Quote:

I use Dr. Bonner's peppermint soap, and visit a suntan booth every two to three weeks (during the rainy season only). Also some conditioners for hair work well on the face; they don't need to be rinsed off and absorb readily.

Anne, nice to know someone else who visits the tanning place!!

#91850 - 10/14/06 08:50 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I agree with Eagle, I don't need this product myself but when I saw it advertised on TV, I sent for some and gave it to my Grandson Jared who is 22 years old. The product is Pro-Active and his terrible scared/marred skin from years of acne is now, almost clear. This stuff is really worth every penny you pay for it and it does wonders for older skin as well. I would try it Anno before going through all that other stuff...If you haven't seen it on TV simply google, www.ProActive.com and it should pop right up.

Edited by chatty lady (10/14/06 08:53 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#91851 - 10/14/06 08:59 PM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I have used olive oil for several years now. I ran out of moisutrizer one day and had been using it on my cuticles...I love it and have never bought another moisturizer!

I'm really making an effort to drink more water now because I know it helps hydrate the skin as well.

#91852 - 10/15/06 01:56 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
Pam R. Offline

I use a clinique moisturizer (that yellow bottle...forgot the name) but I really could use something to lift the lines under my eyes. I always had to use a cover-up under my eyes since I was 22 years old due to those "allergy shiners" as my doctor said. You know, the dark circles! But now, they are downright wrinkles and sometimes puffy. I hate being so vein, but I guess I am!

#91853 - 10/15/06 10:11 AM Re: skin care? [Re: Anno]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

In addition to skin care, I use Bare Escentuals brush-on make-up instead of liquid make-up. I never liked liquid make-up anyway but as I got older, my skin colorin has become more uneven. The Bare Escentuals goes on light, you can't feel it at all, and it makes my skin look radiant. Not the cheapest make-up but a little lasts a long time.

#91854 - 10/15/06 12:40 PM Re: skin care? [Re: dejavu]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I'm a big fan of Strivectin. It's really made a difference for me. My face is softer, smoother, and my skin is much clearer -- I used to have problems with occaisonal breakouts. Of course some of that might be aging......maybe my skin finally realizes I'm not a teenager anymore! I also like L'Oreal Plentitude Line Eraser Eye Pure Retinol for around my eyes.......I've really seen a change in the wrinkles and dark circles around my eyes and can feel the difference......much smoother! And I like Olay Rejenerist Daily Regenerating Serum. I usually use the Olay in the morning and the Strivectin at night.
I don't wear makeup all that often, but I've never been a big fan of liquid makeup either. Several of my friends use Bare Escentuals and they love it, but I could just never seem to justify the expense since I don't wear makeup all that often....all though I have thought about it because it sure makes them look great! Has anyone tried any of the Vital Radiance line of make-up.......created for women over 50? One of their products I love is the eye make-up primer. You put a dab on your lids before applying eyeshadow and it helps the eye shadow go on smooth and stay put and last all day. It's really great! And I like the new line of mineral makeup from Neutrogena. Since I don't wear foundation, the powder bronzer (remember I'm a Florida gal and perpetually tan!) is all I need. Really like the light touch it gives.
For my body I'm a Bath & Body Works fan. I love lots of their products.....their Need A Margarita scrub is great down here in the Florida heat. Their Aquatanica line is also wonderful......smells "beachy" to me. And their "In A Minute" hand scrub is terrific. I keep it by the sink and try to remember to use it at least once a day after doing dishes or something. Smells wonderful and makes your hands nice and soft without leaving them slippery.
Had to visit a podiatrist the other day for a problem with a toe. He told me to buy Aquaphor Ointment (it's made by Eucerin) -- I've been applying it to my cuticles and it's working better than all the cuticle stuff that I've tried over the years!! It's even helping with my exzema!!
Ann

#91855 - 10/15/06 12:42 PM Re: skin care? [Re: dejavu]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I try to stick one brand at a time, right now I'm using L'Oreal age perfect line.

Over the past few years, I have noticed a rapid decline in my skin. For many years, I was using synthetic HRT and my skin was great. I vividly remember my doctor telling me that I would see a big change - as she was also telling me that I could no longer take my beloved HRT. She wasn't kidding either. Although I am now using bioidentical HRT - my facial skin has (seemingly overnight for Pete's sake) dried up, wrinkled and sagged.....

I've been rereading my bible 'The Wisdom of Menopause" by Dr. Christiane Northrup - and think I will try a few of her suggestions for post menopause skin care. She recommends: #1 - eating a healthy diet and drinking WATER..., #2 - Fiber, #3 - Fish (Omega-3 Fats), #4 - Soy (supposedely rebuilds collagen) #5 - Supplements (Coenzyme Q10, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Proanthocyas (?), and Alpha-Lipoic acid) Daily cleansing, toning and exfoliating and Sunscreen are a must.

Of course, stress is probably responsible for a lot of the decline - and did I mention that Stress is my middle name?? I think I'll talk to the doctor about retin A for the deep wrinkles around my eyes and upper lip - those really bother me the most.

I have to say that, as I progress through this aging maze, I see my mother's face in the mirror looking back at me. Now that she's gone - in some way, I feel her presence more than ever. That resemblence used to bug me - not that she wasn't beautiful - I just wanted to look like ME. That reminds me, I have a tear jerker poem to post soon about My Mother - Myself - I sob everytime I read it.

#91856 - 10/15/06 02:25 PM Re: skin care? [Re: browser57]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I was just going to ask if anyone ever used Strivectin when I returned to this post. It is soooooo expensive and I don't want to buy something unless I know it will make a difference.

Has anyone else tried Strivectin? Is it worth the cost?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved