The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73423 - 06/29/05 11:39 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey JJ, folks look at you funny cause you ARE funny. Very funny in fact.

I laughed my buns OFF.
Okay, my buns didn't exactly come off, but they were jiggling like they might fall for sure. Actually they already fell, but... Anyway, I start jiggling all over every time I turn the page. Giggling and jiggling, that's me reading JJ's book.

JJ's a HOOT!!
smile

#73424 - 07/01/05 05:18 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, I take great pleasure in introducing this month's Featured Author. Prepare yourself for a fun month...

Georgia Richardson, Queen Jaw Jaw, the Queen of Experiences (www.queenjawjaw.com), Southern humorist from North Alabama, currently writes three monthly columns for Shoals Woman, Penwomanship, and The Monthly View magazines. Her debut book, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, was released in May 2005 and reviewers have crowned her the next "Erma."

Want a taste of the Queen's wit? Sign up on her home page for "ALL THINGS ROYAL" delivered to your mailbox every Monday. Short, humorous, and ALWAYS written by da Queen, these anecdotes are guaranteed to make you smile; and its free! Can't beat the price, eh?

Recently established as the Alabama rep for the The National Association of Women Writer's, Richardson has also moved into the speaking arena and as the Queen herself says, "Some people say I have the gift for gab...I think 'Professional Talker' has a better ring to it, don't you?"

#73425 - 07/01/05 05:23 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm determined to get the truth out of this gal.

Georgia, can we go back to the fifth grade? Did you really write your "will" and place it on the table with your report card for your dad?

#73427 - 07/01/05 05:43 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ohhhh I can't wait. Where is she? Hurry up JJ. Wake up. I'll blow the horn..<--

We only got a month here, ya know?

Who luvs ya baby? [Wink]
chick

#73428 - 07/01/05 05:53 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yuhoooo...whew! Honey am I beat! I just flew in from Buffalo and are myyyy arms tired. What? Been done? Okay...okay. Tuff crowd.

Dotsie, if there is one grade I don't WANT to go back to, its the 5th. I was the only girl in the class with boobs. I had one of those training bras that would find its way up your neck before the day was thru and strangle you. I had symptoms of "the curse" and felt yucky sometimes, and yes, I had to make a Will to keep Daddy from grounding me at the end of the school year. Hey, I thought it was clever... no? And yes, Daddy kept it. Mom still has it. Someday I hope to be the owner of it once again.

My dearest SpeakerMom... repeat after me realllllll slowwwwww... Jawwwwwww Ja. That's me honey. My REAL name is Georgia. Jaw Jaw is Georgia said really really slow and Southern.

Daddy named me that when I was tiny...and for you smart alecks, YES, I was tiny once. Hmp!

My Uncle Howard then expanded on it calling me JAW JAW and it just stuck to me like peanut butter to the roof of your mouth.

And now...I must check on the alligators. Evie! Front and center missy! Did you forget to drain the swamp again? Hmm? And don't go blaming it on Lionspaaw again either. Geeish...its hard being Queen.

JJ

[ July 01, 2005, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: jawjaw ]

#73429 - 07/02/05 07:02 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
JJ: You once told me that "you either have it or you don't" regarding humor writing. When did you decide to make it your passion?

Love your book too. Read it on the airplane and must have looked like a happy fool, sitting there with a big grin on my face and a loud chuckle coming from my throat.

#73430 - 07/02/05 07:13 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Oh, queen JJ: I'll be sending an order your way. I'd like my copy signed, please!

#73431 - 07/01/05 08:21 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Songbird...you got it sweetie. And may I add my thanks?

Dianne, good question. You'll get a kick out of this, but being a Capricorn, I've always looked at everything from a business standpoint.

"You want me to go to school? Every blessed day? Will you pay me?" I'll admit that Mother and Daddy didn't fall for it, but it was worth a try.

So... given that, I'm going to do something I don't normally do. I'm going to set aside the humor for a sec and briefly describe how it became my passion.

My Daddy, as some of you know, had a disease called Lewy-Body Dimentia. I was one of the primary caregivers. At the same time he was diagnosed, he was also told he had prostrate cancer and needed surgery. Along that same time, my Mother was told she had breast cancer. Talk about a full plate. I was going crazy trying to care for Daddy, Mother, and hold down a full-time job. One night I was near the edge. And I ain't talkin' bout the chair either.

I got down on my knees and said, "Lord, I'm trying. I really am. But I need something to focus on that doesn't have anything to do with sickness or death."

Short version, HE in his wisdom started me writing. When I found out they actually PAY you for this stuff, I was captured. Okay, that's a lie. When I found out that I can make someone's life a tad better... that my friend, was when I became passionate.

as my bud Paul says, ... and now you know the rest of the story.

JJ

#73432 - 07/01/05 10:03 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
quote:
Originally posted by jawjaw:

And now...I must check on the alligators. Evie! Front and center missy! Did you forget to drain the swamp again? Hmm? And don't go blaming it on Lionspaaw again either. Geeish...its hard being Queen.
JJ

eh? did you say Dwayne was in the swamp again?

ya....like its Canada Day here, and its supposed to be a holiday, and I was going to go out and try and find some festivities....but oh Miss "Did You Forget Dwayne in the Swamp???" has gotta to spoil the fun in her queenly fashion....so now I gotta go rescue Dwayne from dwoning in the swamp....geesh no rest for the Queen's loyal fans, none at all, I tell ya... [Razz]

#73433 - 07/01/05 10:44 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Okay Boomers, now you've got me salivating until my book arrives from The Queen here. Thanks for the warm-up!

Jawjaw, you da girl, Wa Hoo!

Cheers,
Cathi

Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved