The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#77311 - 07/29/05 05:00 PM A hint for Dotsie
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I've been thinking.... I know Dangerous. But we have all been talking Oprah on here forever. Well, last night in bed, I was thinking about the site and Dotsie, us etc. and I thought "Why can't Dotsie be our Oprah of Boomerwomen?"

Dotsie, why don't you start a talk show? You can do everything that Oprah is doing and you will never run out of topics, we don't here. I don't know if you would have to travel to the Big Apple or Hollywood, just do it in Maryland and let them pick it up by satellite(I don't know techie stuff)
I dusted off the younger brain and got the older (You can do anything) brain in gear yesterday...I think it's gonna get me in more trouble than I'm worth. [Frown]

Oh yeah, and I need a high paying job.
No, it's not my hidden agenda...well not really [Wink]

Well,why not...The guru of Baby Boomers has to be heard, and why not on TV...If it's good enough for O it's good enough for you, Dotsie.
You could always promote your upcoming show on "National TV"...don't forget!!!

chick (with less braindust than yesterday)

#77312 - 07/29/05 06:31 PM Re: A hint for Dotsie
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chick...That was such an awesome BRAINWAVE...DOTSIE, did you read this? What can we do to help???

#77313 - 07/29/05 06:55 PM Re: A hint for Dotsie
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, what a fun idea. I wouldn't know how to go about that, but it interests me. I'd love nothing more than to have the opportunity to promote all my boomer buds.

I need to stay focused on this antional association for now, but will definitely keep this thought in mind.

FYI- once I get this association launched, I am going to work at the Oprah thing. I'm researching the best way to go about it...and learning too! There is a time for everything...and it's always God's perfect timing.

Chick, thanks for thinking of me. That's sweet. I love how we carry one another with us throughout our days. I do it so often!

#77314 - 07/29/05 09:31 PM Re: A hint for Dotsie
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yuhooooo....

Would you believe my calendar shows I'm free to do TV? Well, whatdayaknow...ain't that sompen?

Now, you just let me know Dots when you need da Queen here, k? And da Trixster sends her love too.

Queen of ready...

JJ

#77315 - 07/30/05 04:49 AM Re: A hint for Dotsie
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Chickadee you are a treasure! [Wink] All it takes if that first idea and who knows what can be acomplished.

#77316 - 07/30/05 11:13 AM Re: A hint for Dotsie
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
chickadee, this is a fantastic idea!

Dotsie, you can always start with a local show on cable which would OF COURSE be picked up nationally in no time flat. [Cool]

#77317 - 07/31/05 12:52 AM Re: A hint for Dotsie
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Chicadee

What a wonderful idea! I think Dotsie would be a marvelous producer and host for her own show. The most amazing thing about satellite would be that she could be unique, able to promote unique ideas with her own stamp instead of following strict guidelines that regular television promotes to keep advertisers happy.

Dotsie
Good luck with your Association! What a wonderful idea! You keep blessing all the women with your talent and energy and I am most thankful that there are women like you who keep moving forward to bring about more goodness and light to this world!

With love
Leigha

#77318 - 07/31/05 04:18 AM Re: A hint for Dotsie
chickadee Offline

Dotsie you could ask Oprah to be your "mentor" while you are getting your hit talk show off the ground...I think Oprah would be honored to help. She did it for Dr. Phil...She is an amazing lady, like you Dotsie.
Ladies and Gent...Ladies...Heeerrree's Dotsie.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Audience
(I'm the second one on the left, next to all the boomer sisters.)Moh(my other half) is on the inside...he believes in us too. Hands off girls-he's mine [Wink] (hence against THE WALL)

chick

[ July 30, 2005, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#77319 - 07/31/05 06:07 AM Re: A hint for Dotsie
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks all for the kind words of encouragement. I'm calling Oprah right now to ask her to mentor me. HA!

#77320 - 07/31/05 06:07 AM Re: A hint for Dotsie
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oops, anyone have her number?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved