The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#78405 - 01/15/06 06:35 PM Re: Men's taste
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, men must like leather. My husband is in charge of redecorating our den. He has chosen a chocolate brown leather sofa.

I think the den will be finihsed in late February. I can't wait to see what he's picked out. This is his baby, and I love not having to do it.

#78406 - 01/15/06 07:32 PM Re: Men's taste
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I have a little red in every room of the house and my kitchen is painted red. My lr is painted a soft gold, but I just ordered a dark red leather sectional for it. It should be delivered this week! Red coordinates with many colors and I consider it almost a neutral.

Daisygirl

#78407 - 01/15/06 07:52 PM Re: Men's taste
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I was afraid we'd end up with Early American Trash! He did show me while walking through the furniture store, the coffee table he almost picked out. It was so ugly and gaudy and all I could think was how it would have immediately been sent back. What was he thinking?

In Ohio, we had a den that was called The Male Bonding Room. Native American spears, civil war things, even a Bullie, which is a dried bull testicle. The walls were textured with straw and then had a glaze over it. Really pretty and very masculine. That was the room the men watched sports, smoked and passed gas.

#78408 - 01/16/06 08:03 AM Re: Men's taste
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
We're in the thinking process of re-doing a home office for my husband. Probably a lot of leather, etc. Typical male stuff.

He has an antique Lionel train stored in a trunk now and we were thinking of using it. I have a lot of railroad antiques that people gave me when I did a couple of musicals about railroad towns.

We don't really want the train and antiques in easy reach of the grandkids and we're thinking of putting it on a track around the ceiling and rigging the train to run on it.

Dan's all for it, but I don't want it to just go in a cirlce around the room so we're figuring that out. Still in the planning stages.

Is that a crazy idea? Anyone have input?

smile

[ January 15, 2006, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#78409 - 01/15/06 11:52 PM Re: Men's taste
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
No, it's not crazy. I've seen it done in restaurants. I think it would be fascinating.

#78410 - 01/16/06 12:09 AM Re: Men's taste
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Nancy and I ate in a restaurant in Virginia that had one going around the room. I thought it was great! One of my ex-bosses has one that runs throughout his entire house. It is fab...I would do it in a heartbeat!

JJ

#78411 - 01/16/06 01:44 AM Re: Men's taste
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
There's one in a Restaurant in Arkansas too. I liked it. I have a train that goes by my door a dozen times a day...Thats enough for me. In the living room smile? or a spare room?
chick

#78412 - 01/16/06 04:31 AM Re: Men's taste
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Say whatever works Smile, its your guys home and your castle so go for it....

#78413 - 01/16/06 07:57 AM Re: Men's taste
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
The room is an extra bedroom that we are turning into my husband's office. He will have a lot of computer stuff and I guess the train if we can get someone to do the work.

I dated a guy who was a member of a toy train club. He took me to a place where the club had a lot of trains set up. It was incredibly realistic though in miniature. He would have killed for Dan's train. I think there is a similar group here in town and we might go there to get some ideas.

I wanted it to circle around the room and maybe the chandelier somehow. But we'll have to figure that out. If we can get it to happen, it would be so cute. I think just around the room would be boring.

Thanks for the encouragement. As I said, we're still in the thinking stage.

smile

#78414 - 01/17/06 07:03 PM Re: Men's taste
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I'm still laughing about your male bonding room and your explanation of what the men did in there. What a hoot!

Smile, my daughter and I were in Wegman's yesterday, www.wegmans.com. It's an unbelievable food store that opened a few months ago in our area. They have a train running around the top of the store. It's amazing. The kids love it. It's quite an attraction.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved