The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 22 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#73166 - 05/18/05 02:26 AM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Lori Hein Offline

Loc: Boston
Great idea. Hit the spots on the show and then shop for slinky clothes and stiletto heels.

Seriously, though, anyone who's traveling to Paris or Provence (Dianne's sister is based in the Luberon region) should consider hooking up with Linda Mathieu (website link a few posts up). I got a lovely e-mail back from her, and she said that she started the walking/photo tours business to supplement her husband's retirement income, but it's turned out to be something she really loves doing. She wrote that she loves taking visitors around Paris, and "when they tell me 'we couldn't have seen all of this without you,' it makes my day -- and makes my sore feet worth it."

Also inspiring to see how she's taken something she enjoys and has turned it into a career opportunity.

I checked out the photo of her Provence "dollhouse." What an utterly beautiful place to call home.

#73167 - 05/19/05 07:20 AM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Lori Hein Offline

Message for Danita if she pops by:

I've started working on the travel/homeschooling article and would love to shoot you some interview questions by e-mail. May I?

I thought I'd try to get them to you before you take off for Custer State Park for Memorial Day. (By the way, are you using that trip as an extension of a homeschooling unit? What will you and the kids be focusing on if you are?)

I believe there are other homeschoolers here at BWS. If any happen to pop by this forum and would like to be e-interviewed for an article on using travel as a homeschooling tool, please send me an email (address on my website).

#73168 - 05/18/05 09:56 PM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Lori Hein Offline

Another Sex-in-the-City-like idea for Linda's Paris tours: The DaVinci Code tour.

I heard that filming for the movie is going to start next month in Paris. Tom Hanks, Ron Howard and other Hollywood luminaries will be hanging around the courtyard in front of the Louvre. Linda could follow the cast around the city and base a tour around the sites featured in the film.

I know I'd show up to watch the filming just to get Tom Hanks' and Ron Howard's autographs.

#73169 - 05/18/05 10:13 PM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh, she already does The DaVinci Code tour. It's fascinating.

They film at night when the museum is closed and on Tuesday, I believe, or one of the days it's closed. Linda was part of a group that was trying to find an apartment for Ron Howard to live in while filming but I guess he needs high security and she didn't know of any place that offered that.

I'll have to tell my sis that you're giving her all of this free publicity. She'll love it.

I had a thought on the Sex in the City Tour: she could lead women down the street and let them step in dog poop! (Carrie did this on the show). And for those of you who have been there, you know this can be a real problem but I guess the city is starting to make people clean up after their pets. We need an instant graemlin for puking or something.

#73170 - 05/18/05 10:24 PM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Lori,

Please do email me questions: danitajones@myarbonne.com

We have been to Custer State Park and that area before - and had studdied it. Believe it or not, I was thinking about this as "just a vacation".

However, I should think about going to the library and doing a quick "unit study". LOL (I've been a LITTLE busy with my business - I'm in the "making money mode" v.s. "creative schooling mode."

Danita

#73171 - 05/18/05 10:42 PM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Lori Hein Offline

I'll send off those email questions tonight or tomorrow.

I'm trying to get back into the "making money mode," too. Having a good week. I've lined up a few book signings and book readings with slide shows, sold two travel articles, and a small daily newspaper wants to talk with me about a freelance features correspondent gig. Good stuff.

Wow, Dianne! How cool is Linda, anyway? Being on the team hunting up housing for Ron Howard! I'm impressed!

Off to the orthopedist. Something's wrong with my leg, and I haven't run in a week. Nothing bums me out more than not being able to run. It's like oxygen to me. I'm starting to joke that "I run marathons between stress fractures." Here we go again... Age has its downside.

#73172 - 05/18/05 10:58 PM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Who can tell me more about The DaVinci Code tour?
My son loved that book. He's the one heading to Europe on Monday.

He's going to Italy, France, and Switzerland. He'll be gone 3 1/2 weeks. He's going with the business department from his school. Wouldn't you know one of the businesses they're studying is a winery. Go figure!

He has a couple days where he can travel to other countries by train, but hasn't made any decisions yet. Any ideas?

#73173 - 05/19/05 01:04 AM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm sure Lori can offer more ideas than me.

The tour. When Linda shows you the areas mentioned in the book, you realize what a work of fiction the book really is. Especially when the guy is killed in the museum and the gates that are supposed to come down. Also, the church where the albino kills the nun. There really isn't much room for the cat walk he describes. But what is strange, this little church is now a main tourist attraction where before, it was rarely toured. It has helped the church a lot.

She also took me to the restaurant from the closing of the movie, Something's got to give. The one where she's having dinner and Jack Nicholson comes in. I thought that was fun. the business has really increased there because of that scene.

We went to The Kong restaurant from Sex and took our picture standing by the table where Carrie had lunch with her boyfriend's ex wife. Great place with wonderful food.

I want to return!!!!!

#73174 - 05/19/05 05:13 AM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Lori Hein Offline

Dotsie, do you know what general areas of Italy, France and Switzerland your son will be in? If I could zero in on his locales a bit, I'd be able to give better suggestions. Will he be based in Rome, Paris and Zurich, or other places? (Winery -- I'm thinking Bordeaux or Champagne in France, or maybe Tuscany in Italy??)

If you can narrow the target a bit, I'm sure I can suggest a lot of good stuff for your son to consider. Europe is a giant smorgasbord of awesome, intriguing sites and places. How exciting for him -- 3 1/2 weeks in Europe...

#73175 - 05/19/05 08:09 PM Re: Lori Hein, Ribbons of Highway: A Mother-Child Journey Across America
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Page 11 of 22 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 22 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved