The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#77930 - 10/26/05 10:51 PM Re: Samhain
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
No, Dahti,
I didn't write the chant- I'm not sure who did- I've read it in several books and websites.
It reminds me of your book- all beginnings and endings
Danita, when a child searches for a personal belief system I feel like it is a mark of how well they were raised- to think for themselves, to want their own value system instead of just giving lip service to a tradition they feel no comfort in- most "go home" no doubt to their childhood faiths but the ones who most deeply develop a faith they can live areblessed-don't worry about your daughter your values will shine thru her no matter what she practices

#77931 - 10/26/05 11:02 PM Re: Samhain
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Pattyann,
You said that beautifully!

#77932 - 10/27/05 02:10 AM Re: Samhain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Judging Amy had a sory about a Wiccan too and showed how her ex wanted custody of their child and used her beliefs against her. I definitely want to see that Boston Legal. I usually watch it anyhow. Love Denny Crane (William Shatner). Live and let live is my motto and all other cultures and beliefs fascinate me.

#77933 - 10/27/05 03:03 AM Re: Samhain
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chatty,
I love Denny Crane Too! I used to make fun of him when my husband watched Star Trek, but after a while I got into the show (It really had good stories) and now that he's on Boston Legal I think he's perfect for the part!

#77934 - 10/27/05 06:41 PM Re: Samhain
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Danita, it rarely happens, but every now and then one of the youth in our comfirmation class chooses not to unite with the church. These kids are always individuals I respect. It scares some people because they beleive the child is rejecting Jesus. I don't think that's the case. I beleive they are wise, curious, intelligent kids who are interested in delving deeper. Our job is to plant the seeds, not judge the kids. I'd rather have a child come into faith due to their own beliefs, as opposed to inhereting them.

[ October 27, 2005, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#77935 - 10/28/05 07:01 AM Re: Samhain
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dots,

When you have a child like this, you have two choices. One is to grab hold of them and squeeze the life out of them. Or, let them go on their journey, and trust the process.

I've chosen to let her go on her own spiritual journey and trust that she will find what she needs for her life.

She is VERY intuitive and insightful and sensitive.

danita

#77936 - 10/28/05 07:29 AM Re: Samhain
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I agree with you both...it breaks my heart that all of my older children have left the church. I was raised as a bare minimum Catholic - my parents made sure I received the sacraments, but they never took me to church! So I was a very rebellious, sinful teenager. I thought if I raised mine "properly" and without hypocrisy, they'd accept it joyfully. Boy was I wrong! But I knew if I tried to force it on them, they wouldn't "get it" anyway and I pray daily that they will seek God on their own and in their time. I trust that God will not let the prayers and tears of a mother, be in vain.

#77937 - 10/28/05 01:33 AM Re: Samhain
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
For awhile I tried to force religion down my boys throats and so of course they rejected it. I finally stopped and let them alone. For quite sometime my son didn't seem believe in anyhing but then after my grandson was born he started to go to services on his own and now the entire family gets up early every Sunday and goes as a family to services and are all born again Christians. He is even more serious about his faith than I ever was. So sometimes you just have to give them the basics and let them come around (or not) at their own pace. I think I am even prouder that he did it all on his own...

#77938 - 10/28/05 01:40 AM Re: Samhain
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Good for you, Chatty, and for them! [Smile]

#77939 - 10/28/05 02:36 AM Re: Samhain
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sometimes our kids won't listen to us so God sends in another person at the right time.

My daughter got together with and old friend after my son's wedding in AZ. He's a beautiful black man, who is the son of a good friend of mine. He took her out to dinner and gave her a copy of a book he was reading. They agreed to read a chapter a week and talk on the phone. And, she studied it. But, she was having her alcohol problem and didn't feel worthy enough to talk to a friend who was doing so well and was so happy (shame) and she began to pull away.

But, after she checked into detox/rehab, she started calling him and he has been God's instrument in pulling her back into the fold.

He found a church in our area to attend and I went with her. It is mostly African Americans and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had. The music just blew me away and the Pastor is awesome. She now calls it her church, her pastor!

So, we never know. All in God's timing.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved