The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 24 of 25 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73645 - 07/29/05 09:41 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Okay ladies, heads up. Since the 1st ends my stay here as the Featured Writer of the Month, and since I got behind on my trivia STUFF, I'm going ahead TODAY and post the last question. The winner of THIS question will receive a box of Mello Melts...yummy and they must share them with me...what? Okay, okay, tuff room. There yours to keep, you mefirster...

FINAL TRIVIA QUESTION IS:

What name did I give to Dan's friends?

Sorry for cramming these two questions back to back, but I want to make sure that you ALL get a chance to win before I leave. I love you guys...sniff...sniff...****Group hug!!!!***

JJ

#73646 - 07/30/05 06:16 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Today and tomorrow kiddos...I've gotten some answers to BOTH questions already. The first one the answers were all correct, I'm just waiting on someone to hit the number I chose, so keep entering! The second one, nope, wrong answers!

...keep those guesses coming!

JJ

#73647 - 07/31/05 06:34 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Georgia, did anyone you worked with mention this?

YOu have a gift if you don't have to torment over your endings. You go girl!

#73648 - 07/31/05 06:00 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

The only thing anyone has said about the "Meeting from Hell" is how funny it was/is. They haven't asked me WHO the specific people are, or the meeting. Whew...

JJ

#73649 - 08/01/05 06:16 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well ladies, it is with a heavy heart that I give up this coveted space today of Featured Author. Being a natural born ham, I love being in the limelight. I can't help it, its what I do.

HOW-SOME-EVER (as we say here in the South), I'm leaving with parting gifts. And THAT makes me happy.

The winner of Trivia Question #3 with a prize of a 25.00 gift certificate from Meredith's jewelry is Chickadee. The Question was:

When tha Queen here was taking drugs for a bad cold, and she showed up at her friend Liz's house, what two gifts did she bestow upon her long time friend?

The correct answer was: "A hospital "donut" ring and a water jug"---you go chickadee!

Now for Question #4,

"What name did I give to Dan's friends?"

The winner of the box of Mello Melts is Sherri Smith (Sherri, I need your home address) with her correct answer of

Dumb and Dumber from the story "Who Needs Martha Stewart."

Wuhooo...go Sherri...go Sherri! <Queen circling arms and bouncing>

Ladies, it has been my distinct pleasure to be able to share this month with you all as the Featured Author. What a blast! You've been kind, attentive, and full of well wishes. Even Trixie was moved by your kudos. Now if I could just get her to MOVE off the couch.

I'm bowing (no offense Trixie) out now, and welcome our next guest. But before I go, may I leave you with some wisdom that my friend Erma gave?

I'm trying very hard to live by these words, and have adopted them as my battle cry. I hope you will to.

Much love to you all, JJ

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say: "I used everything you gave me." --Erma Bombeck

[ August 01, 2005, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: jawjaw ]

#73650 - 08/02/05 07:35 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
We're going to miss you Queenie!
Love the quote by Erma!

#73651 - 08/02/05 10:40 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
We loved having you here! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Cool] [Smile]

#73652 - 08/02/05 02:34 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
msdiana Offline

Loc: Stuttgart, Germany
rah rah for jawjaw!
i had a great time reading through all the posts and your site and look forward to monday mornings!

#73653 - 08/02/05 06:31 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chickadee Offline

Enjoyed every minute, JJ. I had many out loud laughs and fun times all month long. You will be missed as featured author.
Thank you for the opportunity to win jewelry from our own Meredith too!
chick

#73654 - 08/03/05 07:33 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Thank you for being Favorite Author JJ. We'll miss you as FA. But of course, we're still stuck with you... I mean, 'Blessed' by you... as our Favorite ""Queen.""
We love ya' Queenie.
smile

[ August 02, 2005, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

Page 24 of 25 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved