The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#77820 - 08/31/05 01:13 AM Re: Many beliefs
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Pattyann, I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying. I completely believe in being a goddess...100% and the feminine part of my belief and power in God. I would never judge your beliefs and I'm truly sorry if that's how it sounded.

#77821 - 08/31/05 04:30 AM Re: Many beliefs
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Dotsie,
This looks like a good forum. I have a few questions, though.
I'm wondering how you see it as different from Faith/Religion?
I'm also wondering why its description says "no proselytizing" but it doesn't say this under Faith/Religion?

#77822 - 08/31/05 09:48 PM Re: Many beliefs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DJ, for some reason people weren't posting about other religions in that forum. Perhaps this will be more inclusive.

The only reason it says it here is because Meredith named the forum and suggested the sub-title. Plain and simple.

#77823 - 08/31/05 11:20 PM Re: Many beliefs
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Dianne,
Now that I've calmed down a wee bit and got my sense of humor back I feel better
But let me ask- if you or I had gone under one of the religion forums or the bible verse one and said- ah the Jesus factor- I've come to grips with that and now I've declared I'm Pattyann lord and savior of the loaves and fishes what kind of hate would that cause- I would never do that that it is so disrespectful- so why would anyone be surprised at my reaction
Wicca is a recognized religion ny the US government- my son who is in the military and is sworn to uphold the constitution giving us all freedom of speech and religion has wiccan on his dogtags so that should goddess forbid something happen to him he will be sustained by a chaplain of our faith and one will inform me and his wife and children
I am a witch I will share my faith and the celebration of it but I would never try to convert
I just ask that I be given the same respect as I give others.
I thought this was a safe and accepting place-yesterday I did not feel that way- whether it was that I was just kerflunked in my own head or whatever what was said hit me so hard, crazy, joyful pagans have feelings too [Razz]
Today I am ready to try again
I hope I don't sound like I'm yelling Dianne- it's ok

#77824 - 08/31/05 11:36 PM Re: Many beliefs
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Pattyann, I'm glad you're back. I believe that this still is a safe, respecting and accepting place, and that your voice is vital, and beloved.

Sometimes it will take time - and patience on everyone's part - for us to become familiar with the terminology and sensitivities of the various belief systems that we're going to encounter within these halls.

I for one embrace that learning, but until I'm further along in my understanding, will probably fumble my words and not always know how to express things in the most correct and least offensive way. I beg others to be patient with each other and trust that most of us are not EVER intentionally being disrespectful in our use of the words that are important in another person's faith systems.

For what it's worth, I think yesterday was a very weird day here. Maybe it had to do with our fear and concerns for those caught in the hurricane's devastation.

#77825 - 09/01/05 12:25 AM Re: Many beliefs
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I love that this forum was created. I am so interested in learning about all of the different faiths and beliefs.
I have read much about Wicca and find it so interesting. I am glad that Patty Ann is here to tell us about her wonderful religion.
I think people find it frightening because they don't understand that it has nothing to do with Devil worship. From what I've read it has mostly to do with nature.
Patty Ann please tell me if I have this right.

#77826 - 09/01/05 12:38 AM Re: Many beliefs
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I too appreciate this topic. I like to know about other religions.

I am personally acquainted with my God and I know His power in my life.

As I tell my friends of other religions, I believe my prayers to my God will be answered for them by their god.

I guess I just figure all the gods and religions in the world have some sort of extensive communication system kind of like homeland security or the internet or something.

Works for me.
smile

#77827 - 09/01/05 12:44 AM Re: Many beliefs
TVC15 Offline

Very well put, Smile!

#77828 - 09/01/05 01:22 AM Re: Many beliefs
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
TVC15
Yes wicca is a nature based practice- we believe that we must nuture and cherish the earth- in fact GAIA- is the earth and many consider Gaia the goddess
The wheel of our year is based on the seasons- we are now in harvest- a time to reap what you have sowen-not just garden wise but in your own personal works
We do not worship Satan- in fact we do not believe in a devil or a hell
We belive in personal responsibilty and in learning and finding our own strengths within
We are a very celebratory bunch, we come together with food and wine . We decorate our homes with wreaths and sheaves of corn around about the first day of autumn
The wiccan faith is the second growth faith in the US next to mormonism.
And yes, yesterday was a very hard day Smile- tho miles and miles away from Katrina my heart ached in such utter sadness for people who are lost now
We all need to join together in whatever faith we have to send our prayers and energy to too many in desperate need

#77829 - 09/01/05 02:17 AM Re: Many beliefs
TVC15 Offline

Thank you for the information on your religion Patty Ann.
I join you in praying for the victims of Katrina.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved