The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 21 of 25 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73615 - 07/24/05 02:30 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
I've run across that problem several times. It ain't funny! I don't know where they pick up these clowns!

#73616 - 07/24/05 03:26 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
msdiana Offline

Loc: Stuttgart, Germany
those kinds of people answer phones, too...
i called the department of motor vehicles in the state we'd just left to arrange for the transfer of the truck we'd left behind before moving to germany....it was a simple transaction as i was giving the truck to a friend, not selling it...i just wanted to know what paperwork i should mail to the dmv as i was too far away to come in the office...the lady asked why i couldn't come in to the office and i told her "i'm in germany"...
i swear to holy heaven she said "oh, i don't speak german" and put me on hold...it was a good thing i was on hold because i had no idea how to respond to what she'd said...the supervisor came on the line and we worked it out but i did suggest that she smack her clerk on the back of the head -- not to hurt her, just to move her along...

#73617 - 07/24/05 03:34 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by msdiana:
...the lady asked why i couldn't come in to the office and i told her "i'm in germany"...
i swear to holy heaven she said "oh, i don't speak german" and put me on hold...

That is too funny...I know it must have been frustrating at the time, but it makes for a good retelling!

#73618 - 07/24/05 04:48 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ms Diana, it would have been interesting if she had given you time to say, "well, what about English? Do you speak English?" She would probably say she had to check with her supervisor and see...gees louise! These people vote AND breed!

JJ

#73619 - 07/24/05 11:32 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
On my recent trek to the DMV to renew my licence, I noticed that the first clerk I dealt with had three different possible answers, and 3 only, to any question we might ask, and she probably said these same 3 lines 1,000 times a day.

The DMV does not get "the best and brightest", but frankly, I don't think the best and brightest would want this job.

#73620 - 07/24/05 06:37 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It's bad enough to talk to computers but then, you finally get a human and they don't know anything either. This is the age of service?

JJ, I look forward to my Monday morning all things royal. It starts the week off with a lighter tone. I really appreciate you and your humor and when is your next book coming out and do you think you'll ever run out of material? I think you get some good stuff here!

#73621 - 07/25/05 07:03 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Thank you Lady Di...I enjoy sooo much writing it too. I've started on book 2, and I'm proud to announce it will be a narrative style book. Chapter 1, "Getting Laid Off" is complete. Chapter 2, "Getting Past Vacation" is almost done. Run out of material? No way. Course, you don't know my family, do you? And the fact that I've raised two boys, AND I worked with engineers for 25 years, AND I'm single, AND I was married, And I was married...talk about fodder.

Life is my material. If I run out, then it means I'VE run out. eeek!

JJ

#73622 - 07/25/05 07:51 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
That's my Monday morning highlight too. I love your newsletter!

#73623 - 07/25/05 06:03 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great questions Dianne, and fantastic answers! I just read my All Things Royal. Boy can I relate. One night the kids were all out so Ross and I thought we'd watch a movie on the big screen TV in the basement. There were three remotes: one ofr the TV, one for the DVD, and one for cable. We never did figure out how to get the dang movie we wanted. So much for that idea. WE are lost without the kids.

Georgia, tell your mom I"m so impressed that soemone from her generation kows how to do that. I gotta tell ya, the grandparents around here don't know how to do that stuff!

#73624 - 07/26/05 07:25 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Ohhh no you don't. I ain't tellin' her that. She holds it over me as it is...nu uh. No way! Like I'm gonna give her ammunition? ha! Fat chance.

She is, in my opinion, one of the nicest, and smartest women I know. She is kind, beautiful, and spends every spare minute she has helping other people who can't help themselves. I lovingly call her Saint Bettye.

She's a tuff act to follow, let me tell ya.

But if I had the opportunity to be born again AND to choose any parents in the world, I'd choose mine.

JJ

Page 21 of 25 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved