The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 25 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#73515 - 07/10/05 01:02 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Chick, glad you asked. Yes I am as a matter of fact. I have some local "stuff" NOW, and then in August, I'm heading to South Alabama (almost to Florida line) for a book signing in a town called Fairhope. Beautiful town! Small, quaint, and every one in the town takes a hand in making it so. Isn't that unusual? The bookstore is where Rick Bragg and Fannie Flagg do their book signings in Alabama.

Then, a couple of days later in the same area but another town called Josephine, I'm speaking to around 80 women on "Southern Women, You Gotta Luv Um!" and of course I'll be selling books there as well. Or should I say trying to! ha!

Then I hope to have a signing in a town called Gadsden (AL) in Sept., Book Em in Oct, and a book festival in Mississippi in Oct as well. Back to back almost. So, once I leave work (July 22 last day) then I'm free to travel and promote, and hopefully SELL! ha! Baby needs a new pair of shoes. Well, actually, baby needs a new bra, shoes are good to go.

If you or anyone else you know has a group you'd like me to speak to (sorry, paying gigs only), or do a book signing just let me know. I love doing it, and I've gotten use to eating every day. I call myself a professional talker. Course, you ALL know I don't like too talk that much. Uh huh. Sure nuff.

JJ

#73516 - 07/10/05 01:05 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

p.s. Dorothy, my thanks to you. My mamma thanks you, my bank thanks you...I thank you, Trixie thanks you...my almost new bra thanks you...

What? too much?

JJ

#73517 - 07/10/05 02:12 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well Queen today was my day to go to the Nursing Home and visit and fuss with their hair and make them feel imporant and I had a brilliant idea. I took your book along, well the more I read aloud to them the more and harder they laughed and the larger the crowd became. Ended up with nearly all the staff there and the Director who asked where she could get a copy. I read as far as Realtively Speaking with a promise of more next week...I had to promise over and over to come back next week and be sure to bring the book...Your book was a resounding hit. Just thought you might like to know.... [Big Grin] [Wink]

#73518 - 07/10/05 04:39 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
This has to be one of the greatest messages ever posted on this site. How beautiful. Chatty, you are such a special person with so much love in your heart. I hope God just blesses your socks off. And to hear that our JJ's written word brought so much joy to so many...it just doesn't get any better than this.

#73519 - 07/10/05 06:51 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Chatty,
Your goodness never ends. You are simply amazing.

You've also given me an idea. I need to give back to the world but I get so wrap up in my own needs that I forget sometimes. So I think I'll be visiting the local nursing home myself. What a great idea! Thank you for being YOU.

JJ

#73520 - 07/10/05 07:31 AM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Look at the bright side...with all those Depends already in place, it's a no-brainer to read JJ's book to them!

Way to go, Chatty! Using your noggin gal...I like that, I really do...

JJ- thank you for autographing your book for me; I'm really enjoying it. I read a page or three just prior to bedtime and then go to sleep with a smile on my face...thanks!

#73521 - 07/10/05 04:51 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sandra thats the truth, Depends, never even thought of that. Now I have to say that a couple of these gals are so fiesty and cute I wouldn't be surprised if they wear thongs. As Mrs Minnie Poolett (age 87) has said many times, "I may be old but I ain't dead yet youngin." I just love these people... [Big Grin]

#73522 - 07/10/05 08:13 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My heart overflows with love for all you beautiful women. You all bring a smile to my face! Blessings sprinkled all around the forums. Now don't forget to recognize them when they come your way...

#73523 - 07/10/05 08:25 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Isn't JJ's book a special book and Chatty a special person?
smile

#73524 - 07/10/05 09:12 PM Re: Queen Jaw Jaw, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Throne, Georgia Richardson
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yuhooo...I'll be off-line most of the day practicing a speech I'm giving in South Alabama soon. That is if the town doesn't get blown away! Poor dears!

I wanted to say that EVIE is the winner of the trivia contest for last week. The answer to the question what does my Mother ALWAYS (note the word ALWAYS was the key)say to me is "BE NICE."

Congrats Evie! I have your address and will be sending your prize to your this week.

Also, watch for the next trivia question! I'll not say what day, but soon! Very soon!

JJ

Page 11 of 25 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved