The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#8140 - 11/24/02 03:52 PM My best friend's hubby and the FBI Whistleblower cases
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
Tonight, 60 Minutes is doing its' very first ever follow-up story. A few weeks ago, there was a story done about the woman who complained that she was told to not translate communiques from the Arab countries so fast so that the powers-that-be at the FBI could prove that they were overworked and understaffed and get more people/money. The gist was that if the stuff had been done (she even said stuff she had already translated was wiped off her computer while she was home at night)and that if she had been allowed to do her job, 9/11 may not have happened. This is not the first case involvong the whistleblowers, and won't be the last, I am sure, but this one has attracted so much attention because the "new" director has been making all kinds of comments about protecting the whistleblowers while at the same time raking John and my frined Brenda (who is getting the treatment for being married to him) over the coals in public at all-employee meetings. Needless to say, 60 Minutes is majorly pi$%ed and is taking the story to the next level. During the original story, they showed my friend John Roberts(married to my best friend for over 30 years and an FBI unit chief in the Office of Professional Responsibility (sort of Internal Affairs), AND one of the most stand-up persons I have ever known, next to my father!!) and had several quotes from him (He had, BTW, been approved by the brass to do the interview). Well, he was also one of the chief investigators in the Ruby Ridge investigation and apparently had disagreed with top brass there. Anyhoo, things have really escalated badly and there are numerous things posted on the Web about it. They (the uppers at the FBI)are treating them very badly, and they WILL be sorry---now there is a Congressional investigation, DOJ's Office of the Inspector General and Whistleblower Advocate lawyers are involved, and it's getting really nasty. It is just unbelieveable that this is happening to someone that was just doing his job, and doing it well. Watch the show, and then if you are interested, I will tell you where the info is posted. (I am not sharing anything that isn't public knowledge at this point--I don't know anything that isn't posted to the Web.)

#8141 - 11/25/02 03:37 AM Re: My best friend's hubby and the FBI Whistleblower cases
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How cool that I just saw your best friend and hubby on tv. Actually the only think cool about it is that I could place them with you!

Wow! It's pretty bad when you can't trust the F.B.I. Are they still going to work each day? My main question is this...Why does the FBI even have internal people investigating them if they don't want them to report anything? Doesn't make sense to me!

If your grilfriend needs support, get her in our community and we will support her! Also, please forward me the info. I wouldn't mind learning more about this. Thanks!

#8142 - 11/27/02 06:47 AM Re: My best friend's hubby and the FBI Whistleblower cases
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
Go to your search engine and out in DOJ OIG. That will bring up the DOJ website. On the left, you can get to the "Special Reports" section. The report is about the double standard of discipline at the FBI.

#8143 - 12/01/02 08:05 AM Re: My best friend's hubby and the FBI Whistleblower cases
nillawafer Offline

Loc: new orleans
when you think about it, there is a double standard of discipline in every corner of business. it just starts getting scary when it reaches higher levels of justice and the government. no matter what, though, the parallel is there. some people at mcdonalds would get into trouble for handing free french fries out the drive thru window to a friend when a certain manager is there and some managers would turn there back to it. it is the same thing when you truly break it down. just a completely different level of business. yet, business is business. do you see what i mean?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved