The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#72801 - 03/31/05 06:03 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Trish, I've got to tell you...in the last couple of days I've been able to devote some reading time to CC...OMG...did she ever give YOU KNOW WHO the boot? I LOVED IT! And now I'm at the point where I want to kill the neighbor (what a gossip monger!) and somehow make TIM tell all. I can't wait till he opens up. He will, right? They're on the way to grandmaw's house...wait a minute...that sounds familiar....over the river and through the woodsssss to grandmother's house we goooooo....Ahem...anyway, I hope to finish it in the next couple of days. I loved, absolutely LOVED the office scene where she took everything to his office...what a woman! Oh I could go on and on...wait, I have. eeek!

JJ

#72802 - 03/31/05 06:31 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Loc: Lumberton, NC
Hi, everybody!
JJ, I got such a kick out of your post. I'm not tellin' anything... [Smile] ) Let me know when you finish it, if you think everything turns out as you wanted it to! When they get to grandma's house, things really begin to happen!

Speakermom, I will check out your post on the Midwest Book Festival. I am definitely interested. JJ and Pam, are you two in it with me?

Pam, I hear ya about living dangerously. I admire women who have the guts to follow their hearts and instinct. Which reminds me of this story about my great-grandmother. She was not five feet tall and didn't weigh 100 lbs soaking wet. They lived in a house at least a mile from their nearest neighbor. One night she was there all alone when she heard someone trying to break in. This was before the days of telephones, and if she'd screamed her head off, no one but the intruder would have heard her. So she jumped out of bed and started yelling, "Paul! John! Jimmy! Get your guns! There's some lowdown varmit trying to get in this house!" She didn't hear anything else the rest of the night (though I'm sure she didn't get any sleep) and the next day she learned that the neighbor closest to her had been robbed during the night. I betcha after that, she bought herself a shotgun. [Smile]
Well, y'all take care,

Trish

#72803 - 03/31/05 07:15 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
What a GREAT story about a strong (and inventive) woman! No wonder you can craft a great mystery/thriller with those genes you have girl!

I read the post on the Midwest Book Festival. I'd love to be able to go to that but with Book 'Em in October AND our vacation plans PROBABLY occurring in September (to Asheville) I don't think I can make it Trish!!! Would love to be there with you though.

[Frown] [Smile]

#72804 - 04/01/05 12:17 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Trish,
I'm about to slip off here at work (late lunch) and read some more. If this books takes off any more than it already has, I'll have to take vacation from work so I can finish it. Yeeee gads!

I'll see if I can find the Midwest Book Festival post. I don't recall reading about it. But hey, I've probably slept since then....

JJ

#72805 - 04/02/05 11:56 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Loc: Lumberton, NC
Pam, I just checked out your web site and Bailey's store. I absolutely LOVE it. I hope you'll bring some of those items to Book 'Em. I especially like the tote bag with the cover from "The Mystery of David's Bridge". How's it coming with the sequel?

JJ, drop me a line when you finish the book and let me know if you like it.

Have a great weekend,

Trish

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved