The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#84587 - 08/18/06 01:31 AM Re: Acid Reflux [Re: Louisa]
Pam R. Offline

Yes Louisa, the Womenheart.org site is free. It has helped me alot. I browse through and also respond to some message boards. I will admit that sometimes it scares me a bit too. I asked my cardiologist about it and he likes it too. It's just another helping tool I use to learn as much as I can about heart disease, but mostly about women and heart disease.

#84588 - 08/18/06 01:45 AM Re: Acid Reflux [Re: smilinize]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Funny that this topic is still alive, but thank goodness it is. It is one I can really relate to. Mine has gone into overdrive it seems. Now at night when I lay down to sleep, I wake up about an hour or so afterwards, coughing and choking with burning in my throat and the feeling that I am going to "pit up" as the kids say. It is bad enough that the choking wakes me up and I have to sit up straight, otherwise, I can't quit coughing. Obviously, the over the counter stuff isn't working.

I'm attributing all of this to late night eating. So I'm going to try not eating anything after 5:00 p.m. and see if this helps. If it doesn't, I'll be on HERE late into the night. Like I need this? Even Queens need their sleep....(I didn't say beauty sleep)

JJ

#84589 - 08/18/06 11:18 AM Re: Acid Reflux [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
JJ -It may be from eating late at night. I think you need to be up for a few hours after dinner. I can't stand that I can taste things for hours after I eat. Even smells bother me. (normal ones) Dick bought me some of those beautiful orchids (I think that's what they are). They are out on the deck and the other morning it was raining. I opened the slider a crack. I swore I could smell something different but didn't know what it was. I could still smell it and almost taste it when I was at work. I didn't figure out it was the flowers until the next day. I'm not sure that has to do with the reflux or not. But it's awful.

Louisa

#84590 - 08/28/06 10:20 PM Re: Acid Reflux [Re: Louisa]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
JJ - have you tried a bed wedge? This may have been posted before - but they reallllllly work.

The one I got is a 7.5" bed wedge and not only has it helped tremendously with the acid reflux at night - it's also helped my bad back a little. Hubby got one for him because he didn't like not being able to cuddle and it not only stopped his sleep apnea it also stopped his snoring !!!! The neighbors don't call me in the middle of the night and ask me to roll him over anymore

Also make sure you're not eating/drinking anything with citrus acid in it -- which pretty well rules out any fruit or soda - oh and I know you don't want to hear this but (chocolate) can also cause acid reflux

Oh and also I was told by my doc that laying on your right side causes pressure on your stomach and it can cause the acid to "rise" --

#84591 - 08/28/06 10:39 PM Re: Acid Reflux [Re: lionspaaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Great. I'm a right sided sleeper. Can only sleep on my left side when I'm on the couch watching TV at night. I can taste things long after I eat them. Is that part of reflux or something else? I'm beginning to wonder as if I smell something, like heavy perfume, I can taste it and it stays with me for hours. It's horrible. That's not someting I'm eating, so how can that be from acid reflux?

Louisa

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved