The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73444 - 07/02/05 08:26 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Gee Chick, I sure hope that whole lawsuit thing doesn't end up blowing up in your face...

#73445 - 07/02/05 08:51 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by Optimumsteps:
I think I spotted Dwayne at a sidewalk cafe. He was trying to be incognito wearing shades, a straw hat and sipping a margarita!

Cathi

Cathi, I think it was GATOR-ADE.
smile

#73446 - 07/02/05 09:06 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
JJ,
Am happy to see you here as the Author. Yes, her book is wonderful. Keeps me laughing!!!
Maggie

#73447 - 07/02/05 10:57 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
And what, you're quoting my Govahnatah??? You're not even from Cali.

OK, you can have him.

#73448 - 07/02/05 04:09 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yell-O! I leave for a few hours and what do you do? Run amuck, that's what. Gator-ade? LOL! A drinking alligator? A Govahnatah? mahahaha...ahem...ahem...as Jack Benny would say, "NOW CUT THAT OUT!"

Now listen up ladies! This is suppose to be a serious forum. Our words are here to connect, promote, to--to--aahh...Eagle! Stop that infernal snickering...Smiles, are you making faces behind my back? Cathi, hand over the whoopi cushion this instant...geeish, oh who am I kidding.

Hm...what the hay, anybody spotted DEEWAYNE today?

JJ

#73449 - 07/02/05 05:01 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Evie -- I think there's a conspiracy to get us in trouble with our queen !!

i slipped dwayne a jug of the good stuff from the cellar to clean that darn swamp for me and now i hear he's faking his dwoning and hitting on the barmaids down at the cafe

he better not show his ugly face down at the DOO !!

#73450 - 07/02/05 05:07 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I need to find out where the wit comes from. I'm amazed at the number of original "funnies" that are in your book.

A perfect example is the first line in CinderPillow:

Ask any psychiatrist worth their weight in Prozac...

I laugh out loud at this stuff. Does it come to you as you are writing? Do you keep a list of funny sayings? Were you this funny is a kid? Did you take classes in humor writing? What's the deal? Oh, I also love the way you punctuate your writing. Even the commas!

#73451 - 07/02/05 05:36 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I like all of your questions Dotsie! I can't wait to hear the answers.

#73452 - 07/02/05 06:08 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
And what about the "Jaws of Life"...were you REALLY stuck in there for two hours???? I was almost crying when I read that...but I don't know if they were tears of compassion for your pain, or, well, um, I'm SURE they were tears of compassion for your pain. No doubt about it. I'm just happy for you that you didn't get a Charlie-horse in your calves while standing there all that time. Now THAT would have been disastrous.

#73453 - 07/02/05 06:10 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie...In answer to your questions, YES.

What? Not enough? Okay, gees louise, let's take them one at a time then, k?

Q. I need to find out where the wit comes from.
A. In a word, Daddy. He was hilarious and always had us laughing. He was great for one-liners. Over the years, I became his straight man.

Q. CinderPillow AND Ask any psychiatrist worth their weight in Prozac...

A. I have to tell you all that CinderPillow was inspired from talking to our own Prill Boyle. I still lovingly call her CinderPrilla...

But to answer the question, "Does it come to you as you are writing?" the answer is yes, it does. For the most part. I'll see something, like an empty ice tray on my kitchen counter, (this drives me crazy! why not fill it back up and put it in the frig?) and I'm inspired. THE SON alone gives me all the fodder I need for a book. Remind me to slap him later.

Q. Do you keep a list of funny sayings?
A. Actually I do. I hate telling this on myself, but what the hay? ALL of my friends constantly provide me with writing material. Pam Kimmell is a hoot and if you haven't gotten to know her very well, you should, for more than one reason, too. I've encouraged others to delve into the humor writing biz but they won't. (Thank the good Lord).

But if I hear someone say something I like, or something I think I can use, sure...I save it. I have a folder full of funny sayings. Some are from Mark Twain, Lewis Grizzard, or my beloved Erma, but then there's also things my friends have said, and those can be the funniest.

Q. Were you this funny is a kid?
A. Actually, I think so. At least that is the way my friends and family tell it. I started out talking the kids in the neighborhood into putting on shows for the rest of the neighbors. We charged a penny a head to get in. I can't believe those kids listen to me! teehee...I still get tickled when I think about it.

Q. Did you take classes in humor writing?
A. Queen says with red face..Not a one. Is it showing?

Q. Oh, I also love the way you punctuate your writing. Even the commas!
A. Okay, that was a stab at me. Dotsie knows I need comma therapy. I get comma, happy, and want, to, put one ever, where. What?

If you have any more questions, bring um on. I'm happy to answer them, with the exception of a few things, my life is an open book. Hey, that would make a good title for a book, yes?

JJ

Page 4 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved