The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#77645 - 05/05/06 12:47 AM Your pets will love you for this!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Fleas and ticks HATE the smell of vinegar and will scurry away from it as fast as possible. You can keep these pests off your pets in the coming days by spraying them with a simple solution of vinegar and warm water. Spray and just rub it in. It's safe, cheap and very effective....

#77646 - 05/05/06 01:08 AM Re: Your pets will love you for this!
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Chatty, I also read somewhere that adding a bit of vinegar to their water bowls would help with fleas/ticks--can you shed any light on that idea?

#77647 - 05/05/06 01:11 AM Re: Your pets will love you for this!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

S.O., I haven't heard that but I do spray the pen in the yard where they are kept when outdoors as well as their beds. Don't worry because when the mixture drys the smell is neglegible. Vinegar is goor for our animals as well as ourselves, so I'd say try ot and see if they'll drink the water.

#77648 - 05/06/06 08:02 PM Re: Your pets will love you for this!
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I have been adding 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to my dog's water bowls for 10 years now...it also helps keep their breath fresh... [Smile]

#77649 - 05/07/06 01:33 AM Re: Your pets will love you for this!
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
doesn't this give them the runs! arrrghh!

when I take apple cider vinegar - it, ah, get's my system moving. Quite nicely, I might add.

d.

#77650 - 05/07/06 02:52 AM Re: Your pets will love you for this!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

It shouldn't give them the trots unless given too much all at once. I think taking a bit of vinegar Danita is a clever and healthful way to cleanse the system. When growing older sometimes people experience a change in the consistancy of their movements and have serious constipation issues.

#77651 - 07/07/06 02:38 PM Re: Your pets will love you for this! [Re: chatty lady]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Chatty, I am curious about the vinger/water solution to prevent fleas/ticks on our pets. Do you have to do this daily? I use the Vet's line of flea & tick products such as advantage & frontline. They really hate having this put on. I am all for a natural & cheaper way of helping my furry friends rid themselves of those pesky fleas. Ya'll talked about doing the vinger spray to dogs, but does it work on cats too?.....Or does it just make them.....ummmm, a sour puss! I'm afraid my cats would shred me to bits if I came after them with a sprayer. I've become a pretty good expert at giving pills to cats over the years, if I had too, but getting them wet...I dunno!

#77652 - 07/07/06 07:56 PM Re: Your pets will love you for this! [Re: Cookie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You can do the spraying once a week, that should do the trick Cookie and it will keep them fresh and clear of pests. As far as the cat goes what I have tried with some success was to mix a small bowl of the liquids and sit on the floor or sofa and use a cotton ball to dab it onto the cat while petting and rubbing her. It doesn't have to cover every inch BUT get around the head and neck first and also the tail and under the tail. Most cats will tolerate this just fine....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#77653 - 07/08/06 03:34 PM Re: Your pets will love you for this! [Re: chatty lady]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Thanks Chatty! I am certainly gonna give that a try.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved