The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#887 - 12/09/05 12:17 PM 4 men
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
One American, one British, two Canadians were to be executed yesterday. They are members of 'Christian Peacemakers ', a world wide grass roots organization of Christians who try to make this world a safer place through non violent ways.

Last week they were captured by a group in Iraq, who said they would execute these men unless all prisoners in Iraq were released.

Yesterday the men were given a reprieve until Saturday....

But the demands of the kidnappers will not be met.

Throughout the universe Goodness exists.....
All people are born Good.......

May those who are holding these men
have mercy and compassion ...........

<small>[ December 10, 2005, 04:12 AM: Message edited by: norma ]</small>

#888 - 12/09/05 05:53 PM Re: 4 men
ladybug Offline

Norma, as a mother my heart grieves for these four men.

I am so sick of these people that we are trying to defend kidnapping "our" people, (yours and mine) as well as other peace keepers of other countries. They seem to pick the easier targets.

These kidnappers are so despicable that they cannot even leave peace-keeping men to do their work.

Let's pray together, that these mens lives will be spared. Unfortunately we all know we cannot always cave in to the demands of extremists or we'll be facing more and more of them every day.

#889 - 12/09/05 10:25 PM Re: 4 men
norma Offline

my apology, i should have put
"Christian Peacemakers" i have corrected it.

#890 - 12/13/05 12:47 AM Re: 4 men
norma Offline

Among other things...Islam teaches "Allah is merciful and compassionate ", Christianity teaches "Do good to those who would hurt you",
Judaism teaches "Do not return evil for evil" .

Saturday has come and gone, there has been no word from the islamic hostage takers or the christian hostages .......

The silence is deafening....
i wonder if the days will ever come when we each recognize our commonalities rather than our
differences ? It's not as if there will be no further work to be done ...

I have decided today to forgive God, for allowing us to be so often barbaric to each other .
I dont think that will make a difference to God..
but it makes a difference to me.

<small>[ December 12, 2005, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: norma ]</small>

#891 - 12/13/05 12:57 AM Re: 4 men
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Jesus said "offenses will come, but woe unto those through whom they come". In other words, we are going to have evil in this world but don't let it come through you (that's a general "you" not directed at anyone here)...We can't stop the evil but we can make sure WE do what's right.

#892 - 12/13/05 02:19 AM Re: 4 men
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I firmly believe that there's a reason for everything that happens. I remember when I was first diagnosed with cancer, "Why me, God? What is the reason for this." I didn't get an answer that day. Now I figure that surviving cancer made me a stronger and compassionate person.

This certainly doesn't answer the question of why the world seems to be full of people who do horrendous things to each other. But it makes ME feel better. And I think it does matter to God that someone feels better.

Does that make sense?

#893 - 12/13/05 02:57 AM Re: 4 men
ladybug Offline

Norma, I'm not so sure these men have anything in common with us anymore.

It's another example of "mans' inhumanity to man."

#894 - 12/13/05 04:13 AM Re: 4 men
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't mean to make light of this thread in any way but saw a t-shirt that read:

3 WISE MEN?
(be serious)

<small>[ December 12, 2005, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]</small>

#895 - 12/13/05 05:43 AM Re: 4 men
Vi Offline

My dad always said, "All things for a purpose." I believe these people who do these awful things are baby souls. Although they are physically grown, they react with tantrum behavior to get their way. They are into power, adrenaline rushes, all kinds of things that bring them attention. This is one of the reasons reincarnation makes sense to me. Each lifetime we have the opportunity to learn. Each life we add to our love and compassion quotient, until finally we are mature souls. With some of us it takes a long time and with some the growth comes quickly.

There's a quote I like that helps when things don't make sense to me:

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." Richard Bach.

<small>[ December 12, 2005, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Vi ]</small>

#896 - 12/13/05 09:17 AM Re: 4 men
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Jackie...it makes perfect sense to me...(((Hugs)))

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved