The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#75122 - 11/05/05 08:42 AM Re: Join me!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, she is all of the above! Peaceful to boot! There's also a woman in the class that reminded me of Danita. I met Danita this summer, but I didn't get a chance to chat with this woman yet. I plan to.

#75123 - 11/04/05 09:03 PM Re: Join me!
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
When Tim McGraw's song came out "Live Like You Were Dying," I took it to heart. I have tried many new things this year that I can add to my "I"ve done that" list. From going to the top of the Eiffel Tower to eating raw fish. Ugh.

I even roda mechanical bull. Not very long, but hey at least I tried!

Sherri

#75124 - 11/04/05 11:06 PM Re: Join me!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Sherri, did I mention that my neighbor is one of the cowriters on that song? He's the nicest man.

#75125 - 11/05/05 07:14 AM Re: Join me!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Today I noticed that we have a new dive shop in my town. I'm thinking of signing up for classes. I've always wanted to do it and it would be pretty convenient. The only problem is I'd have to put a bathing suit on in public - oh well, a good excuse to diet.

Thanks for the inspiration Dianne!

Daisygirl

#75126 - 11/05/05 09:44 AM Re: Join me!
mellodysmiles Offline

Loc: Redding, CA
Daisygirl,
Go for it. I was fortunate enough to go scuba diving in Kaui and I would do it again in a second. One of the most wonderful and peaceful experiences of my life. I would scuba over snorkel any day of the week. Gee, can you tell I like scuba? LOL [Big Grin]

#75127 - 11/05/05 06:45 PM Re: Join me!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
One day I sat down and made a list of all the things I had done or learned since childhood. It began with dancing lessons...

If you do this, you will be amazed at how much you've done. My list blew me away!

#75128 - 11/05/05 09:46 PM Re: Join me!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
What a great idea Dianne... just reading all the post made my white-water rafting trip stick out in my mind. I don't like heights, and I am deathly afraid of fish and other things that swim in the water (I saw JAWS)and so WWR was something I would have NEVER tried. EVER. You need to go back and read that sentence again because honey, trust me, you couldn't have PAID me to get in a canoe and try this.

However, being the Queen of Experiences, you knowwwwww something happened to change all that, right? Rightttt. I took four young boys up in the middle of nowhere in Tennessee where every freakin' body goes to do the WWR. Well, one of the four was my youngest, whom I still call the baby. So, when it came time for "the baby" and his friends (all 13 years old) to walk down the longgggg ramp to the water and load into the canoes, Mamma went with them. I wanted to make sure that my son had the proper equipment, safety belt or whatever it was they needed. He was mortified, I din't give a rip, I wanted my son safe.

After the nice young man helped them in, he turned to me. I said, "nu uh... I don't do WWR." He said, "Oh yes you do. Starting now. Nooooobody goes back up the ramp. If you come this far, you leave one way, and that's in the canoe." After much todo, and manhandling, he and two other strapping young snots force---ah, helped me in the canoe...

Ladies, it was the ride of my life and I rode them three more times. What a rush!

JJ

#75129 - 11/07/05 08:43 AM Re: Join me!
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
JJ I did the New River in WV and it was awesome! We actually jumped out and did one of the rapids without the raft!

#75130 - 11/07/05 02:12 AM Re: Join me!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well there was no canoe involved but when living in Colorado my two sons and a local policeMAN friend of mine went tubing, thats right, with large truck innertubs beneath our butts we went literally sailing down the rapids. These rapids were on the sides of the highway and only about 8 feet wide but sail down them we did about a mile a minute. We did that many times while living there...I know what you mean JJ about a rush...whew!!! [Big Grin]

#75131 - 11/07/05 02:21 AM Re: Join me!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Chatty, was that on the Arkansas River?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved