The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 206 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#78245 - 09/12/05 06:33 PM Re: yard art?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I guess he figured it was weather related. What a hoot.

#78246 - 09/12/05 06:46 PM Re: yard art?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dianne, I'm sorry about your mistake.

And Dotsie that is a great story and a great idea about bringing it out every year!

We are redoing our yard and I'm looking for ideas about yard art. the only thing I know that I really want is one of those gazing balls.

#78247 - 09/13/05 12:06 AM Re: yard art?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I've only begun to work on my yard, but the thing I want the most is a fountain. I like the ones that have a boulder with the water coming out of the top.

My house is dark brown stained cedar and my lighting is copper. I want to go with a copper theme in the front, maybe with large copper pots for some plants, etc.

Daisygirl

#78248 - 09/13/05 02:50 AM Re: yard art?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That sounds so pretty Daisygirl and with the beautiful color of alot of the perrenials, oranges, gold and yellows even reds wth the greenery it should look fantastic...I am looking for someone to remove my huge Oleander bushes and put in Lavendar bushes instead. The Oleanders are too big and hard to control and they attract wasps of which I am allergic to bad too, they smell so nice and never need watering to grow lush and full of blossoms....

#78249 - 09/13/05 05:43 PM Re: yard art?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Lavender will attract bees, Chatty. I have a ton of them so I always have a ton of bees too.

#78250 - 09/14/05 07:28 AM Re: yard art?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We are buying a fire pit for our yard this week. My son and his friends like hanging out here on some weekend nights. He asked if we could buy one. Our immediate answer was "yes". We'll do anything to keep them around and safe.

I'm looking forward to picking one out and finding the perfect spot to include comfy chairs to place around it.

Anyone have a fire pit?

Chatty, I know all about bees. Be careful! I was clipping this weekend and all of the sudden it felt like someone had thrown a dart at my neck. Crazy! I never saw the thing coming. It must have been a yellow jacket. I'm still itching a little and have a teeny welt.

TVC, are you planting any gardens?

Daisy, Your home sounds lovely. I like that combination.

#78251 - 09/14/05 03:29 AM Re: yard art?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Oh I'd like to have a pit fire also. I'm with you about keeping the kids home also. The other childrens parents will appreciate it also. It's always nice to know where they are hanging out when they aren't home.

Yes, we are planning alot of gardens around the yard. I've got 3/4 of an acre to fill up. I'm planning a formal herb garden just outside my backdoor. I'm just waiting for the fence to go up before I get started on that. that's where I want to put the gazing ball.

And I want a real rose garden too! All red! I'm planning to put that along the side fence, after the shed goes up.

We also want to plant a few fruit trees in the back. I've already got several fig trees in the front.

I have a small veggie garden this year but next year I'm hoping to expand that.

Everything is waiting for something else to be finished before I can get started.

Right now we are concentrating on the front lawn. In about three or four years, I'll let you know how it all turns out. [Big Grin]

#78252 - 09/14/05 03:48 AM Re: yard art?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
TVC15, that sounds like such a lovely oasis! What a wonderful sanctuary it will be when it's finished.

I have a good friend, actually my "twin" brother (we're not really related but have called ourselves twins since the very first day we met in high school); he lives in North Carolina too and is always telling me about all the wonderful fruit trees and other stuff he can grow in his garden there. Sounds like a little touch of paradise to me!

#78253 - 09/14/05 05:42 PM Re: yard art?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Dotsie, you're such a good mom. You inspire me to do better.

We had a fire pit once and the kids loved it and so did the adults. Great on a cool autumn night.

#78254 - 09/15/05 03:42 AM Re: yard art?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oops, so much for the Lavendar, thanks for that info. I guess it'll be Merrigolds then, all animals and bugs hate those flowering plants. I use to plant them in rows between the vegetables in my garden to keep the critters and bugs away and it works too....Maybe I can locate some creeping ground cover that will be pretty and not attract bees, wasps or hornets.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved