The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#90409 - 10/03/06 11:12 PM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I believe as Blue stated, which is what I learned in Catechism. I love that prayer Chatty, and thank you for posting it. When I read it I realized I had learned that poem too, in parochial school. I think that our conscience is different than a guardian angel: our conscience serves to guide us in right vs. wrong and is a funciton of the mind. Many sociopaths believe in guardian angels, yet have no conscience. I think that our GA can speak to us through intuition. Also, like Anne said, I think we can have an image of our GA appear to us. Dotsie, I don't think you have faith in the GA but in GOD who works through GAs. About 9 years ago I was really struggling with who I am and why I am here. I was not in touch with my whole history, because much of my childhood I had deliberately suppressed in the recesses of my mind. Meanwhile, my mother had sent me my childhood photo album. I had it for weeks, afraid to open it. Who knew what the pics might reveal? Yet, I was drawn to it. I asked God for general guidance one night. In the middle of the night, I had a dream that was more like a vision. 2 ANGELS appeared by my bed, not with halos and wings, but recognizable as angels nonetheless. "I am Michael" one said. "I am Odetta" the other said. Then Odetta said, "We are always with you." And Michael said, "Go without fear." I woke up my husband, "Hey, did you hear that? The angels Michael and Odetta were here. They told me to go without fear." (He had not heard, but believed me.) What, where was I to go without fear? Well, not long after that, I opened my photo album, and started on the long hard journey of getting in touch with my childhood. Then, I started working on my book, and you know the rest. I had never heard of Odetta, so a friend of mine more literate of the Bible looked up Odetta, and told me that she is mentioned twice as an ANGEL! (Blue, maybe you know more?) Anyway, these were not spirits that had passed on, but real true Guardian Angels. I felt blessed.

Edited by Lynnie (10/03/06 11:15 PM)

#90410 - 10/04/06 01:02 AM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I just looked in my concordance and did not see any name or word that resembled Odetta.
Now, Michael, I have a great devotion for!

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#90411 - 10/04/06 02:35 PM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: Bluebird]
Bluebird Offline

Just thought I would share the St. Michael prayer that I say every day. He's not a Guardian angel in the way we think of them, but he is the guardian and defender of God's people! He is powerful! There are many versions of this prayer, with slightly different words, but they all say the same thing:

St. Michael, the Archangel,defend us in the battle
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray
And do thou, oh Prince of the Heavenly Host,
By the power of God,
Thrust into hell, satan and all the evil spirits
Who prowl about the world, seeking the ruin of souls

If I'm praying for a particular person who is battling evil, I will use their name at the end - "seeking the ruin of Bob's soul"

I learned recently that St. Raphael's (another archangel) name means "medicine of God". I now call on him when someone has a health issue. These angels never work outside of God's will and He created them to help us, so why not ask them to do what they were created to do?

Edited by Bluebird (10/04/06 02:37 PM)

#90412 - 10/04/06 02:53 PM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: Bluebird]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Blue, thanks for looking, it may have been Odedda. I know that friend looked, and she found 2 references, but I don't remember the details. As for spirits of those who have passed on, I have had visitations in times of the worst stress. These visits were for guidance (which I did not take and got into trouble) but I did not sense them as guardian angels. Michael and Odetta were definitly telling me a guardian message: we are with you always. So I believe that our guardian angels are with us always, and yes, call on them, because they want to help.

#90413 - 10/04/06 02:59 PM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Bluebird Offline

I just realized that I looked in a non-Catholic concordance. The Catholic Bible has several more books in it and it may be in one of those. I beleive the only place Raphael is mentioned is in Tobit, which the Protestant Bibles removed. I'll look further.

#90414 - 10/04/06 03:12 PM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: Bluebird]
Bluebird Offline

The only other angelic names I could find (in books that are considered by most as non-canonical) are Uriel and Jeremiel.

#90415 - 10/04/06 03:21 PM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: Bluebird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I've been looking up the name Odetta - the closest thing I could find is Odessa, which means "bringer of light"...since everything in creation has its own name, each guardian angel must have his/her own special name as well. And if there is at least one (maybe two) guardian angels assigned to each living person, then there must be billions of angels (and therefore billions of special names), not all of which will be in the Bible. Claim Odetta and Michael as your own special guardians since it's God who has given them especially and exclusively to you!!

Edited by Eagle Heart (10/04/06 03:22 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#90416 - 10/04/06 05:16 PM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Bluebird Offline

There ya go!! Beautifully said, Eagle.

All this talk about Guardian angels has caused the enemy to try to overpower mine. I was just taking my morning walk and I was on one of the busier, paved roads. I like to walk on the pavement if no one is coming (I walk facing traffic) and when I see someone coming, I move off to the gravel shoulder. I saw a pick up coming, so I moved over. As I moved off the road, he did, too. It didn't seem like he was going fast so I thought he was going to slowly pull over to ask me directions. Always cautious, I moved further off the road and as I did, he moved further off and picked up speed. It really looked like he was purposely going to run me down! I got really nervous and put my hand up and said "whoa" and what seemed like the last minute, he swerved back onto the paved part. He didn't even pull off and say "I'm sorry" or offer any explanantion of accidentally losing control. I honestly felt like he was planning on hitting me head on and something made him change his mind.

#90417 - 10/04/06 05:55 PM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: Bluebird]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Scary Blue!!!!

I believe our Guardian Angels are given to us to help guide us along the path we were meant to take. I could feel them while I was writing my book. I mean...FEEL THEM! It scared me at times.

I prayed for a long time one day and focused on my angels. I asked their names and this was what I was given: Belinda and Sherman. Not two names I would think of. Belinda was given knowledge in dv and Sherman was there to help me financially. Sherman must be frustrated as I spend money on shoes!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90418 - 10/04/06 07:00 PM Re: Guardian angels? [Re: Dianne]
Bluebird Offline

I envision another Guardian Angel around you, Dianne. She's very happy about all the shoes you've bought. She has an odd name for an angel - Nine West.
;-)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved