The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#74581 - 06/19/06 04:37 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
ps -- Hannelore, have a wonderful summer! Check in whenever you can but know we are thinking kind thoughts of you!

JJ

#74582 - 06/19/06 06:07 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
JJ you are sooo sweet, I just had to say that before signing off. All your mails, to other members as well, seem so genuinely sincere; they come from the heart...You've made me smile and sometimes giggle dozens of times. Here's sending you a hug over that big blue ocean.

#74583 - 06/19/06 06:45 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hello Hannelore,

I hope you have a great summer! It is hard for me to stay online in the summertime. I like to sit out on the deck and read, write and just do some bird watching. Perhaps imagine that I am at those outdoor cafes on the Haupstrasse, LOL. Or having a drink in the Mandraki Harbor in my hometown of Rhodes, LOL. I can dream can't I?

Virginia Beach is alright. It has changed since I moved here about 10 years ago. We have a mayer that seems to love the developers and it is getting a bit crowded now. For example, the one beach I liked going to had a really nice cozy seafood restaurant. It is now a high rise condo and the only ones that can enjoy the view of the ocean are the residence. This is something that saddens me. The weather seems to be getting hotter and more humid each year. Or perhaps it is my hot flashes, LOL. But at the same time, it is home now and in my belief, it is what one makes it out to be.

Thanks for letting me know how some things have changed in Germany. I am glad to hear that they have loosened up a bit on the businesses. I had a friend that had a nice boutique in downtown Heidelberg. She eventually sold it because she didn't like the fact that she couldn't service her customers the way she wanted to. It would be nice for her now.

Anyway, have a great summer.

Cheers,
Cathi

#74584 - 06/19/06 06:54 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
JJ, I would love to go to Yellowstone Park. In fact, there are so many places to go in the USA. You are right about documentaries, it seems that they never really do a place justice. What they need is Da Queen to spice them up a bit. I am serious.

Cheers,
Cathi

#74585 - 06/19/06 09:27 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Honey, I had that exact idea a year or so ago but couldn't find a sponsor. I would love to pack up da Trixster and head state to state and give an account of all of the great places to visit!

Remember the "Where's Wally?" Well, this would have been, "Where's da Queen?" Only most people would probably have renamed it, "Where's da Royal Pain?"

I even wanted a trike (3-wheel motorcycle) and a side car for Trixie. All painted purple (royal) with my book title on it, and of course, BOOMER WOMEN SPEAK! I would have a small trailer carried behind it containing my books and sell them along the way. Can't you just see the TV and radio's in each town picking up on the fun, "Where's da Queen today?" Kinda like tracking Santa...same size, that is...

Sigh........................$$$ [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

JJ

#74586 - 06/20/06 03:34 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ah Queen, as you know the US weather is unpredictable for the most part and I would much prefer to see you in a purple motor home with a huge picture of you in your crown painted on the sides, with writing in large gold letters Boomer Women Speak and of course a smaller (sorry trixster) picture of the dog being pulled along on the long train of your robes....Picture that!!! We can't have our royal 'whatever' dripping wet in the rain, frozen from the cold or dry and shrivelled from the heat. And left the best part for last, every Queen needs a servant or in this case a driver, will a chippendale with a pocket full of Oreo's do???

#74587 - 06/20/06 04:42 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ladies, pardon my french here, but Damn Chatty! I love the way you think! LOL! Sign me up!

Hannelore - that was such a sweet thing to say! All the women here (yourself included) are like sisters to me except we don't swap clothes. I love you all dearly.

We look forward to your return and I bet you'll have lots to share with us from your time away from the forums. Do drop in if you can!

JJ

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved