The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73434 - 07/02/05 01:01 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ahem...let's all clear our mouth of those jujubee's shall we? I mean, "so now I gotta go rescue Dwayne from dwoning in the swamp" Dwoning? I didn't say Dwayne wa--oh nevermind. I'll do it myself. Ay-ya-ya-ya-..ya!

Now listen up gurls...TRIVIA CONTEST.

For the next four weeks I will be here as your Featured Author. So, let's kick it up a notch, k? (Sorry Em...)

I've given Dotsie 4 numbers between 1-25.
One number for each week I'm here.

You with me so far?

Okay, now...each week, I will be asking a trivia question that has to do with my book OR my blog OR me! This makes it fair to everyone. Now...I am NOT going to tell you WHAT DAY the question will be asked, so you have to visit every day to see if I've posted it.

You must send you answer via email (GJawjaw1@aol.com) to me. If you send the correct answer, and you are contestant #whatever the number is, YOU WIN.

The prizes are as follows:

1st week - A set of beautiful notecards from Dotsie's site.

2nd week - A T-shirt from Dotsie's site

3rd week - A beautiful piece of jewelry from our own Meredith (http://www.meredithbead.com/)

4th week - A box of MelloMelts to go in your coffee or tea (http://www.mellowmelts.com)

For instance, let's say I ask

"What is the Queen favorite cookie?" and Evie sends me an email saying Oreo's. The number for that week is 6. Evie is email entry #5, she loses. (and that's for not draining the swamp).

So...then I get an email from Songbird and she says "Oreo's" and she is email #6, then she wins that weeks trivia question and prize.

If the number happened to be 20, for instance, and I only got 15 people replying, the closest person to the correct number at the end of the week wins that prize.

Any questions?

Read up, ask away, know your Queen...and da Trixster!

JJ

#73435 - 07/02/05 01:34 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
[Eek!] OH NO EVIE -- Dwayne is dwoning in the swamp again ???? [Eek!]

i thought it was YOUR week to watch him <shaking head> [Roll Eyes] -- i'll head on down and see if i can fish him up in the net

#73436 - 07/02/05 02:12 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Well I can tellt his is gonna be a heckofa month with our Queen on her throne here in the Forum!

Now I've read your book (because you threatened me if I didn't), know you pretty darned well (even though I'll deny it if asked) and read your blog (when I don't have anything BETTER to do) - so I reckon I'm READY to tackle the trivia contest right? Huh?

Seriously - if any of you DON'T have JJ's book - well shame on you! It's totally hilarious and when you're having "one of those days", it works like magic to read one (or more) of her stories.

Oh and Evie or Carolyn....good luck finding Dwayne. I thought I saw an alligator wearing his hat about an hour ago. EEEEK.

#73437 - 07/02/05 02:32 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oops I'm afraid Dwayne dwowned....and Pam is right, I saw the same alligator...Shame on you two for not doing your chores, poor digested Dwayne. Honestly. it isn't as if I don't have enough to do Ms Queen, now I have to not only read your newsletter, your blog and your book (alot) I have to read this author post daily and then take a chance to win a chance to win a chance, to OH phooey, you know what I mean...guess a number, geesh!!! [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

#73438 - 07/02/05 02:37 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay JJ, Now we know why Dwayne is dwowning in the swamp.

It's cause you're busy EATING THE TWIVIA PWIZES!!

And you're WEARING THE TWEE SHIRTS TOO!!

Shoulda' known!!
smile

#73439 - 07/02/05 03:42 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
July's going to be a firecracker in here [Big Grin]
Louisa

#73440 - 07/02/05 04:26 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Glad to see the Queen taking her honorable throne this month at the forum!
Great choice Dotsie! And prizes too!

JJ,
I've told you before but I want to make it public, YOUR BOOK IS GREAT! It gives true meaning to the phrase, laughing out loud!
Glad you are here (like you wouldn't be anyways)

#73441 - 07/02/05 06:18 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thanks ladies (and I use that term loosely! hahaha...)

Watch for the first trivia question coming to your local forum soon!

We're having a storm here right now, so I have to hop off the net. This means no TV, no phone, no Internet. What in the blue blazes am I suppose to do? Oh yeah...write. teehee...

As Arnold says, I'll beeee back! JJ

#73442 - 07/02/05 07:29 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chickadee Offline

Stay safe JJ, and PM me that number. The check is in the mail.

Now What did I miss, who's Dwayne? I was busy cleaning a moat full of CROCS...'member?

Does she pay any of you? I need insurance coverage for 162 stitches and a plastic leg. Right now I'm using the one from a blow up doll. If I don't get paid soon...

I'm afraid my plastic leg with be the target of a lawsuit. I'm thinking my butt will sue my leg for non-support. [Roll Eyes]

chick

[ July 02, 2005, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#73443 - 07/02/05 08:16 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I think I spotted Dwayne at a sidewalk cafe. He was trying to be incognito wearing shades, a straw hat and sipping a margarita!

Cathi

Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved