The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#9178 - 06/30/05 06:52 PM Re: What will happen?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jawjaw, get that bed ready. You have company coming. [Eek!] It sounds so comfy!

Chick, gald your'e enjoying your new job.

Cathi, please keep us posted. I'm holding you in prayer.

#9179 - 06/30/05 10:10 PM Re: What will happen?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cathi, any news?

JJ

#9180 - 06/30/05 10:39 PM Re: What will happen?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Jawjaw,

No, not yet. I am going to go there tomorrow anyway, so I will make an inquiry.

This is the only way to do anything anymore. I have learned years ago not to wait for anyone to call you.

Cheers,
Cathi

#9181 - 07/01/05 05:53 AM Re: What will happen?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Chick I just except a couple jobs at a time right now, never more than I can handle. I suppose if i wanted to grow into a large business I could but the idea is not to have to open an office and have help. Sometimes less is better...at least for me. [Big Grin]

#9182 - 08/13/05 10:06 PM Re: What will happen?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi Boomer Comrades,

I have an update. Well, I went to the thrift store several times, and I was told by the manager that she didn't have time yet to go over applications. Then 2 weeks ago, she called me and told me that she needed an Asst. Manager, of course, I was looking for a more simple type job. Anyway, I talked to her and she said that she needed to get more organized and that she would call me.

In the meantime, 3 weeks ago, I applied for a data entry job at www.tns-mi.com. A friend of mine works there and told me that they had some positions opened, so she turned in my resume. Well, they called me earlier this week and I had my interview on Tuesday, and they offered me the job on Friday (yesterday). Later on, yesterday I received a message from the thrift store wanting me to start immediately.

Isn't it funny how things work out that way? [Roll Eyes]

Well, because TNS is more organized and offers great benefits, and data entry is second nature to me, I am going there. Not to mention the fact that it is an 8-5, Monday thru Friday schedule.

So, that is my update, I start work on Monday Aug 22. Another thing I liked was that they gave me sometime to sort things out at home before I started working there.

Plus, I want to use my brain to work on my other life's dream, my project on writing about my experience living and growing up on the Greek Isles.

Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement. Chick thanks for starting this post to begin with. It was the motivation that I needed to get going.

Cheers,
Cathi

#9183 - 08/14/05 10:25 PM Re: What will happen?
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Congrats Cathi. Good luck with the new job. [Smile]

#9184 - 08/15/05 04:54 AM Re: What will happen?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good for you and congratulations on the new job.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved