The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 114 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#90217 - 10/01/06 02:11 PM Our very own Dianne Schwartz
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
October Featured Author
Dianne Schwartz

Beginning today we'll be featuring Dianne Schwartz, Author of Whose Face is in the
Mirror, expert on Domestic Violence. Dianne has become the crusader for
women everywhere who've suffered domestic abuse, giving them a voice
against domestic violence. She will answer questions, offer advice,
and provide proof to the world that you can heal from the violence, you
can begin anew, you can survive AND most importantly, you are not
alone. You can visit Dianne's web page to learn more or Amazon to purchase her book.

For more information, please visit: http://www.eadv.net/

For some very odd reason, I just got around to reading Dianne's book in August. I devoured it. I am looking so forward to chatting with her about this topic this month. I hope all of you will join us.

#90218 - 10/01/06 02:17 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I read it several months ago and as soon as I opened it, I could NOT put it down. I think I read it in two days. I cannot wait to meet her in person.

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#90219 - 10/01/06 02:51 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Bluebird]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Blue, why don't you get it out and see what kinds of questions you have for her? That's what I'm going to do. And, I'm hoping all of us meet in 2007!

#90220 - 10/01/06 03:04 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Hello Ladies!

I just returned, late last night, from my publisher's (Louise Hay) 80th birthday bash. I almost decided to not go but something inside told me I should so I met a long time email friend there and immediately knew why I needed to be there. I'll be sharing some of what happened there in the next month but for now, I'll just say I was amazed that my book, after almost seven years, is still active and going into even more foreign countries!

This month, feel free to ask me any questions because my life of abuse is literally, an open book. If you want to discuss writing and publishing, I'm open for that too!

I'm looking forward to sharing with all of you!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90221 - 10/01/06 03:53 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, I am in bed with a heating pad on my lower back and ice packs all around my knee. Your book is downstairs in my office. I highlighted tons and made notes so I could ask you lots of questions and comment on your excellent writing style this month. I can't wait to get started but I have to wait for Ross to get the book for me and he's at his dad's right now. My dad is here in the rocking chair reading and doing sodukus, but he couldn't put his hand on your book. I'll wait for Ross.

I am so glad you went to the birthday bash. Tell us about it. I bet Louise loved seeing you. What a wise thing for a woman to do for herself...throw a birthday party. Great idea!

#90222 - 10/01/06 03:53 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Dianne]
auntiebear Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, New York
Hi Dianne,

I just ordered your book on Amazon! I'm looking forward to reading it and discussing it with you.

"There is only one success...to be able to spend your life in your own way..."~~Christopher Morley

~I've never quite believed that one chance is all I get~

#90223 - 10/01/06 04:18 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: auntiebear]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Dianne

I am looking forward to learning more about you and your journey. I am so glad that you did not back out on the birthday bash and can't wait to hear more about that, too.
Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#90224 - 10/01/06 04:39 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Anno]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I read Dianne's book twice. When I returned to college about 5 years ago, and I told my advisor that I wanted a degree in social work to learn more about social problems, specifically family violence, she gave me Dianne's book. My professor had met D at a presentation in AZ. I was so glad to see that someone (D) had written a true life book on the realities of DV. There are many research studies, statistics, and theories on the dynamics of DV. But D's book is a narrative in the voice of one who has lived through DV. I read D's book again when I found her on this site, and visited her suppport site. I admired that D recognized the patterns related to how she was parented, and how that is often a set up for the young adult to unconsciously repeat those patterns in a marriage. What is great about D is that she became conscious of the patterns during her recovery journey, and literally fought for her life to break the chain. Not only that, but she also advocates for others to break the cycle of violence. As a kindred author/spirit to D, I admire & respect her, and I am so glad she is the featured author. It's fitting because October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month.

#90225 - 10/01/06 06:49 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Princess Lenora]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Dianne, I had no idea your book was international!

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#90226 - 10/01/06 07:26 PM Re: Our very own Dianne Schwartz [Re: Bluebird]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Thank you, my dear friends. Yep, the book has been international from the beginning...Australia and England. I'll tell you more about this later but I am so excited because I got to meet and talk to Dr. Wayne Dyer! He is so nice and captivating. Not any ego about him. Also, Suzie Orman (sp) the female financial analyst was there--very, very pretty and nice. What a wonderful time I had!

Two women approached me at a garden party the night before the birthday bash. I should mention the party was at the president of Hay House Publishing's home. Unbelievable. Beautiful scenery and they had set up tables around the pool area with wonderful flowers and a fire going in the fireplace. Anyway, these women asked me my name and then the title of my book and when I told them, they got so excited and called over three more women. Seems they all work at the South Africa branch of Hay House and told me my book was the very first one they decided to carry in their country because they had such a problem with dv. I almost started crying as we discussed me possibly traveling there in the future to speak! Can you imagine?

Then, I met the pres. of the Australian Hay House. He has asked me to come to his country and do a media, tour blitz. I must give him three months notice before doing so but he said he read my book and loved it! A man read my book!!!!

So, I'm excited to say the least! And then, I met this man:
http://www.thepsychicbarber.co.uk/

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved