The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#78280 - 11/28/05 01:50 AM decorating for Christmas!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you all do much decorating for Christmas? I just finished getting out the Christmas china (one of my favorite decorating chores). Now the dining room is almost all decorated for Christmas. What a great feeling!

#78281 - 11/28/05 02:27 AM Re: decorating for Christmas!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Red tablecloth is as far as I am right now. My christmas china is blue willow. I bought it because it was what we had growing up. My Grandpa bought it for my Grandma when he was a schooner captain. I didn't know them, they both died within 3 months of my birth. 11 days for Grandpa. My Mom used Blue Willow as every day china. We grew up in our Grandparents house. It was well over a hundred years old with the comfy nooks and crannies, crucififs, religious statues and pictures all over. My whatb a tanget I went off on...ha, ha. Reminising a great upbringing I guess.
chick

#78282 - 11/28/05 03:58 AM Re: decorating for Christmas!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I've started my decorating early. I bought the green and red M&M's.

What?

JJ

#78283 - 11/28/05 04:07 AM Re: decorating for Christmas!
Nan Fitz Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
I used to decorate more when the kids were home but I have a new problem this year. I'll be decorating our 5th wheel since we'll be on the road and in California for most of the month. We hope to be back home by Christmas but don't know for sure. So this might be quite a change from a Colorado Christmas!

#78284 - 11/28/05 06:21 PM Re: decorating for Christmas!
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Nan,

It sounds like an adventure! I'm sure you will make it special!

My DH put lights up this year outside -- for years we didn't do and the kids would just beg us (remember, I'm into simplicity). It's amazing how something so simple as putting lights outside can make a kid happy. LOL. Now I think DH does it to make HIM happy!

Last year we bought a HUGE pre-lit Christmas tree. Can't wait to get it up...and I hope all the lights work!

When does everyone put up their trees?

D.

#78285 - 11/28/05 07:37 PM Re: decorating for Christmas!
Nan Fitz Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
We do the whole cut your own tree thing up near Fraser on the first or second Saturday of Dec. It's a very important part of the Christmas season for us. When the girls were little we often had a newborn foster child along and if it wasn't too cold I'd be carrying an infant snuggled in the front pack while we tromped through the snow! For the last four years we've had at least one baby grandson who stays home with his Tia (Aunt). The couple that stays home fixes a big pot of chili and cornbread so we come home to a nice hot dinner. The little grandsons get a good workout in the snow that day so everyone heads home and puts their tree up the next day.

#78286 - 11/28/05 09:02 PM Re: decorating for Christmas!
chickadee Offline

Two years ago when my grandson , aged three at the time, was visiting, He said "we need to decorate you tree NannyAng." I went to my tool shed, pulled out my chainsaw and sawed down a tree from the backyard. Everything on that tree was hand made by Dylan, with help from me and daughter. I still have it all. Next visit, maybe next year, we'll get a bigger tree and make more decorations.I kept them to show him our memories of shared Christmas's.
chick

#78287 - 11/28/05 09:05 PM Re: decorating for Christmas!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
JJ, don't they make Oreos with a red or green filling for Christmas?

For years I only brought out a tree that I kept covered and decorated in the garage with a garbage bag. Yes, that's right - I didn't even have to decorate it! That has all changed because I take my grandma job very seriously, and have to decorate for my little guy. Last year I bought a pre-lit tree and I love it! I will put it up by this Friday and when Clayton spends the night, he will "help" me decorate. Hopefully, the dogs won't un-decorate!

Decorating for Christmas was a huge deal for my grandma - actually, Christmas was a big deal. She always had a gift for each of her 35 grandchildren, even though she was far from rich. She worked a part time retail job just to buy her gifts. I will strive to give my grandson good memories of our Christmas's, just like she did for me and my siblings.

Daisygirl

#78288 - 11/28/05 09:11 PM Re: decorating for Christmas!
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
We were going to hang the lights yesterday but it rained so had to postpone. I'm looking forward to seeing my decorations again this year. We bought several new ones last year but when my sister in law got sick we didn't enjoy any of it and never put the lights on again so everything will still be like new this year. It will be a melancholy one for sure after losing 2 family members this past year but I think the decorations will help make it a little more festive anyway.

#78289 - 11/28/05 09:16 PM Re: decorating for Christmas!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

You all are bringing out the kid in me. Oh the wonderful memories you have already made for your love ones. KUDOS! My grandmother did the same thing Daisygirl, and my Mother has certainly carried on the tradition. Her tree is always special in some way, and we all participate in decorating it, although we act like we HATE doing it... she knows better and we don't fool anybody. Now that I too have a grandchild, I'm fortunate to see Christmas thru the eyes of a child again, and I'm excited about HER being excited. Did that make sense? And yes, the Oreo's come in colors! Does it get any better than this?

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved