The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#78319 - 12/08/05 10:10 PM Re: Christmas Presents
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I've been thinking of names for Asia, the foster I have now. I think Daisy and Asia are getting attached and I'm thinking about keeping her, except that she eats poop - ICK! No doggy kisses from her. Anyway,one of the cutest names I've heard was Helen for a Bulldog. I like people names for dogs. If you like fashion, Coco is a good one, too. And I am seriously considering Condi for Asia, since she is a woman I admire. I try to stay away from the names of people I know personally. [Wink]

Daisygirl

#78320 - 12/08/05 11:33 PM Re: Christmas Presents
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
JJ,
I kind of like Tuffy for a small dog.

A friend once had a tiny chihuahua (sp) named Killer. It had a little tee shirt with Killer on it. I think the dog thought it was a killer too. Funny.
smile

#78321 - 12/09/05 02:43 AM Re: Christmas Presents
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I actually had another one at one time named Missy. Don't know what it is about those double letters, but anyhooo...I think next animal I get will be more than one. I'm thinking about a bird like Sammie, AND a dog, AND a cat....

Why does Old MacDonald come to mind?

JJ

#78322 - 12/09/05 06:08 AM Re: Christmas Presents
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My sister had a toy Yorkie that weighed in soaking wet at 5 pounds and he thought he was a giant guard dog. His name was Tiger, cute as could be. My two little Yorkies are Reeta & Rosee. Janis is going to be so happy by the amount of love these little dogs can bring to us (all dogs really) I am so happy for her, way to go big Dan!!!

#78323 - 12/09/05 07:42 AM Re: Christmas Presents
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Gee Daisy, that hardly seems worth it, which is a big problem with all this high tech stuff in the first place. You can buy an Ipod shuffle for $100, or is it the Nano one? There are so many now. New ones come up so fast, the old ones get outdated just when you get used to them.

Dotsie, we are very mod I guess. He loves anything to do with music and he is so into that Ipod. I'm the computer geek. I have trouble with the remote control for the tv, but I can do most anything on the pc. He can't use the cell phone. That one's mine too. [Smile]
Louisa

#78324 - 12/09/05 07:06 PM Re: Christmas Presents
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, I can totally relate the the remote comment. One night, Ross and I found ourselves hoem alone so we decided to watch a movie on the big screen in the basement. We were all excited and set up down there and what do you know? We couldn't figure out how to work any of it. There were so many remotes and we couldn't get a dang thing to work. We gave up, went upsatirs on watched don the smaller TV.

The kids came home. We told them of our dilemna, took our son in the basement, and sonny boy said, "all you do is hit this."

Now I know how to use the TV but not the rest of the mess.

#78325 - 12/10/05 08:59 AM Re: Christmas Presents
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Tell me about it. I was babysitting Lea the other day and right before my son left he said, "oh Mom, here are the remoteS for the TV." I said, "forget it. They look like the inside of an airline cockpit." He said, "Well, if you need help, ask Lea." EVERYBODYYYYYY is a comedian!

Of course later in the afternoon, Lea goes over and cuts off the TV. I'm thinking, "now how in the heck am I gonna get that thing back on." She then goes back over and turns it back on. She's one.

JJ

#78326 - 12/11/05 07:39 PM Re: Christmas Presents
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I remember Mom and Dad getting their first answering machine. Mom kept asking me how to use it when I visited. I was like...what's the big deal? All you do is push this and listen. Now I can totally relate.

#78327 - 12/12/05 08:07 AM Re: Christmas Presents
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I have several friends in their seventies and boy are they ever technology challenged. I'm always having to try to get them out of some computer mess and it's so frustrating because they simply do not 'get it.'

One of their daughters was trying to teach her Mom and Dad to use their cell phone. She said, "Mom and Dad are the Helen Keller of technology." I laughed because I understood exactly what she meant.
smile

#78328 - 12/12/05 04:59 AM Re: Christmas Presents
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I don't think my mom would do well with a cell phone, but she sure has calling cards down pat.

Never mind all this technology stuff with eletronics, remember trying to go from curlers to blow dryers and curling irons? The first time I had my hair cut into a style that could be blown dry, I thought I would never get the hang of that thing. I thought I would spend the rest of my life in curlers.
Louisa

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved