The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#74982 - 06/16/06 08:02 PM Staples in the Cable
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I thought I'd share this just in case someone else out there finds it helpful. For the past month, my Internet connection and telephone have been crapping out. Despite a good background in being a computer/hardware tech, all my jiggling and troubleshooting made no difference - there was no rhyme or reason for the sudden disconnections and then the sudden reconnections. I figured it was a cable problem, but couldn't find the source.

The cable guys finally came today (my phone was out all morning and part of Wednesday too). They jiggled the cable - in a place I never thought to jiggle it - and everything immediately came back. Duh. But in their investigation, they found that the guys who ran the cable back in the fall had stapled it all along the wall and around the door - two of the staples went right through the cable. The cable guy this morning told me that that alone would have been enough to cause these intermittent losses of signal.

Time will tell if this has resolved this problem, but who would ever have thought that a tiny staple could cause all this aggravation!

#74983 - 06/16/06 08:16 PM Re: Staples in the Cable
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wow...I never would have thought of that. We'll all be watching and waiting to hear if you're problem is solved. Wouldn't that be something? To have a thing like that be the prob?

Can we now call the cable guy, .... you ready?

The Stablizer?

JJ

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved