The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#90357 - 10/23/06 06:16 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello Dianne, I am happy to hear that you are able to be there for this awesome baby experience. It's amazing how you were able to process that memory with the cigarrette. I am glad you got it out of your subconscious, out into the open, where it can be dissipated. I will be away for a couple of days. I am going to do a domestic violence awareness month presentation in a mountain community of CO. I have paired with a SANE: Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner to bring awareness on DV and SA. We call ourselves: SANE for TEARS (Telling Everyone About Rape & Suicide.) But as you know, I am all about awareness for DV too. I will do a presentation on the "power and control wheel" and a book sale, signing. I got a nice email from my brother re: this event. You see, none of my efforts pay off financially, but he recognized and encouraged me that my mission pays off in dividends for others that I may not be aware of. Making a difference, that's really what I want. Dianne, your book made a difference to me. It helped me to see that it was really ok to talk and write about DV because as we heal, we help others heal. Isn't that amazing? Love and Light, Lynn

#90358 - 10/23/06 09:50 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Dianne
I am so happy to hear that your grandson is beautiful and healthy. Lots of love coming your way from Minnesota.

Hello Allison
You are also from Minnesota! Where do you live? Welcome aboard the boomer women forums. Enjoy your time here and keep sharing your wisdom and love.

Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#90359 - 10/24/06 04:11 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Lynn, it really IS okay to write and talk about dv. I think back to the days when nobody did it...the dark secret. I've heard it called the little secret but what is small about it? It's a huge problem. I'm so glad you are speaking out this month and teaching others. Good for you!

Allison is from MN too? I didn't notice that. How great! Another woman from The Frozen Tundra! We should all get together for coffee and thaw out!

I'm a very lucky woman. I'll get to see all of my grandchildren on this trip. I've missed them so much and it's wonderful to see them crowd around me and hug me and show me how much they love me. What a heart warmer. We went to my oldest son's house last night to watch the Cowboys play and it was such a moment of complete joy for me that at least, part of us were all together and having so much fun, although the Cowboys lost.

I'm leaving for Phoenix tomorrow for two days and then home. The hub is helpless without me and he said that himself!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90360 - 10/24/06 07:07 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I am grinning from ear to ear. So happy you are among yourloved ones. I know it feels so good! I hope you are taking pictures.

#90361 - 10/26/06 11:02 AM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, since you are winding down on your month here as Featured Author, is there anything else you would like to impart for those who may be suffering in the midst of domestic violence? remember, there are lots of woemn who read and never post. Also, remember that your words remain here forever. Hopefully, women will read and be moved to do something about their situation for months to come!

Ladies, know that this topic can always be opened at a later date.

#90362 - 10/26/06 03:17 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

First of all, I've enjoyed sharing and second, I deeply appreciate those who had the guts to open up and talk about their own experiences.

If you have been reading this thread and see yourself here, please know that a woman never asks for abuse although there is a part of society that will try to make her believe this. Second, you don't deserve it...NO MATTER WHAT! I don't care what the abuser has told you or tried to convince you...you have done nothing to deserve to be abused. Third, reach out for help. Call your local shelter and even if you don't feel you are in danger physically, emotional abuse will destroy you from the inside-out and you can attend a support group that will give you your power back. Fourth, if you have children, understand that abuse will change their lives forever so it's about more than just you. You may feel that they need their father but not if he is an abuser. Abuse will define their future. Abuse is a deal-breaker. Fifth, if you think being abused makes you a holier woman, think again. It's unholy ground and not where you want to walk. God does not approve of abuse! Sixth, open up and tell someone but make that someone a person who can really help you, not just a sounding board. Venting does no good if change doesn't follow it. It can become a pattern. Seventh, know that you are loved even if you don't feel it or if the abuser tells you that you are unlovable. A lie. You are valuable because you draw a breath and are God's Creature. We all deserve to be loved but not the kind that an abuser gives. He may tell you that only he understands and knows you. Another lie.

Find your own truth. It's the truth you were given at birth and may just be buried. Do whatever it takes to find the woman you are. You'll like her and may find that you've never really met her, just like I did. I like me and you can like yourself as well. Just give another kind of life a chance.

If any of you want to discuss this further, we can always post in the domestic violence thread. Just don't be afraid because you won't be judged. If you want to go to my website and read, you WILL see yourself there if you are a victim and you'll know you aren't alone. There are 4 million people who are abused every year! www.eadv.net

Reach out and change your life.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90363 - 10/28/06 12:59 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, you are the perfect person for this ministry. You are so wise, real, and understanding. May God continue to bless you and all the women you have touched, and have yet to touch. May all women be blessed by getting in touch with their true selves and thrive as you are.

#90364 - 10/28/06 01:46 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thank you very much, Dots. I love what I do, which some people find hard to believe. They think my work should be depressing. What? Saving lives is depressing?

I'm back home and my grandson and DIL are doing great. I already miss him but I memorized his little face before I left and fell asleep last night picturing him. I'm in love!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90365 - 10/28/06 02:00 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Welcome home, Dianne
I have learned so much from this thread. It is the first time I have been honest with others (other than my closest friend) about my past experience with domestic violence, and it felt good.

Thank you for the opportunity to open up and get it out, once and for all.

Thank you for all the work you do with victims of domestic violence. God has blessed many women through your presence and love.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#90366 - 10/28/06 10:20 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

How sweet of you! I love what you wrote..."get it out, once and for all." That is so important. Deal with it and let it go...forever. Don't harbor negative feelings and just move on to better things...and men!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 15 of 16 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved