The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#78395 - 01/12/06 11:15 PM Men's taste
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I think I've mentioned that my husband is remodeling/redecorating the den. He has had the boys help him a little. I can't wait to see the outcome.

Has the man in your house ever decorated anything, or is this another piece of the woman's puzzle?

#78396 - 01/13/06 04:58 AM Re: Men's taste
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The only men I have ever seen decorate anything tastefully were gay....the rest of the men have no taste, no style or color concsiousness. Some may have but none I've seen....

#78397 - 01/13/06 05:14 AM Re: Men's taste
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My hubby is a wonderfully handy guy to have around, but it took me years (because I was working such long hours for most of those years) to realize that while he's exceptionally talented at the carpentry/electrical/plumbing/physical aspects of remodeling, he was virtually colour-blind and completely unaware of (and disinterested in) the aesthetic side of things.

For much of my adult life, before hubby came along, I was too poor to be able to afford to choose my surroundings...my furniture, dishes and even knick-knacks were mostly from the second-hand stores. So I got used to being surrounded by a mish-mash of styles and colours. So I'm not much better at envisioning the "can-be's" when redecorating, but at least I can tell when something's NOT right or when colours aren't working well together.

I have a gay friend who has very elegant and tasteful skill at redecorating. He's bought several rundown houses and restored them, inside and out, and they're usually showpieces by the time he's finished with them. He has that knack of putting odd colours together and getting them to work beautifully, tying them together with just the perfect lamps, rugs, cushions, knick-knacks and paintings on the walls. I don't know how he can envision all that with what he starts out with, but it's a delightful gift to watch him turn chaos into beauty like that.

[ January 12, 2006, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#78398 - 01/13/06 07:13 PM Re: Men's taste
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I also have a friend who is a house renovator. Her vision is out of this world. Truly a gift.

Chatty, I know men with good taste, and my hubby happens to be one of them.

When my oldest son was in eighth grade, heading to high school, we gave him a big boy room. I decided he was going to help me decorate so I dragged him to wallpaper stores, carpet stores, furniture places, Home Dept, etc. I wanted him to choose his surroundings and realize how much work goes into such a project.

I recall having so much fun doing this. He got into it. He is extremely conservative and it showed back them. He picked new bedroom furniture that I like better than ours. He chose a navy carpet, wide striped wallpaper, navy plaid fabric for curtains, and a nice comforter for the bed.

Problem is, now he wants everything in his college apartment to be coordinated...and I thought I was doing the right thing. [Eek!]

#78399 - 01/14/06 05:39 AM Re: Men's taste
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ha, ha whats that saying, "no good deed goes unpunished." I know some men do have taste Dotsie just said I never knew any personally.

#78400 - 01/15/06 08:46 AM Re: Men's taste
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My husband was in charge of picking out furniture for the sky loft in MN. I was afraid to see what it was but he did a good job. However, it's all black leather, glass and chrome. Dare I bring in anything pink? It's truly a bachelor pad! I can live with it. The sofa and chair are soft and comfy. A little cold for my taste but he's proud of himself.

#78401 - 01/14/06 09:13 PM Re: Men's taste
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
What about a nice fiery red here and there...

#78402 - 01/14/06 11:11 PM Re: Men's taste
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Funny you should mention that because I just packed a beautiful, tall red vase. I think it will really set it off.

#78403 - 01/15/06 06:23 AM Re: Men's taste
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
When we got married, it was unanimously agreed that I'd be in charge of decorating. I'm an artist with very specific ideas, and hubbo has no decorating taste at all. If it were up to him, we'd decorate in early Walmart *GAG* *GAG*

My aesthetic is colorful and creative. He's happy with most of what I've done, except he hates the off-white carpet.

[ January 14, 2006, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: meredithbead ]

#78404 - 01/15/06 06:25 PM Re: Men's taste
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ditto with my hubby -

My house would look like a saloon out of the old west (western decor)...

We had an agreement long ago..the house is mine...the cars are his. LOL.

It works for both of us.

Someday I hope to have a room that he can call his own and decorate with his beloved western items.

For now...Im in CHARGE!

d.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved