The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#8426 - 04/27/06 06:34 AM Photo cards
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Does anyone know how to go about having photos printed into note cards?

I do a lot of farm photography -imagine that?!- and want to have note cards printed with my photos of lambs, etc.

Does anyone have thoughts as to how to get this done, approximate cost, etc.?

Thanks,

#8427 - 04/27/06 08:09 AM Re: Photo cards
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/splash/splash_postcards.aspx?pfid=084&xnav=left

They have great templates you can choose from, and they are relatively cheap and fast. Quite often they have great specials for free mailing labels, etc.

You have to know what you're doing with your image, though. If you want nice photos, be sure your image is at least 300dpi. If you have dial-up service, you may not be able to upload the photo easily since it will be large.

Also, be sure to size it right to fit on the card - they have the dimensions on the site so you know in advance what to do. 1000 cards is around $80, plus shipping, which seems quite reasonable to me.

Also, check EVERYTHING before you approve the proof. The first biz cards I ordered came as matte, and I wanted glossy. Didn't catch that, so I was stuck. Had to re-order. But they were so cheap - yet good quality - that it was okay.

Good luck!
Kathy

#8428 - 04/27/06 06:00 PM Re: Photo cards
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thistle, I've heard a lot of good things about this company from other users, too...so they must be a pretty good one to use. I love the notecards you sent me and think this is a great idea for the farm. You have such beautiful scenery there. Breathtaking!

JJ

#8429 - 04/27/06 10:16 PM Re: Photo cards
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
You can also go to www.printingforless.com and check them out. I am looking at getting 500 business cards full color for $58.00 including shipping. They have a full line of printing options and products to order. Postcards, brochures, business cards, newsletters, etc.
They are reasonable, I think. You can also request a free packet that includes samples of their work.

Sandpiper

#8430 - 04/28/06 05:21 AM Re: Photo cards
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't think $58.00 for 500 business cards sounds very cheap. I can send you the address for 250 business cards for absoltely FREE and they are of good quality. I am looking for the address now. I would send for the free packet however so you can judge the quality of the two sources for yourself...I would imagine the more expensive ones have more to offer but theres only one way to be sure....

#8431 - 04/28/06 05:29 AM Re: Photo cards
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Thanks Kathy, JJ, Sandpiper, Chatty -

I will check out Vistaprint and get the sample from printing for less...thanks!

I did order biz cards from some place in CA - they were $80, inc. shipping, for 2K biz cards. Nice templates and I'm happy with the cards but am ready for a change. I don't go many places to give out cards and I still have, probably, 1500 cards - ouch!

#8432 - 04/28/06 06:35 PM Re: Photo cards
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Just be careful with the free ones - sometimes they have the printing company's name on the back side, and if you want to present a professional presence, you don't want that. Read the fine print, as always!

#8433 - 04/29/06 07:45 AM Re: Photo cards
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thistle, have you ever seen the note cards my son did? They are the ones with the beautiful flower groupings.

Check out this site - www.modernpostcard.com

They did a fantastic job, but they are not cheap by any means. If you are looking for professional photos on cards, this is the best place we could find. And the people were delightful to work with. I had tons of questions since I had never done anything like it before.

Let me know if you have any questions.

#8434 - 04/28/06 08:46 PM Re: Photo cards
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Dotsie,

The site is nice. I've ordered a sample of their postcards. They also use, aqeas coating, which printing for less uses on their cards and such.

Beautiful.

Sandpiper

#8435 - 04/29/06 08:06 PM Re: Photo cards
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Sandpiper, the cards are of the highest quality. Let me know what you think when you get them. We had note cards made.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved