The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#74996 - 02/18/05 01:26 AM On Line Classes
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Anybody out there besides me ever take any on-line classes? I have taken two. Both were on grant writing. One was absolutely fabulous! Way more than my money's worth. The other was good, but I was tempted to edit it and send it back to her. Any one else try it on line yet?

#74997 - 02/18/05 01:44 AM Re: On Line Classes
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi U, no I haven't but I know students who have. I'd love to take a class on grant writing so I can learn to get funds for my burgeoning foundation. Plus, doing grant writing on a contract basis is a good way to make money. If you ever want to send me the link, I'll check it out. When I went back to college in my 40's I had to take a ped101 class. Although I'd already had that my first time in college in the 1970's, the next college would not consider the transfer and I had to start PED anew. I even wrote a letter requesting lifetime experience in yoga, etc, but the response was no, "yoga is not in keeping with the social benefits of our PED department." What social benefits? These required courses are full to the brim, and every other student was young enough to be my child. It was torture to show up for the class 3 times a week. The next semester, a friend of mine my age, was able to take the PED lecture via on line, and choose a coordinating activity, like golf. For her, the on line version was great, and the best way to take a class from home. Do you do any work with grant writing? I learned a little as a social work student. LLL

#74998 - 02/18/05 03:00 AM Re: On Line Classes
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I have done a little work with grant writing. I have always wanted to try, because I think I can. It's not like writing a story, or a poem or anything else because even if you 'made it all up', unless you submit it, you'll never know if you're any good at it. What would happen if they liked my proposal and wanted to fund me? Good grief! [Eek!] I don't think the funding agency would take it too well if I told them, "I made it all up" just to practice. Check out www.ed2go.com
My local community college participates, (I really don't know how it all works)and I saw it through their catalog, and that's where I sent my payment. But I had people in my classes from all over the country and I believe there were some from Canada as well. One of my classes was 'Becoming a Grant Writing Consultant' with Beverly Browning. Top notch! My next class is going to be about editing. (As soon as I get a few dinero not otherwise obligated [Razz] )

#74999 - 02/18/05 03:08 AM Re: On Line Classes
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
I recommend www.ed2go.com, too. I took Eva Shaw's writing classings, which were wonderful. I'm still in contact with several "classmates".

The lessons and interaction were well done.

Di

#75000 - 02/19/05 12:12 AM Re: On Line Classes
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Here's a link to accredited institutions that have online classes through Apollo Schools. What I enjoy most about this particular institution is that if a student needs to transfer or decides to go traditional, that student wont loose credits.

I work for one of their educational facilities, Cardinal Stritch University. I plan on relocating in the very near future. Once I get a bit more time in, I can transfer schools and work! Goodie-goodie!

#75001 - 04/26/05 09:49 PM Re: On Line Classes
icequeen Offline

Loc: Toronto
Hello,
I never got all my credits for my gr.12. I live in Canada and have not found an appropriate site to get the credits I need to finish. If anyone knows of a course of site, I would love to hear from you?
Sincerely,

#75002 - 04/26/05 10:11 PM Re: On Line Classes
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Amber, have you tried doing a Google search for high school equivalency exam? That might work.

#75003 - 04/26/05 10:43 PM Re: On Line Classes
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I recommend Liberty University's External Degree Program. www.liberty.edu

I really enjoyed their program for undergraduate Psychology.

I believe they have business, psychology, education, religion and a few other degree plans open to EDP students.

#75004 - 04/27/05 11:32 PM Re: On Line Classes
icequeen Offline

Loc: Toronto
Thanks for the suggestion, I will give them a try.
Icequeen

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved