The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#72608 - 01/27/04 11:01 PM Re: The 5 People
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I have to go back and take a look at this. Makes sense but have to admit I did not focus on it during reading.

There are so many facets to this book, I could literally sit here and skim the book and comment all day.

Let's keep the thoughts coming.

#72609 - 01/28/04 09:16 PM Re: The 5 People
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, you mentioned discussing what we believe in relation to the book. I think that's a good idea.

First, I believe I'm going to heaven. I also believe I'll see all those who've gone before me. [Big Grin] I believe I will meet my maker and will have time to chat with Him. Answer some tough questions about my life, though it shouldn't be painful because I believe there is no pain in heaven. Phew! Thank God! Literally!

As far as meeting five people who had huge impacts on my life...never thought of that. I just enjoyed reading how the earthly people impacted his life. Amazing, especially when she met Ruby. Who would have thought someone like that would be one of his 5 people?

I believe all things happen for a reason, even though some things stink! It's all part of God's plan. We later look back and see what we learned and how we grew through the rotten times. Don't you think?

Has anyone tried to figure out who their five people could be?

And jawjaw, I agree with you about his father. Read the damage he did again on page 109 and 110. Awful. Silence is golden, but not in this respect!

#72610 - 01/29/04 04:42 PM Re: The 5 People
Lynn Offline

This segment really captured me.

Page 48 when Eddie is talking to the Blue Man. The blue man is telling Eddie "You say you should have died instead of me. But during my time on earth, people died instead of me, too. It happens every day. When lightning strikes a minute afer you are gone, or an airplane crahes that you might have been on.......We think such things are random. But there is balance to it all. One withers, another grows, Birth and death are part of the whole."

Eddie could not understand what good came from the Blue Man's death and the Blue Man replied, "You lived".

I too, believe there are no coincidences. When we die, we go to the other side or heaven or whatever term makes you comfortable. I like heaven.

You meet with God and discuss the lessons you learned and what you could have done better now that you have the opportunity of hindsight.

I would like to think I will meet at lest five people who are going to help me put some order to this chaos I call life.

After meeting with God, I believe we spend alot of time with the other souls in heaven getting comforable absorbing their energy and absorbing the large lesson we just came through.

If any one has sat vigil during a daeth you know it takes tremendous energy to die. There is more energy there than that of the dying person. Same with birth.

Many of us will once again venture onto earth to continue the lesson(s) God has for us. We will work with him on making a life plan for the next go round and we arrive with full knowledge of this plan. As we grow, we become more human and lose the clarity of the plan and must rely upon our faith to guide us and give us "guideposts" that we are on the correct track. Sometimes human will takes over and the plan is not carried out. Most times we get very close.

I believe we interact and play a meaningful role (maybe short) with other souls with which we have lived before.

God is always there, guiding and encouraging us to live our lesson for us. Then come home for respite.

Many souls have been through many lifetimes and they at some point will not be coming back to earth. God needs them by his side and it is tiem for them to rest in eternity with Him. They have completed their work on earth.

We all interact for reasons unknown to us but known to God. Maybe our goal in life is to be the Blue Man. But that is God's plan.

Sounds crazy to those who can not open up to a differnt concept. It does not follow the strict teachings of the Bible. But I believe the Bible teaches us how to live as good people. It uses parables to convey to us humans what we need to learn.

I ahve lots more on this book that I could talk about in this vein but don't know if you ladies are open to it. What do you thinK?

I promise, when my time comes to leave this earth I will try to let one of you know what is up> K?

Lynn

#72611 - 01/30/04 12:14 AM Re: The 5 People
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'll take you up on that Lynn...just don't put me out on the ocean with the sharks as a sign, ok?

I am open to hearing what you have to say...it doesn't mean I have to agree or digest it. But I think we learn and grow and become more "God-like" when we open our minds and hearts to others. Don't you?

Anyway, I believe pretty much verbatim what Dotsie has said

#72612 - 01/30/04 12:50 AM Re: The 5 People
hearmeroar Offline

I did an entire research paper on the feeling that "I've been here before." It can be explained by brain chemestry, but there is room for revelation. I suggest that God may be 'highlighting' the experience for future reference.

As far as what I believe happens when you die, who knows? I suppose it is a little like waking up in a strange place - disoriented at first - but then you realize that you are right where you belong and desire to be (next to your husband, cuddled with your children, in an oceanfront condo with full view of God's glory, under a tent with African families learning to live like Christ, whatever your situation.) Children who come to their parents bed when they are sick have this sensation upon awakening only to learn that they are safe and comfortable within their parents love and care.

I wish to go in full glory - trumpets playing, angels greeting, Jesus' full embrace. This is what I long for. Hope God's plan is similar!

What I do know is that is it only the beginning.

#72613 - 01/30/04 06:54 AM Re: The 5 People
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Everyone!

Guess what book I happened to read over the holidays...? What a coincidence.

Someone wrote that dying is like being born - I agree with that. Having had the privilege of being with my father at his passing I was impressed by how much like giving birth it is- a "labour of leaving". I had the sense of him passing into a different realm.

I certainly believe that there is a "Crowd of Saints" waiting to greet us - those who have gone ahead.

During the holidays whenI was at the beach, body surfing the waves or ducking under the big, rough ones - I was also thinking about evil in the world and how we learn to negotiate the evils, the dangers, with a bit of divine help...that God doesn't send the problems, they just ARE, as the rough seas and the tranquil seas are part of the same ocean, so the good and bad are all part of life. We learn to live the same ways as we learn to surf - surviving in the natural world as best we can...

#72614 - 01/31/04 08:28 AM Re: The 5 People
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
Julie wrote:

"Someone wrote that dying is like being born - I agree with that. Having had the privilege of being with my father at his passing I was impressed by how much like giving birth it is- a "labour of leaving".

During the holidays when I was at the beach, body surfing the waves or ducking under the big, rough ones - I was also thinking about evil in the world and how we learn to negotiate the evils, the dangers, with a bit of divine help...that God doesn't send the problems, they just ARE, as the rough seas and the tranquil seas are part of the same ocean, so the good and bad are all part of life. We learn to live the same ways as we learn to surf - surviving in the natural world as best we can..."

Julie, thanks for your thoughts. I found them very warming. I liked the imagery of the oneness of the ocean from its rough swells to its tranquil waters and the way you compare this to life. This was helpful, poetic, and thought-provoking for me.

I also liked your term "labour of leaving." That's great.

Sure wish I could be out there with you ducking through those waves! My fantasy novel involves a planet almost entirely comprised of water, the inhabitants having adapted to be able to swim beneath the waves for very long spells. I love the ocean. It was one of the primary draws for me when I sailed around the world -- bein' out there in the middle of nothing but sky and water and no land in sight. It was at once a frightening and liberating feeling.

So, anyway, thanks for posting.

#72615 - 01/31/04 08:53 AM Re: The 5 People
Dotsie Offline
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Julie:
Hi Everyone!

Someone wrote that dying is like being born - I agree with that. Having had the privilege of being with my father at his passing I was impressed by how much like giving birth it is- a "labour of leaving". I had the sense of him passing into a different realm.

I certainly believe that there is a "Crowd of Saints" waiting to greet us - those who have gone ahead.

During the holidays whenI was at the beach, body surfing the waves or ducking under the big, rough ones - I was also thinking about evil in the world and how we learn to negotiate the evils, the dangers, with a bit of divine help...that God doesn't send the problems, they just ARE, as the rough seas and the tranquil seas are part of the same ocean, so the good and bad are all part of life. We learn to live the same ways as we learn to surf - surviving in the natural world as best we can...

Julie, So good to have you back! Can't tell you how much I wish I was on a beach. We've had way too much snow this past week!

I spent Mom's dying hours with her and can totally relate to your comparison to birthing. While it was a real trip for her, I felt blessed because we knew she was dying. All fo us had many opportunities to share all emotions with her. I just feel bad for those who cross over so quickly, and for those left behind that aren't given a chance to bid them farewll, 'til they meet again!

Your posting about the ocean and comparison to life reminds me that all of us have freee will and that's what gets in the way of God's work. [Wink]

[ January 30, 2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#72616 - 02/03/04 05:55 PM Re: The 5 People
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I could totally relate to how anxious Eddie was about knowing the outcome of the little girl's life. Did anyone else feel that way?

#72617 - 02/04/04 02:36 AM Re: The 5 People
Lynn Offline

Oh yes, and I believe you mean the little girl on the amusement ride. But actually Eddie was just as anxious about the little girl in Vietnam and her outcome.

The results of that expereince were quite difficult for Eddie but he was relived, I believe , to know he was right that there was a little girl in that hut.

But he lived a crippled life thereafter for trying to help her. He came full circle by helping the little girl on the amusement ride and maybe he felt that giving his life was balance somehow.

These two girls are tied together in this story. What do you think it is?

Lynn

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved