The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#78200 - 09/01/05 10:22 PM leather furniture?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We are thinking about redecorating our den. I'd love to know if anyone has leather furniture. If so, are you happy with it?

#78201 - 09/01/05 10:58 PM Re: leather furniture?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I have it and love it Dotsie. It's easy to clean and stays nice looking for a long time. It's great if you have pets.

#78202 - 09/01/05 11:12 PM Re: leather furniture?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
We don't and wish we did. Our big project for 2006 is redecorating the living room...repainting, crown mouldings, replacing carpet with wood, new lamps and furniture...so we're wondering the same thing about leather. We love the recliner sofa we have now and will find it impossible to not get another one, but might look at getting it in leather this time, depending on the comments you get here.

#78203 - 09/02/05 12:49 AM Re: leather furniture?
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Hey Dotsie,
We avoided leather furniture for years, thinking the kids would trash it. Finally, when they left for college, we bought Colorado cowboy leather, saddle brown and already "distressed." Grandkids have been all over it, and haven't harmed it a bit. Hauled all the pieces,(including an oversized sofa, a loveseat, a chair, and two oversized ottomans all the way from Colorado to Florida. I was convinced it would look weird here, but it has turned out just fine.
The only cautionary notes I have are to make sure you use a good leather cleaner and conditioner (two separate items)faithfully. I make sure I do that once a month. Also, be ver-r-r-y careful about sun fading. I had the chair and one ottoman in a corner by a sliding glass door in my bedroom, but now that all the pieces are back in the living room, there's definitely a color difference.
I wish I'd gone with leather years and years ago.

#78204 - 09/02/05 06:38 PM Re: leather furniture?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Yes, you do need to use the leather cleaner and conditioner but it is so much easier than using upholstery cleaner and when you are finished the leather looks great!
We moved ours across country also with no problems.
And I have 4 cats and a dog, no problems there either. I was always afraid that they would put holes in it, but I've had mine for several years now.

#78205 - 09/02/05 09:17 PM Re: leather furniture?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ah, this is sounder better every day. Thanks for the comments. I'll tell hubby. He's in charge of redecorating the den. It's going to be his room after the kids leave for school.

#78206 - 09/06/05 08:56 PM Re: leather furniture?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I've heard leather was excellent if you have pets. I'm still doing the basics in my house such as flooring, painting and the such, but will definitely look into leather when it's time.

Daisygirl

#78207 - 09/07/05 06:35 AM Re: leather furniture?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have nothing but powder blue and tan Italian leather in my home, its butter soft and as strong as nails. With all the visiting pets coming and going in my home plus my own, its the only thing that makes any sense. Leather can be quit beautiful as well and has no smell you need to use Febreeze on...I love the material. I dress mine up with all kinds of colorful prints on pillows....You can wipe it off with just a warm wet cloth as well... [Wink]

#78208 - 10/06/05 05:30 PM Re: leather furniture?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

We ordered the leather sofa and chair. YOur input really helped. It will take a couple months for it to arrive. I can't stand that. You get all excited and then it takes forever to get here.

Thanks for your help.

#78209 - 10/07/05 10:31 PM Re: leather furniture?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I just want to be in a position to afford it! LOL!

I got rid of my coffin sofa... you know, the one I'm always writing about. You sat down on it and it was so old it would wrap around you like a shroud. I'd had the old thing for 20 years and had it recovered 2 times. It was time. Now I'm down to two recliners and one loveseat. And they look sad.

I wish I had a truck. I would haul off most of the items in this house. Well, okay, maybe not most of them, but a good many!

JJ

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved