The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#74541 - 06/07/06 11:38 AM Which title would you pick up to read?
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
After two years of writing, I finished a contemporary romance - mystery novel. I've been trying to get this book on the market since 2004. Not one agent even requested to read the manuscript.
But I ain't givin' up!
I'm still not sure which title sounds better. I sure would appreciate it, if some of you could let me know which book, in other words, which title, you'd pick up in a book store, to just flip through ? Here are the choices:
RUN MELANIE RUN
HALF-MOON SHADOWS
THE ROAD NOT TAKEN
TO THOSE WHO LOVE US BEST
or none of the above . That's okey, I can take it
[Smile]
Thanks ever so much.

#74542 - 06/07/06 04:14 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Hi Hannelore.....I kind of like "Half-Moon Shadows" - it sounds intriguing!

Have you any publishers in mind to submit your manuscript to? Avalon does romances - I just finished a book by a friend of mine, Constance Sprague, that was published by them called "Tall Order". Having an agent is a nice "plus" and saves a lot of time since they know who's looking for what - but you can be successful without an agent too. I wish you a lot of luck!

By the way, my husband and I are taking a Rhine River cruise August 26th through September 3rd starting in Basel and ending in Amsterdam. How will the weather be there that time of year???? Just want to make sure and bring the right clothes for the trip. Thanks!

#74543 - 06/07/06 06:00 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I agree with Pam, Half-Moon Shadows leaves a little more for the imagination. Good luck with it!

#74544 - 06/07/06 10:25 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I like Half Moon Shadows too.. very dark and intriguing. Mysterious.

#74545 - 06/07/06 11:19 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Edelweiss Offline

Thank you all for your opinions.
I'm thrilled that real live authors chat here under the Baby Boomer site.
Because I live in Germany, I don't have any opportunity to join a writer's club, at least an English-speaking writer's club. My American friends have all returned to the states. Most of my German friends speak English, but still I think you have to be an American to appreciate my book.
I'm really craving for feedback, since no one on this planet, other than yours truly, has read my novel. I'm looking for an editor. Could anyone of you recommend a female editor to me?
Thanks so much, and I plan to stick with the title; Half Moon Shadows.

#74546 - 06/07/06 11:35 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Edelweiss Offline

Hello Pam,
You will just love the Rhine river cruise. Will you be there for the Rhine fireworks? Weather-wise we have had a terrible rainy spring, and summer beginning..but I think that is over with. The clouds look exhausted. .-) Usually the weather is hot in August, and we have been having beautiful warm Septembers the past years. In the evening it can get cool, so it doesn't harm any to have a windbreaker with you.
I sent Avalon my query. My book is too long for them; 98,000 words. But thanks for the tip anyway. I'm going to check your book out on Amazon...and probably order it.

"He is a good storyteller who can turn a man's ears into eyes."

#74547 - 06/08/06 01:39 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Best of luck Hannelore, as I said earlier. Persistance DOES pay off - getting a book published is a long, hard road but worth it in the end. I wish I could give you the name of a good editor....my book was published by a small press publisher and they didn't provide an editor - I was all on my own!

Thanks for the weather info for Germany. We are so excited about the trip. Sounds like it will be warm so perfect for a cruise. Haven't heard anything about the Rhine fireworks but that would be SPECTACULAR! We leave here August 26th and return September 3rd.....based on what you've said about the temps, I'll bring "light" clothing and a sweater and light jacket "just in case".

I had the same problem you did with Avalon by the way.....they wanted me to cut my book from 82,000 words to 60,000 and they would consider publishing it. I said "thanks but no thanks" - didn't want to chop my manuscript up that much!

#74548 - 06/09/06 04:01 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hannelore I write Mystery and Romance and to me the title is one of the most important aspects of any story. It is hard to pick name without knowing alot more about the book itself. In my professional editing jobs the title is one thing I am mindful of, always....

#74549 - 06/10/06 02:06 AM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
Edelweiss Offline

I can't tell you how exciting it is for me to be in contact with successful authors. You are all living the dream, that I hope I have ahead of me. When do you usually pick your title, chatty lady? Do you have a special method?

#74550 - 06/10/06 10:26 PM Re: Which title would you pick up to read?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
The Road Not Taken - WHY? Dunno...maybe because I have a "road not taken?"

Best of luck to you and WELCOME!

JJ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved