The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#75094 - 08/17/05 07:55 AM Quick Books?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Does anyone use Quick Books? I took a four hour class on a recent Saturday on how to set it up and begin using the software. I think I've decided to let someone else set it up for me. I feel a little intimidated. Anyone in here donet he set up alone? I'd love to hear if it was the breeze my instructor tried to lead me to believe.

#75095 - 08/16/05 10:59 PM Re: Quick Books?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I have worked with it some. I found the biggest help was having all the info at the ready when setting up banking info--I found it to be hard to go back to add things later. Once you get accounts and files entered, adding daily entries goes pretty quick. I'll keep you in prayer....

#75096 - 08/22/05 05:39 PM Re: Quick Books?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Starting over, thanks. I plan on instituting it January 1, 2006. I also intend to have someone set it up for me. [Big Grin]

#75097 - 09/08/05 11:47 AM Re: Quick Books?
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Dotsie-I used it when I worked for a gift company a few years ago. It is really easy to use once you get used to it and not easy to delete anything so you should be pleased with it!

#75098 - 09/20/05 09:16 PM Re: Quick Books?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Dotsie,

The hardest part is just jumping in and doing it. I had an accountant who had a nervous breakdown (not because of Quickbooks!) and I had to jump in to do her work and mine too.

It was pretty easy to do. If you have someone to set you up, it will be a piece of cake.

My husband started using Quickbooks a decade ago after constant bickering over his books. I kept them and his notes and scratch marks meant nothing to me. Not to mention the time it took. So he started using Quickbooks and I ask for a profit and loss statement at the end of the year to do taxes and I really don't hear another word about it. It has been a godsend in our home life.

You will do great. Just make sure whoever sets it up, sets it up your way so that your logical thinking will be in place and you won't have to work it as "another person thinks". Does this make sense?

:Lynn

#75099 - 09/21/05 02:21 AM Re: Quick Books?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynn, yes it makes sense. I've decided to wait until January. I'm going to have soemone set it up for me. Then I think it will be a piece of cake.

Glad to hear how well it works for your household. Hmm, I should probably do it for the house too, and not the business only. Oh boy...

#75100 - 09/23/05 10:36 PM Re: Quick Books?
777shar Offline

Loc: Daytona, Florida
I would definitely let someone else set it up for me, or your butt would get too sore--plus you can take full advantage of all of the features, just make sure it is the right person, if you get my drift. You already have enough on your plate besides, in your case it would be a write-off--or check online with people at microsoft.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved