The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#78353 - 12/21/05 11:04 PM Home Depot....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Every year hubby and I decide on a gift we both want and buy the item together.
This year we decided on a stained glass entry door with the stained glass sidelites, plus a storm door to match the trim on the house. Needed one in a bad way... this one lets in more cold air than the North Pole.

We went to Home Depot Nov. 11, and put in our order. Was told then it would be in Nov. 25.
I have been on the phone every week since after the 25th to find out where my door is.

Have been told for 2 weeks solid now it will be in tomorrow night.
Have already paid the $2000. thinking the door would be installed before Christmas.
Was told again this morning the door will be in tonight.

Tomorrow morning... I will be in the door and window dept., throwing a BIG hissey fit...if said door is not there.

Anyone wanting to see a grown woman having a hissey fit, is welcome to join me at around 10a.m. [Roll Eyes]

#78354 - 12/22/05 04:27 AM Re: Home Depot....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Always remember "the squeeky wheel gets the grease." And scream loud and long, it always amazes me how fast that seems to work. Another one that seems to work is asking for the Big man, the store manager not the department manager but the store manager....

#78355 - 12/22/05 06:21 AM Re: Home Depot....
yepthatsme2 Offline

We had saved for awhile, so when we ordered it in Nov. we just assumed it would be put in before Christmas.
Would just rather hear the truth, instead of lies week after week.

I am woman hear me roar....about 10 tomorrow morning.

#78356 - 12/22/05 06:33 AM Re: Home Depot....
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
HOW COME YOU DIDN'T COME TO ME FOR ADVICE ON NOT GOING TO HOME DEPOT TO ORDER ANYTHING SPECIAL?!!!

We had our kitchen cabinets ordered thru them...they charged us $100 to come measure our kitchen before they would draw up plans.

AND THEY GOT IT WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had to go change the order....and then they ended up screwing that up!!! We got the original order delivered......which we kept because I HAD my cabinets inside my house....and I just did a slight aleration.....THEN THEY CALLED TO LET ME KNOW MY ORDER WAS IN AND THEY WANTED TO KNOW WHEN I WAS COMING TO PICK IT UP!!!

IT GETS BETTER!!!!
The man in charge of CORRECTING HOME DEPOTS ERRORS.......TOLD ME NONE OF IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF I DIDN'T CHANGE MY ORDER!!!!!!!!!

I got the last laugh.....they refunded the wrong amount......I got double the amount I should have!!!! [Smile]

#78357 - 12/23/05 05:12 AM Re: Home Depot....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Hoorah for you Kay B, finally some poetic justice...

#78358 - 12/23/05 06:34 AM Re: Home Depot....
yepthatsme2 Offline

At first I went to Lowe's, they told me they would come out and measure within days. After 2 weeks I figured, they were not coming, and demanded my money back.

Only other option was Home Depot, they came out within days, so I thought all was good.

If, I was the manager of a store like Lowe's or Home Depot, I would be looking at high end items for my commission. It's like no one in the store cares if they sell squat... or even wait on you... I don't get it.

#78359 - 12/23/05 09:35 PM Re: Home Depot....
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
We went to Lowes first...and they only took appointments on Wednesdays or something!!! [Razz]

I know what you mean....the first woman we had help us at HD didn't seem to care about helping us. I think she was annoyed we weren't using HD to install the kitchen! Plus the fact we weren't planning a super huge kitchen!

We went back to her one Sunday....and she was running behind....and we jumped at the chance to have someone else help us!!! Within minutes we were given suggestions we hadn't even gotten from the wicked witch that originally helped us!!!

But that was about the only helpful thing with our kitchen experience at HD!!! The one store didn't even want to answer a simple question from my brother without making an appointment!!! [Embarrassed]

#78360 - 12/23/05 11:23 PM Re: Home Depot....
yepthatsme2 Offline

Anyways the door we thought would be installed before Christmas, won't be installed until after now. They waited so long the man who installs the door has gone to visit family for Christmas.

This spring we wanted to have a garage door intalled also... not sure who to call for that.

#78361 - 12/24/05 05:03 AM Re: Home Depot....
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Your best bet is to find a private installer someone recommended by someone who has had work done by that individual. Might be a bit more but in most cases it isn't and they don't get paid until AFTER the jobs been completed. Geesh what a nightmare!!!

#78362 - 12/24/05 06:36 PM Re: Home Depot....
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I'm with you. We always use contractors who have worked for a family member or friend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved