The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#75019 - 05/09/05 06:14 PM Anyone teaching, or speaking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
If so, what are your topics, or classes?

If not, what would you like to teach?

#75020 - 05/10/05 08:44 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I've been teaching a lot recently for some reason.
I've taught Dramatic Story Structure several times, Poetry Types and Structure here and there, Grammar in Fiction, Active to Passive Verbs, and Songwriting for Non-musicians. I'm working on a thing for writing a Bible based Creativity plan.

I'm teaching the Songwriting thing again in a few weeks for a large group and boy do I ever need prayer.

What are you doing Dotsie?
Inquiring Boomers want to know.
smile

#75021 - 05/10/05 04:47 PM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Songwriting for non-musicians sounds interesting, cool... [Wink] like the perfect class for me. I've never taken a songwriting class and I am not a musician.

[Smile] I'll be praying for you, Smile!

#75023 - 05/12/05 06:56 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Erica Miner Offline

Loc: Southern CA
I've been teaching and workshopping all aspects of Journaling, for writers group, bookstores and the Learning Annex (the latter starting this summer.) I never realized how much of a demand there was for this topic, but the response has been great. So many people would like to Journal but are lacking motivation and inspiration. That's my job, to provide them with that 'spark.' Whenever I get comments like, 'I stopped Journaling and couldn't find the motivation to go back to it until I heard you speak' - that is MY inspiration!

#75024 - 05/14/05 06:14 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Boy, my thoughts on the subject are quite a bit different than those shared here.

I am considering taking courses to become a certified teacher.

I have been a business administrator for 25 years now and thought I might like teaching it on the high school level. I don't have the time left to earn a doctorate and teach ont he college level.

The change of venue might be a real kick.

I also here the pension isn't bad although I am running out of time for that so I better hurry.

What do you all think about a mid life or later in life change like that?

Given less pay?

Lynn

#75025 - 05/14/05 06:29 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I like to attend classes, not teach them! Always open to learning.

#75027 - 05/14/05 08:19 PM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Smile, you have such diverse interests, and are blessed in every area. You go girl.

Song, I've heard your CD. You don't need classes girlfriend.

Speaker, good for you to share your knowledge of writing. Do you teach parenting classes? I did when the kids were little. I loved it. That's when our prayer group developed. Some of the gals taking the class decided we needed to pray for our families. We've been meeting Monday mornings when school is in session for maybe 13 years.

Erica, how long have you journaled? What do you do with all your journals? What are you going to have someone do with them when you die? I just had this conversation with a friend yesterday. I'm passionate about prayer and journaling. I don't know where I would be without either.

Lynn, life's about passion. I know you aren't happy with your current job and boss. Read this article in Time this week and then go for it!

http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101050516/story.html

#75028 - 05/14/05 08:43 PM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Hi, all,
I am seeing there are so many talented and intelligent women here, pursuing their own interestes, and this is truly inspiring to me.
Lynn...in my mid 30's I went back to school for my teaching certificate. I started teaching full time around the age of 40. I teach middle school art, grades 6,7,8. I love it, and I can tell you, from my perspective, that teaching allows time for other pursuits, as in my case, creating my own art. Since you are a gifted writer, you would have time for that also.
ARI

#75030 - 05/17/05 07:23 AM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I recently taught a church at class titled, "Finding Your Golden Nugget of Faith". It was offered through our Adult Education programs. It was a three week course instructing people on how to fit Christianity into their already busy schedules. I had a good time preparing and teaching.

I would love to begin speaking about boomer women. Another thing to add to my to do list.

Ari, our public school system has excellent Art curriculum. I am always amazed at the work the kids are capable of creating with guidance. Do you like your job? Wow, middle school is a tough time for kids. Do you become involved in their private lives?

#75031 - 05/16/05 09:28 PM Re: Anyone teaching, or speaking
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Well Dotsie, thanks for the vote of confidence in me regarding songwriting!

[Cool] I'm glad to learn there are so many talented women here.

[Razz] As a girl I dreamed of becoming a teacher. I teach a sabbath school class for 10-12 year olds each week. I've always been a sabbath school teacher, varying ages. But my favorite is juniors and teens.

[Cool] But seems like lately I'm spending more time one on one, ministering to women...

[Wink] I'm also considering and preparing for a writer's workshop for women in church who want to write for the devotional book. Not sure when that will take place yet, but since they've seen my devotional articles and other things I write, many have asked so I'm getting ready and hope to have it on my calendar soon.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved