The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#75043 - 05/21/05 05:17 PM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Praying for you now, Smile.

#75044 - 05/21/05 05:49 PM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Got you covered SMILES...let us know how it goes, won't you?

JJ

#75045 - 05/22/05 04:29 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Smiles,

Praying for you!

Worm? Do tell. =)

And speaking of bumping into microphones, my six year old Kayleigh did that Tuesday in their Kindergarten graduation play on her solo, and kept going. I was so proud of her, but will still hold onto the tape for teenager-with-date blackmail. [Big Grin]

#75046 - 05/22/05 05:07 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Thank you all so much for your prayers. God came through with another miracle.

The whole thing went much better than I could ever have imagined. Attendance was the best of any of the more 'intellectual' presentations. Everyone wrote at least part of a song and every body we could fit in to our time slot sang their song. That's always the iffy part and today it worked like a charm.
The folks who ran the conference had to come in and throw us all out because everyone was having so much fun and we went over time.
Several people wanted me to do it at another conference, but I think I'm hanging up my speaker hat for a while. It was a fun day.

Thanks again girls. You're all the greatest.
smile
P.S. The worm is Bugsy Bookworm. He's a puppet I made for last year's conference. He was named by Chatty and he is operated by my husband. His eyes light up when he learns to read and the kids love him. Dallas sounds like your daughter handled everything like a pro.

[ May 21, 2005, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#75047 - 05/22/05 05:41 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Glad you had a good day. I am sorry I couldn't be there. Why are you hanging up your speaker hat, Smile?
The Book worm sounds like fun for the kids.
Dallas, your daughter sounds like a natural.

chick

#75048 - 05/31/05 07:25 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dallas, I love your thinking...teenage date blackmail. What fun!

Smile, I also want to know why you're hanging up your teaching hat. I get this feeling you're personality brings magic to a crowd. Why stop when you have that gift?

#75049 - 06/01/05 07:20 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Smile: I'm so glad it all went well. How I wish I could be there! You have a great talent. Why not continue using it [Confused] ?

God bless!

#75050 - 05/31/05 11:12 PM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Smile? Are you just taking a break or hanging up your hat for good?

Sounds like you have a natural gift.

Re: Kayleigh - she is Sanquine meets Chloeric to the core and beautiful to boot - yep, she is a natural speaker.

#75051 - 05/31/05 11:57 PM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
maryanne stahl Offline

Loc: Savannah
Hi.

I teach "Beginning the Novel" at Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah, and I enjoy it very much. I've taught lots of freshman comp over the years and some lit, but I enjoy the adult ed most (though it pays next to nothing).

But starting August 1 I will have a FULL TIME TEACHING JOB at a small private school, teaching English and creative writing to Middle School and High School.

Can anyone help? I have never taught anything below college or adults before. I'm excited but scared!

#75052 - 06/02/05 02:23 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Just found out I'm teaching at Concord University this Autumn; I taught in Autumn 04 semester and absolutely loved it! My topic is Tourism Promotions: How to Develop a Tourism Trail and I teach the students how to make money once they leave university.

I'm teaching at the 13th Annual Small Farm Today Conference in MO in November. Basically my university course in 3 hours.

I'd like to teach more; I really enjoy teaching.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved