The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#72580 - 12/01/03 04:31 AM Under The Tuscan Sun
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Fianlly, I've started the book. I think it has gotten off to a bit of a slow start, but I know wnough women who've either read the book or seen the movie, so I'm charging forward. [Smile]

#72581 - 12/01/03 08:01 AM Re: Under The Tuscan Sun
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Is that the book of the month? Because if it is, I want in on this. So what do I do? I need a reason to go get the book and read it.

Kate

#72582 - 12/01/03 10:22 PM Re: Under The Tuscan Sun
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DK, all lyou need do is get the book and read it. Post as you go along! it's that easy....glad you are joining us.

FYI, the book gets going around page 22. Just my opinion! [Big Grin]

#72583 - 12/04/03 03:51 AM Re: Under The Tuscan Sun
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Can't wait to start. I am finishing up A Painted House and want to start ASAP. Looking forward to it. [Wink]

#72584 - 12/04/03 07:31 AM Re: Under The Tuscan Sun
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Wait a sec......what's "A Painted House"? I want to know about that one too.

#72585 - 12/08/03 07:40 PM Re: Under The Tuscan Sun
Lynn Offline

Kate, A Painted House is by John Grisham - not bad. It is not one of his lawyer stories.

Just started Under the Tuscan Sun. Not very far in...the house has just been purchased and the initial clean up has begun.

I can relate to this book so far. I love remodleing, particularly historical structures and I love recapturing the landscape. When we moved into our current house, we had poison ivy and honeysuckle growing right on the house! I can relate to their tasks at hand.

How fortunate to be able to spend your summers in Tuscanny.

I wish there was a map in the book. I am a little ignorant of the Italian country geographically. It would be nice to reference a map for bearings. There goes the navigator in me again! I am enjoying my read.

Can anyone else relate to this couple? Or is it too far festched to go off and buy a summer home 7,000 miles away from your winter home? What do you think?

#72586 - 12/08/03 09:15 PM Re: Under The Tuscan Sun
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynn, it's alittle far fetched for me right now, but I'm a dreamer so I love the idea.

You will like this book even better as you get into it a little more. If you like fixer-uppers, good food, and decorating, you'll lovve this book.

I'm waiting fpr a little more of the love story to get rolling! Such a sap! [Big Grin]

#72587 - 12/13/03 03:25 PM Re: Under The Tuscan Sun
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm about half-way through and need to post about it. I just keep forgetting to bring my book into the office. [Eek!]

#72588 - 12/15/03 04:52 PM Re: Under The Tuscan Sun
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Now I'm anxious to see the movie. Can't wait to see what the house looks like. While I love decorating I must say I don't have the energy it takes to do what they are doing. Geez, how old are they? [Razz]

DOn't know about you but my mouth waters when I read about the food they prepare. I wanted to attend the party with them on page 76. What a lovely setting.

Lynn, what do you say we go there on vacation and hit the market near their house? I might think I've died and gone to heaven.

On page 85, I could relate to her when she was talking about doing chores at her other home and being dragged down by them, feeling like she was wasting time, had better things to do.

But it's all in her perspective because she is doing similar, actually harder chores on her new home in Tuscany. Oh what a difference woking on a vacation home must make!

I also found page 91 interesting when she returned home to all her STUFF in her home and how she was overwhelmed by it in comparison to her rather empty home in Tuscany. Made me think about the *stuff* in my home that I could do without. [Eek!]

So far i'm enjoying the book. Still wish there were more relational things going on!

#72589 - 12/15/03 10:47 PM Re: Under The Tuscan Sun
Lynn Offline

Tuscanny is definetly on my list of places to go. But I am afraid if I do go to Europe I jsut won't come home. I have a tendency to do that sometimes.

I'm with you Dotsie-it all sounds wonderful. I will post my thoughts soon, I am not that far along. I have to run and play the "June bug" game now. This will keep all you Moms of older kids guessing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved