The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 22 of 24 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 >
Topic Options
#73929 - 09/29/05 11:53 PM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
What wonderful gift's...
God has given you to help others.

Hope you know how special you truly are.

Brenda

#73930 - 09/30/05 01:41 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
kygal Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Eagle,

It really bumfuzzles me how GP's can be so inadequate to help but yet think they're the answer to it all. My GP had been treating me for 3 years, to no avail and only one med change in that three years. I went to her more than once expressing that I felt like I was going to fly apart into a million pieces and she'd just nod her head and not even once recommended therapy. After my crash and burn in April, I did some research on the net and found this great center that offers a mood disorder program, which is where a great doctor is affiliated. I set out to become a patient but discovered I had to have a referral from my family doc. When I went to her to ask for it, she refused saying she had reservations about that doctor....but wouldn't expound on why. Then, she said she wanted me to see a psychiatrist in her circle and she'd do that for me. My mind was made up though, I wanted to see this other Christian doctor who specializes in mood disorders. She again told me she couldn't recommend him for her own reasons. To this day I don't know why but the Christian doctor says that no one in this area will refer to him and it seems to be mainly because he IS a Christian. So, I just flat told her that she'd treated me for 3 years to no avail and there was NO WAY I was going to go onto a waiting list to see her doctor when I needed help RIGHT NOW! I then told her, "You know, it's no wonder why so many people are committing suicide these days, they have to make an appointment for it!" She really didn't know what to say except, "Do you feel like that, committing suicide?" I told her no, not at the time but she was quickly pushing me to it. When I left, she agreed to look at this doctor's credentials again and would call me. Imagine my surprise when she called Mon. morning and said, against her better wishes, she would give me the referral. From there on, it's been one God moment after another. This doctor had a waiting list into Mar. 2006 but I got an appt. for July (05) the day they got my referral. Another God moment was when I went in for a counselling session yesterday but asked the receptionist to tell the doctor that I was having TERRIBLE withdrawal symptoms trying to start a new med and she asked if I could come in tomorrow (which is today). I about fell over...that just doesn't happen. She looked at me and said "Shhhhh, I just got this cancellation." So, the good Lord has been good and watching out for me in this and hopefully I can get back on the right track.

Ok, enough of my rant.....but when we get to talking about doctors, it really gets my blood boiling...:-)

Hugs,

Mary

#73931 - 09/30/05 02:19 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Bumfuzzles? Is that a Canadian term?

#73932 - 09/30/05 02:56 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I'm pretty sure 'bumfuzzles' is a medical term. [Smile]
smile

#73933 - 09/30/05 03:42 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Bluebird Offline

Oh!!!!... Do they make a cream for it? [Big Grin]

#73934 - 09/30/05 03:47 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I like that word "bumfuzzles"...it's a keeper! I just LOVE new words...I have this editorial nightmare of a habit of creating new words when I can't find one that exactly fits what I want to say. My original draft of Eagle was full of them, then we took them all out, but then added back "woundedness" and "candled" as a verb, as in "God's love candled me out of my darkness". It's a bad habit, but I love it when other people do it too.

#73935 - 09/30/05 03:50 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Eagle Heart Offline

"bumfuzzle cream"...sounds like something I could use in the middle of a nasty case of, well, bumfuzzlement.

#73936 - 09/30/05 03:53 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Bluebird Offline

Eagle, I am amazed when people make up words that are so fitting. I like "candled". [Smile]

#73937 - 09/30/05 04:47 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Eagle Heart Offline

Thanks Bluebird. When my book coach originally insisted I take that word out, I understood and complied. But everytime I read through those parts of the book, it really bothered me that the replacement word didn't convey what wanted to be said. So, since I was self-publishing and therefore paying for every one of those words, I decided to get my money's worth and declared writer's privilege and put "candled" back in there. It may not be a bona fide word (yet), but has become one of my personal favourites. To me it speaks such tender care.

#73938 - 09/30/05 05:42 AM Re: Eagle Born To Fly, Sharon Matthies
Bluebird Offline

The word is so perfect, I now cannot think of another way to say what you said!

Page 22 of 24 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved