The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#89796 - 09/30/06 02:44 AM American Heart Walk
Pam R. Offline

I am walking tomorrow in the American Heart Walk in support of all us survivors (me included) and all those who have passed due to this #1 killer of both men and women. My daughter and I have raised over $1000 together and are looking forward to a wonderful day. It's her birthday tomorrow and she insists on celebrating it by walking with me to rejoice in my 3 year survival. Isn't she a peach?

#89797 - 09/30/06 11:25 AM Re: American Heart Walk [Re: Pam R.]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Way to go, Pam. I too am a survivor and I congratulate you for celebrating in this manner.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#89798 - 09/30/06 11:30 AM Re: American Heart Walk [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What a great way to spend the day with your daughter. Keep on trucking. How many miles is it? I'm not sure where you are, but it's a beautiful day here. Hope you are having a great time.

#89799 - 10/01/06 01:46 AM Re: American Heart Walk
Pam R. Offline

It was a great day at the Heart Walk. They had two routes to follow. They wanted the survivors to walk the shorter walk of only 2 miles and they also had a 5 mile walk along a part of the Parkway that they closed off. I did the 2 mile but really was capable of going further, and I probably should have. Maybe next year! They really do it up nicely. There are loads of give-aways from several local corporations and a local radio station is the emcee. There is free food, drink and music, entertainment for the kids and plenty of important medical information for those interested. I really look forward to this day every year.

#89800 - 10/01/06 02:42 AM Re: American Heart Walk [Re: Pam R.]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Where do you live? I was out for my daily, cardio walk, today and noticed many people walking with red hearts on there shirts. I have a red dress pin. It always invites comments.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#89801 - 10/02/06 12:56 AM Re: American Heart Walk [Re: Anno]
Pam R. Offline

Anno, I live in NY, about 30 miles north of NYC. I think this weekend was a big one for support walks everywhere. We had breast cancer, diabetes and the heart walk all over the county. They all are very worthy causes.

#89802 - 10/02/06 07:42 PM Re: American Heart Walk [Re: Pam R.]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
October is also National Domestic Violence awareness month and we wear purple ribbons. So many good causes to support.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved