The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 24 of 24 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24
Topic Options
#73949 - 10/05/05 01:37 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Eagle Heart,

In the past few months that you've been here at BWS, you've absolutely blossomed and are a blessing to us all.

Thanks for the great turn as Featured Author. Your compassion and passion shine through.

#73950 - 10/05/05 06:43 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I couldn't agree more with The Divine Ms M's words. I have your book and it has a special place in my collection. Thank you for always being so thorough for everyone, and compassionate.

JJ

#73951 - 10/06/05 07:31 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I couldn't agree more!

I'm praying for you Eagle!

#73952 - 10/05/05 11:36 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I am sending prayers your way as well. I enjoyed you as featured author although I was a reader, not participator. You are a blessing to me too. Take good care of yourself.
chick

#73953 - 10/06/05 05:45 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
You gals are such a soothing balm for my soul. I wasn't expecting these posts at all, but they have been so heartwarming. I had a very tough morning this morning...and let me warn you that mixing tears with plaster dust is downright messy!

As I was weeping and sanding away, I could hear the Lord calling me outside to sit with Him for awhile. It was such a gorgeous morning, so I was glad to get out there, and sat in the back yard for close to an hour, just pouring out my heart to him...and trying to hear Him telling me to be patient and to keep trusting...and to definitely not run away.

When hubby came out to see if I was okay, we were able to talk and that cleared the air a bit more (well, it did nothing for the plaster dust, but that's tomorrow's job).

My biggest problem is that my hyper-sensitivity seems to be extreme these days, and I'm feeling terribly insecure and emotionally needy for some unknown reason...although it could be the upcoming anniversary of Mom's death, as well as so many drastic changes in routine and environment lately. And hubby's very tired from all the non-stop work he's been doing since June...so I think we're just both immersed in our own individual overload situation right now and our "we-ness" is getting forgotten in the exhaustion.

I don't often ask for help, because there are so many others out there in worse need than I am...but on Saturday morning when I thought I couldn't keep going, I clearly heard the Lord encourage me to "take it to the girls...they'll lift you up". I did, and you did, and it worked. And how can I ever thank you all for being there for/with me like that. You've made a tremendous difference, and it's even more clear how wondrously God really is working through our prayers and connections here!

[ October 05, 2005, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#73954 - 10/06/05 06:01 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, please try to find peace in knowing all things work for good for those who love the Lord. Keep leaning on Him for guidance. Feel His love for you and desire for your contentment. Soak it in to the core of your heart. Feel love from Him...and all your sisters in Christ at BWS. I'm forever carrying you and my other sisters in prayer. It'a great way to occupy the mind. Please don't run...

#73955 - 10/09/05 04:53 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Just got Eagle's book - already on chapter 2! Don't want to put it down but we have to go out!!

Page 24 of 24 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved