The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#72780 - 03/21/05 05:26 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Loc: Lumberton, NC
Okay, Unique! I'll sit tight and have your book ready to sign when DVP calls or emails me with your order. [Smile]

Meanwhile, DVP has added a lot of my information to their web site on writing: character development, plotting, editing, etc. The info is from writer's workshops that I conduct. Let me know what you think of it, or if there's anything I should add: http://drakevalleypress.com/workshops

Dotsie, I'm going to add the books you recommended the other day, too. [Smile]

#72781 - 03/21/05 03:45 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Boomer Girls make sure you check out the interview AND some of Trish's poetry in the latest issue of "Sisters In The Lord". I enjoyed your poems Trish...you are truly a lady of MANY talents.

#72782 - 03/21/05 07:47 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks Pam!
Trish your poems are awesome and your interveiw was so interesting to read!

I was wondering if you branched out with your writing, and now I know. I mostly write short stories and essays but every now and then a poem comes to me and demands to be written.
Is this how it is for you too?

#72783 - 03/22/05 06:41 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Thanks for the nice words, TVC15 and Pam!

I prefer to write full-length suspense/ thrillers, though occasionally I'll enter a short story in a writing contest or write some poetry. When I do write poems, they seem to come to me all at once and they're written within a matter of minutes. I still do the old-fashioned rhyming kind...

#72784 - 03/23/05 02:38 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
Pam Kimmell Offline

So Trish - why not give us a "hint" about your plotline for "Ricochet".....and when will it be published?? I know you are working on it now, but have you set yourself a goal for completion?

#72785 - 03/23/05 03:06 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Hi, Pam!
Thanks for asking about "Ricochet"! It's the sequel to "Kickback". In "Kickback", you find out that Sheila's parents have died, presumably of an accident. But in "Ricochet" Sheila finds out her parents were murdered. She is attending the FBI Academy, and as she pursues the real story behind her parents' deaths, it takes her face to face with Middle Eastern terrorism. I actually started the book before 9/11; because of the events of 9/11, I changed some things so it wouldn't hit so close to home... Then the plot I'd changed it to came true! So I rewrote it again! I'd hoped to have it finished earlier this year for an October release, but with my move to NC, it put me behind. If I get it done before the end of this year, I'm told it can be out in time for Book 'Em 2006.
So what about you? When will I hear the latest about Bailey?
- Trish

#72786 - 03/23/05 05:33 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
Pam Kimmell Offline

"Ricochet" sounds exciting! With some luck, you and I will both have new books at the 2006 Book 'Em....somehow I think you are a lot further along with "Ricochet" than I am with my second book. I seem to be spending more time trying to find ways to promote myself on a shoestring (or should I say ZERO budget!!) than writing. Thankfully there are a lot of resources around to help with that......

How long will it take Drake Valley Publishing to actually have your book in print after they have received your completed manuscript? And how about your cover design? Any ideas?

#72787 - 03/24/05 08:38 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Hi, Pam!
I'm counting on us both having our new books at the 2006 Book 'Em!
I understand completely about the self-promotion. It doesn't matter how large your publisher is, it is still up to the author to promote their own books. Selling the books is a full-time job in itself, as you well know!
I don't know how long it will take for DVP to release "Ricochet" after I submit it. "The China Conspiracy" was almost a year in production, I think... Haven't thought much about a cover design, yet, though the first chapter begins with an explosion, so that would make an interesting cover...

#72788 - 03/25/05 08:18 AM Re: The China Conspiracy
pmterrell Offline

Hi, folks! Just wanted you all to know that I'm headed out of town, so it will be Sunday before I can check this forum again. I've enjoyed chatting with you all. Have a great weekend,
Trish

#72789 - 03/24/05 09:21 PM Re: The China Conspiracy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Happy Easter. See you next week.

Page 10 of 12 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved