The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#78290 - 11/28/05 09:28 PM Re: decorating for Christmas!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
JJ, I haven't thought of that - our grandchildren DO allow us to see Christmas through their eyes and life in general, if we allow them.

Ladies, this may be the time to invest in Oreo stock.

#78291 - 11/28/05 10:43 PM Re: decorating for Christmas!
MossPatch Offline

Loc: Midwest
quote:
Originally posted by chickadee:
Red tablecloth is as far as I am right now. My christmas china is blue willow. I bought it because it was what we had growing up.... We grew up in our Grandparents house. It was well over a hundred years old with the comfy nooks and crannies,

Thanks for the memory lane stroll, chickadee. There was blue willow china in the built-in hutch in the kitchen at my grandparents house, too. I so loved all the different rooms with steps up to and down into; front stairs; kitchen stairs. Old houses are just so great.

#78292 - 12/02/05 11:18 AM Re: decorating for Christmas!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mosspatch, where are your grandparents from? I love old houses, too. I feel at home in them. We had a huge round dining table in the "front room" and an organ that was a monster to move, but Mom managed it twice a year.
chick

#78293 - 12/03/05 05:24 AM Re: decorating for Christmas!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to say that my livingroom, diningroom looks like a Christmas card when all the decorations are lit up. I love Christmas lights. I have cut down a lot of the decorating this year but do have something on every wall area and the table has a red velvet tablecloth trimmed in gold and deep green silk place mats. The manger is in the center. I may live alone but hey Christmas is only once a year and I deserve to be as festive as anyone with a house full. Remember that you singles out there and celebrate....

[ December 02, 2005, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#78294 - 12/04/05 08:46 AM Re: decorating for Christmas!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Good for you Chatty! I've been decorating this morning since 5:30, when the dogs woke me up. I would've gone back to bed, but there was a rabbit in the yard and I had to go out to make sure it survived - that was enough to get me wide awake! [Eek!] Anywho, I splurged and bought a tree I've had my eye on at Smith Hawkins. It's a simple iron tree and I set it on my coffee table, which works because you can see through it. [Big Grin]

I've decided I don't have enough decorations and I'm going out today to find some bargains.

Daisygirl

#78295 - 12/04/05 12:08 AM Re: decorating for Christmas!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
We decorated INSIDE today and hopefully will get OUTSIDE done tomorrow. Every year it seems to take us longer to get all those boxes up out of the basement with all the Christmas decorations - or am I just getting older ?!?!?!?!?! LOL Anyway, we had a lot of fun reminiscing as we put our ornaments on the tree....we collect ornaments on each of our trips and getting them out each year gets us talking about our "trip memories".

The house looks really festive.....I'll be happy to have the outside done tomorrow - just pine roping on the porch railing with white lights woven through it and big red bows.

#78296 - 12/04/05 05:45 AM Re: decorating for Christmas!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Pam, reading your post makes me realize I need to get off this computer and go start decorating. While I was out today, hubby got all the decorations out of the attic. He is getting the tree in the stand now. I am going to fold a load of laundry (another load of laundry) then begin taking things out and placing them around the house. I love this time of year.

This is a fun forum. I enjoy picturing everyone's homes and thinking aboaut all of us gearing up for the big day.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved