The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#77330 - 08/15/05 04:30 AM Herbs
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Grow your own herbs in pots or in a planter in the kitchen. In addition to convenience for cooking, they add a wonderful decorator touch.

To store fresh herbs, lay them out on a paper towel in the refrigerator to dry, then store whole in air tight containers. Never cut or chop until you are ready to use them.

Watch here for all kinds of helpful hints and hopefully some of you have some too we could benefit from. [Wink]

[ August 14, 2005, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#77331 - 08/17/05 10:26 PM Re: Herbs
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Chatty,
I'm sure this has been asked and answered somewhere along the way here, but I need homeopathic help and maybe you can give me some ideas. Between menopause, stress and anxiety disorder, I'm a bit of a mess. I took paxil for a couple of years w/ great results but i suddenly started to develop symptoms that were dangerous so had to wean off. I was fine for awhile but with increased stress etc, I'm starting to have anxiety trouble again and am fearful of another SSRI. I know that St. John's Wort is often recommended but so far it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Kathryn

#77332 - 08/18/05 06:45 AM Re: Herbs
canuck Offline

Loc: Canada
http://www.autogenics.net/

This is all all natural, no pills, just a little will power needed to do it regularly. I did it starting years ago for migraines and low and behold, it worked. It was also more recently 'prescribed' by a psychologist for an anxiety disorder.... try it you'll like it... check more sites on google

#77333 - 08/18/05 06:46 AM Re: Herbs
canuck Offline

Loc: Canada
oops, good luck !

#77334 - 08/18/05 01:34 PM Re: Herbs
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to admit that when I felt I was going into menopause, my periods stopped and that was that, I began taking one Wild Yam Root capsule daily and never experienced any of the symptons of menopause. Indians take it gathering it wild and say it is the answer to many of the ailments of menopause. I took it, breezed on through so am not the person to give advice. I do read everything however and could. I would go onto the internet, type in Menopausal symptoms and natural cures and see what comes up. If nothing does then ask me again and I'll send you what I have....I'm sure some of the other women here will give you their ideas....

#77335 - 08/18/05 10:02 PM Re: Herbs
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chatty
I just started a kitchen window herb garden last week!
I wanted to be sure to have some fresh herbs on hand this winter. I agree it is attractive and useful!

#77336 - 08/20/05 09:18 PM Re: Herbs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kathryn, I take Yasmin, a low dose of the birth control pill. My doctor prescribed it for cramps and excessive bleeding. Not only did it take care of those symptoms, but it has helped my mood tremendously. She shared that I should take it until I no longer have perimenopausal symptoms during my week of taking the placebos. I get hot flashes during that week and by the end of the week I begin feeling a little anxious and moody. You might want to mention it to your gyn.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved